Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 02-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Matt_3333 has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade...

I'm thinking about offering Raja Bell for Ronnie Brewer or Rajon Rondo. I am losing 3PTM almost every week and think that raja bell is pretty useless if not for that, but I would like to solidify my steals (while keeping TO's low, FG% high), are these good players to aim for? Which one is better?
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Cards1978
Decent playground baller

Cards1978 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Trade...

I think you can do better than those guys. If I had to pick I'd go with Brewer, but I think you can get more than that.
Cards1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

Those would work, or how about buying low on Tinsley?

Larry Hughes or Alston might be available on your wire as well for quick fixes, although they aren't consistent players by any means.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

the trade never happened but now the owner of brewer dropped him...so I was wondering if he is worth picking up or is this the kind of injury that can stick around for a long time? the guys on my team I'd consider dropping are raja bell, drew gooden, jeff foster, andrew bynum?

foster has been great when starting and I still haven't heard news of JO coming back...also, raja bell doesn't seem like he contributes much other than 3PTM and having really low TO (but nothing else)...so I'm thinking dropping bell for the chance at brewer returning?
Old 02-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_3333
the trade never happened but now the owner of brewer dropped him...so I was wondering if he is worth picking up or is this the kind of injury that can stick around for a long time? the guys on my team I'd consider dropping are raja bell, drew gooden, jeff foster, andrew bynum?

foster has been great when starting and I still haven't heard news of JO coming back...also, raja bell doesn't seem like he contributes much other than 3PTM and having really low TO (but nothing else)...so I'm thinking dropping bell for the chance at brewer returning?
I don't think Brewer will be out much longer. I dunno if you've ever bruised your tailbone or not. You can run and still do the normal stuff, it's just really really painful. It's most likely just a precautionary thing more than anything else. Brewer has a good FG% and also averages a couple of steals a game. Other than that he's kinda up and down. He can get inconsistent minutes sometimes, but usually plays 20-25 a game.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
chuckyboy34
High School Starter

chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far

thabo is another consideration for steals, he's been really upping his defensive numbers lately. also i wouldnt drop bell for brewer, raja is hot right now.
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #7
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Can you post the rest of your team?

How about making a quick 2for1? Deal Raja and someone else to a threes-starved team and then grab Brewer if need be. Raja for Rondo wouldnt be a bad deal, but Rondo's inconsistency will drive you mad. Considering his assist line yesterday, I'd think he finally figured this pg thing out, but who knows what to expect from him.

I'd take a chance on Rondo I guess, if nothing else he provides the steals and fg% you're looking for along with the possiblity of some nice assist lines.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

my team... 12 team H2H Yahoo 9 cats

PG Billups
SG Barbosa
G Ford
SF Marion
PF D. West
F Gooden
C Camby
C Biedrins
Util Bell
Util Kenyon Martin
BN Foster
BN Bynum
BN McDyess

I'm thinking although foster is doing so great, indiana is expecting JO to return this season and I won't be able to trade him, so I should just drop him now for brewer...and I agreee I won't be able to ever get fair trading value for bell, no one will accept but he'll be instantly snatched up if I drop him...also, I'm heavy on the PF/C so this should help that situation...
Old 02-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #9
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

so, last day of waivers for brewer and it all comes down to...

which one of my PF's will produce the least for the rest of the season?
foster or gooden?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:00 PM   #10
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_3333
so, last day of waivers for brewer and it all comes down to...

which one of my PF's will produce the least for the rest of the season?
foster or gooden?

Its really just an odds situation. Gooden SHOULD be favored to have more value, but if JO is out and Foster solidifies his place in the starting lineup each night, Foster becomes the more valuable commodity. So are you a gambling man? Take Foster if you want to beat the odds, and keep Gooden if you want to play it "safe."

Outside of the odds thing, it looks like Biedrins job is in serious jeopardy and although his PT was already whack, it might be even more so now. As much as I'd hate to say it, you might need to think about keeping Foster for his C eligibility, especially if Biedrins becomes a waste. Just something to factor in when you're weighing your decision.

If its me? I keep Gooden, and here's why: Worst case scenario for Foster is much worse than Gooden. Drew has a starting PF job waiting for him to return, even if Varejao takes some of his time. Foster, on the other hand, might not even play in games if JO does come back for Indiana. Plus, you drafted Gooden and grabbed Foster off of waivers, and while that may be strange reasoning, I hate to see a guy I drafted snatched up as soon as he clears waivers, because it means he could have been some minor trade bait at least.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: