Saw a basketball once

Default What finger touches the ball last?

It's usually index or middle. This is a really, really hard question to answer and it is highly controversial.
    Last edited by gosu22; 11-05-2010 at 12:18 AM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: What finger touches the ball last?

uh.. dam you, you made me go on google to look up the fingers, because I forgot the fingers' names. I don't think you should have made your own thread that's a question then answered it lol. It's the index finger though.

Index, unless you're shooting it wrong.

I've seen players that had problems "thumbing" the ball. Everything would look and feel good, feet, form, release, and then they clip the shot with their thumb on their shooting hand and give it some side-spin.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Index, unless you're shooting it wrong.

I've seen players that had problems "thumbing" the ball. Everything would look and feel good, feet, form, release, and then they clip the shot with their thumb on their shooting hand and give it some side-spin.
    I don't think i could "thumb" the ball even if i try. Muscle memory tells me to only shoot with my index and middle finger.

Banned

Index and middle finger for the most part, occasionally it slips out of my end two fingers but that's when it's brickin

Saw a basketball once

I want to thank you guys for your replies, I definately thought that index was the finger, but I remember the middle working for me. I am staying really specifically with the index now. My next question is about where you place the ball: are you more of a swish22/Steve Nash low setup or a high setup like Kobe?

Which is better and why? I feel like, I should be shooting up high like Kobe, in order to be able to shoot over defenders without getting blocked, in order to make myself a crazy offensive threat, but at the same time I don't feel that accurate right now.

Banned

I went for a shoot around and tried to take notice of what i was doin and noticed that i seem to release with my index and middle finger but also a little bit with my ring finger, I think on a good shot i balance the ball well in those three fingers and then release with the middle of them(middle finger).

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gosu22
    I want to thank you guys for your replies, I definately thought that index was the finger, but I remember the middle working for me. I am staying really specifically with the index now. My next question is about where you place the ball: are you more of a swish22/Steve Nash low setup or a high setup like Kobe?

Which is better and why? I feel like, I should be shooting up high like Kobe, in order to be able to shoot over defenders without getting blocked, in order to make myself a crazy offensive threat, but at the same time I don't feel that accurate right now.
    there are advantages to both releases. high lets you shoot over defenders and low gives them less time to react which works better off the dribble.

LAL|LAC

Quote Originally Posted by gosu22

Shoot the way that's most comfortable for you.
    Don't try to copy any NBA player's shooting form. Trust me I would always try to change my shot up and would end up shooting inconsistently in games cause my mechanics would be all f*cked. Now I just stick to one style that feels right for me and it works.

What do you mean? On a jumpshot? Hookshot? Runner? Finger Roll?

On a jumpshot it's definitely index/middle