Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The playoffs so far have felt boring

I think it's boring compared to how high the expectations were coming into the season. The Lakers supposed to be great, Thunder, Spurs, and Clippers all supposed to be up there as well. Even as a Laker-hater, how much greater would it have been for you to watch the Lakers fail in the WCF's or Finals after all the hype?

When you look at pre-season predictions and see where teams were ranked and with their rosters, this postseason had INCREDIBLE expectations.

A lot of people had the West looking something like:

1. LA
    2. OKC
    3. SA
    4. LAC
    5. MEM
    6. DEN
    7. GSW
    8. Minny/POR/Utah

Not to say that GSW and the emergence of Curry and Klay hasn't been awesome to watch. They are really exciting players to watch. DEN also impressed everyone by earning the 3 seed, with Lawson playing better and Faried being a beast. However, when you think of the potential the West had coming into the season with the expectations...there were 4 teams people had possibly making it to the Finals, the Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, or Clips. However, injuries crippled the Lakers. Everyone knows how that turned out. The Thunder dealt Harden and are playing without Westbrook. The Spurs are the Spurs, Timmy playing great for being 37, athough no one knows how healthy Manu or Parker really are. And the expectations for Blake and Cp3 to finally mesh and make a title push. The west had expectations of being as competitive as its been since the early 2000's.

And in the East. Everyone knew Miami would finish first. However, most expected Rose to return in February coming into the season, making them still a deadly playoff contender. Brooklyn had high expectations as well, but D-Will proved he couldn't lead a championship team. JJ didn't play very well, either. Paul George stepped up big time for the Pacers, but they lost Granger which really hurt their rotation. Hibbert didn't make the leap I was hoping he would make, especially in this weak era for post players. Melo played better than I thought he would, although without him they don't have a second option when JR is off.

Overall, the playoffs have been exciting, but it doesn't have the starpower everyone was hoping for with Kobe, Westbrook, Granger, Rose, and Rondo hurt. Hell, who knows if the Grizz would be better in the PO's with Gay instead of Prince. I know it helped show Conley's potential, but I think the Grizz are gonna miss having another perimeter scorer without Gay.

Im digging the Curry break-out. Memphis and NY intrigue me.

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Denver/Golden State

Memphis/Clippers

Knicks/Celtics

Nets/Knicks

Da **** you talking about boring?
    memphis and clippers wasn't ask good as last time, knicks and celtics i watched but grew tired of and nets and bulls was a joke. I expected a lot more, like when dallas won you had so many great series and when miami won last year. Best series in the last two years that i can think of off the top of my head

BOS v MIA
    SAS v MEM
    DAL v LAL
    LAC v MEM
    DAL v OKC
    LAL V DEN
    BOS V NY
    IND v MIA
    POR V DAL

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Boring?

I don't get it. So many series have been interesting. I think they have been great so far.

Dumbass kids. These playoffs have been badass.

i miss goatbrook

NBA lottery pick

I miss KOBE

That's the problem with these playoffs

I don't think any of these teams are that great.

Its been a great playoffs so far, idk what else you can ask for. Great defense, great offense, OT's, hot tempers, high scoring games...really, what else do you want?

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Denver/Golden State

Memphis/Clippers

Knicks/Celtics

Nets/Knicks

Da **** you talking about boring?
    Which year is it again?

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

Playoffs have been entertaining. Too many teams have injuries though, I think Chris Bosh needs to get injured to spice things up.

Very good NBA starter

The only reason I could see it considered boring (and I don't) would be because teams are lead by relatively new, inexperienced, faces, and alot of the past greats are on the brink of retirement, have retired already, or have been knocked out of the playoffs/didn't make the playoffs... In other words, the basketball itself has been great, but the "main characters" are quickly coming from a new, so-much-left-to-prove, generation (if it hasn't already). I guess it's cool if you're younger, but I find it kind of depressing guys like Duncan and Garnett are shells of themselves. Guys who, if in their prime, would be dominating the league in a way big men are not doing nowadays.

First round was very boring. Including the first round to now, only series involving the GSW and Memphis have been somewhat entertaining. I think back to the 2011 playoffs and think damn that was an amazing year.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Golden State has been very entertaining. Against Denver and against Spurs. They had the best series so far, and probably the most entertaining team to watch IMO.

But there have been a few good series this year. This year second round, apart from Miami/Bulls, have been unpredictable to me. But even game 1 in the Miami/Bulls was a surprise.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

tha bulls vs heat, bucks vs heat has both been extremely rigged and boring.