Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Question The Knicks have eventually found the appropriate HC for their team, so how about us?

Are we still gonna stick with Lawrence Frank, an even worse coach than Doc Rivers? Seriously, Frank is very good as an assistant coach since he works hard and knows how to interact with players. However, he's simply not the material for a head coach, which has been proved long time ago.

Are we gonna stick with Lawrence Frank even after 2010? I don't know whether I'm being too sensitive but I have a feeling that the presence of Lawrence Frank might be a reason for FAs like LBJ, CB4 and Bosh to reject signing with the Nets since they can't see the hope of winning anything with a coach like him. Any thoughts on this?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Knicks have eventually found the appropriate HC for their team, so how about us?

*waits for gigantes to come in and politely but firmly disagree.*
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Knicks have eventually found the appropriate HC for their team, so how about us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110

I usually have a sudden Frank hating moment every month or so when the Nets start losing. I thought Frank was on the hot seat all summer seeing all those coaches losing their jobs. I guess Rod Thorn trusts him.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing

I usually have a sudden Frank hating moment every month or so when the Nets start losing. I thought Frank was on the hot seat all summer seeing all those coaches losing their jobs. I guess Rod Thorn trusts him.

Well it seems that it was Jason Kidd who didn't want to change the coach so Frank managed to stay as the HC of this team. Now that Kidd's gone and the Nets are already not a play-off team anymore, it's time to move on and replace Lawrence Frank with a better coach, or at least someone who knows how to train young players. Too bad we missed the chance to sign D' Antoni or Avery Johnson.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

*still waiting*
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #6
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Come on, do you guys really like and support Lawrence Frank? What did he actually do in recent seasons other than turning the East Champ into a second round team and now a non-playoff team?
Old 11-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
lol...

sometimes i'd like to come in and firmly but politely replace kiddslovesnets as a member here.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

regarding d'antoni, i do agree that he's an approporiate coach for NY- he'll turn them into an exciting team and perennial eastern conference powerhouse (assuming that dumbass dolan doesn't find a way to screw things up).

the fact that the knicks will never be able to win a championship under d'antoni will not be that big a deal because knicks fans need something to run their mouths about, and he certainly gives them that. from now on we'll be hearing a constant chorus of "the knicks are going all the way" followed by "just wait til next year!"

you'll be able to mark your calendar by it, i guarantee.

btw, the standoff between walsh and marbury (and curry to a lesser extent) is shaping up to be an interesting end to a long-running, dysfunctional soap opera. it will be kind of a shame for me to see it end...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:52 AM   #9
Rusty
Host of a Nets podcast

Rusty has decent reputation
Default Re: The Knicks have eventually found the appropriate HC for their team, so how about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
...btw, the standoff between walsh and marbury (and curry to a lesser extent) is shaping up to be an interesting end to a long-running, dysfunctional soap opera. it will be kind of a shame for me to see it end...
See, that's the beauty of the Knicks. IF that over-sized day-time melodrama finds a resolution, there'll always be another one to come along and replace it. I'm not going to lie, that's the main reason I love doing a show about the Knicks. The pure entertainment value will NEVER cease to exist.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: