Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #31
FatComputerNerd
Great college starter

Default Re: Hannibal is a Top 3 show.

The 100 and Resurrection both show promise so far.
FatComputerNerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #32
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Those without True Detectives on their list can **** off.

They could have had 2 people cracking carrots on eachothers head for the last 2 episodes and still would be better than 99% of shows.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #33
Suguru101
Annabele Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Those without True Detectives on their list can **** off.

They could have had 2 people cracking carrots on eachothers head for the last 2 episodes and still would be better than 99% of shows.

Mad Men is better, Game of Thrones is better, and Hannibal is overall better.
Go watch all three of those shows, then watch the disappointment than the last 2 episodes of True Detective were and compare overall which show is better.

Yes, the first 5 episodes of TS were on a higher level than Hannibal, but then it started crashing... and it crashed.
Suguru101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #34
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suguru101
Go watch all three of those shows, then watch the disappointment than the last 2 episodes of True Detective were and compare overall which show is better.

Yes, the first 5 episodes of TS were on a higher level than Hannibal, but then it started crashing... and it crashed.

I have watched all those shows and they are not better.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #35
fsvr54
Bitch Hands

What's the appeal of Mad Men? Looks like shite

Game of Thrones isn't better, it's average at best, people just have a boner for fantasy shite
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #36
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
I forgot to add spoiler signs, my bad.

Yeah, it had a 1.1, which was better than the Season 1 Finale.

The reviews and media buzz its getting have hoping it will get nominated at the Emmy's. If this thing gets nominated for something, anything, it will firmly plant it into the awareness of most TV critics, whose readers will then start giving it a chance. I really, really want this show to be renewed.

Whats your take on the episode only showing the end of "her"? I actually wanted to see the fight/chase, if only because she saw something that made her stop, which i believe could be Abigail... either dead or alive(only missing an ear).

Oh and Jack... he's shifting over to the Will side. Well, he was until Will got himself an envoy.
I thought it was better how they did it as it kept the suspense of what was there. It's worse that we didn't see it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 03:20 AM   #37
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:

The last 2 episodes of True Detective were great. I don't know what you're talking about. It's kind of hard to compare a show that only has 1 season to other shows, though. Not to mention it only has 8 episodes. I've never really been interested in Mad Men, the 1st season of Hannibal doesn't seem to be available on TV nor on the NBC website, and I'm currently watching GoT through for the 2nd time. The shows are quite different, so they are kind of difficult to compare. 1 is a gritty drama that focuses on 2 characters while the other is a fantasy show that has like 100 different characters. GoT might be better, but it also has 3 seasons and each season has more episodes.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #38
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

Bumping this because I found an article from last year where showrunner Bryan Fuller lays out his seven-season plan for Hannibal:

Quote:
ďWell, when you get into season four, you get into the literature. And so season four would be Red Dragon, Season Five would be the Silence of the Lambs era, season six would be the Hannibal era, and then Season Seven would be a resolve to the ending of that book. Hannibal ends on a cliffhanger. Hannibal Lecter has bonded with Clarice Starling and brainwashed her and they are now quasi-lovers and off as fugitives, and so thatís a cliffhanger. It might be interesting to resolve that in some way and to bring Will Graham back into the picture. So once we get two more seasons, say, of the television show, those are the arenít-novelized stories, and then we would get into expansions of the novels after that and kind of using the novels as a backbone for season arcs that would then be kind of enhanced...

[i]t would be about incorporating [Will] in a way that he hasnít been incorporated in the books, because Will Graham was only mentioned in Silence of the Lambs, he was not seen, and so I would be curious to see what happens to Will Graham after Red Dragon. By the time of Red Dragon, heís married to Molly and has her son from a previous marriage, but doesnít have any children of his own. And then that relationship is more complicated by Francis Dolarhyde and there were suggestions that there was a not-so-happy ending for Will Graham after Red Dragon because he has his face carved up and you wonder whatís going to happen to Will now, and Iím curious to see what happens to Will after that.Ē
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #39
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
This is what's stopping me from even getting into this show, as unfair as that sounds. I don't have faith in the major networks to put out interesting dramas. The feel and atmosphere of these shows seems so tame and superficial compared to what you'd see on HBO or Showtime.
This is one of the few shows that is great despite being a network show. The other being The Good Wife.

It really is quality material. As you watch you will forget that it's network when you see some of the things they get away with. It's a legitimate dark drama with quality writing and acting.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #40
ZeN
Stormblessed

Also, no love for House of Cards?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #41
Suguru101
Annabele Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Bumping this because I found an article from last year where showrunner Bryan Fuller lays out his seven-season plan for Hannibal:

This dude knows what he's doing.

Btw, anybody has thoughts on Hannibal's 6th episode?
Suguru101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:40 AM   #42
El Gato Negro
History made 2016

I started watching hannibal because of this thread and have been pleasantly surprised, good show it'll hold me over till sons of anarchy starts back up. Every time i hear someone call game of thrones a good show i always think of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjzC2DRgEo4&app=desktop
El Gato Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:44 AM   #43
cos88
Banned

so many good shows the past few years, don't know about if it is a top 3 show
cos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:26 AM   #44
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Oh. So, Hannibal is that good, huh? True Detective was awesome while it lasted. The last three episodes weren't as good as the first five tho. Episode 4 of True Detective is one of the best episodes I've seen in a while. I was so hyped after that episode.

Anyway, GoT is back on and things about to get crazy. If Hannibal is close to the level of GoT or True Detective, then I'm going to watch that ASAP. I do like Mad Men too. There are so many good shows lately. We're in the golden age of TV shows. At least cable TV.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:55 AM   #45
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

This show just keeps getting better and better
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: