Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2016, 09:56 AM   #1
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5,931
Default Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

I think most people are expecting the Warriors or Cavs. Curious to see if anyone expects anyone else to win. Also why?

I think the Warriors will close this year in a pretty dominating fashion because Durant fits for them. Don't know if they will start out well since Kerr will have to balance the way the 4 stars play.

So who and why do you think they will win? Maybe the 3-4 morons with 40 alts can try to keep this civilized without it turning into a Kobe vs Bron battle that noone else gives a sht about.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
r15mohd
College superstar
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,518
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
I think most people are expecting the Warriors or Cavs. Curious to see if anyone expects anyone else to win. Also why?

I think the Warriors will close this year in a pretty dominating fashion because Durant fits for them. Don't know if they will start out well since Kerr will have to balance the way the 4 stars play.

So who and why do you think they will win? Maybe the 3-4 morons with 40 alts can try to keep this civilized without it turning into a Kobe vs Bron battle that noone else gives a sht about.


the Warriors will have a pretty good regular season, but think the post season is where the lack of inside presence will come forth - rebounding and paint protection is going to be a serious issue


dark horse, if you want to call it that, is the Spurs. the Duncan replacement with Pau is definitely intriguing - whether the old legs of Pau, Manu and Parker hold up is another story.

no other team has the firepower to outduel any of these 3 teams - will take an unfortunate incident for another team to come into the picture.

wouldn't be surprised at a Cavs repeat, either, they have the firepower and know how - and if the Warriors are in the Finals, here goes that paint presence again
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:12 AM   #3
Jasper
Bucks Brigade
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,842
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

I'll watch the regular season, but not one game of the Warriors.

this team is like the Lakers had with Karl Malone.... loaded to the gills

------------------------------
regular season will be filled with nice teams to watch , but when playoff arrive , I will not watch.

I expect bandwagoneer's flooding ISH with but licking comments about the Warriors.

Pretty sad how ISH and NBA will be in June 2017.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #4
SilkkTheShocker
Curry: 0x Finals MVP
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TRUMP TRAIN
Posts: 14,863
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

Cleveland pretty easily.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:53 AM   #5
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,878
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

GSW has been so lucky with keeping everyone healthy over the past 2-3 seasons. My not so crazy prediction is that they don't make it out of the west this year due to a major injury to a star player.

I say cavs win it.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #6
Prime_Shaq
Devin Booker MVP
 
Prime_Shaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,526
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

Okc.
Prime_Shaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:05 AM   #7
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y
 
hold this L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5,931
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
GSW has been so lucky with keeping everyone healthy over the past 2-3 seasons. My not so crazy prediction is that they don't make it out of the west this year due to a major injury to a star player.

I say cavs win it.
They just had their best player injured throughout half of the PO last season and Iggy/Bogut got injured in the final as well.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #8
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,853
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

If there is media pressure and the Warriors are NBA villains then I wouldn't be shocked if they choked. Curry already has two sub-par performances at least by his normal expectations in the finals and despite the explanations and excuses he hasn't shown that he is a performer on the large stage as of yet. As for Durant, he is facing as much if not more pressure than his teammates, and it doesn't help that he choked himself last playoffs. Despite all that Cleveland probably didn't do enough to get better.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #9
ScalsFan21
Atkinson Fam Head
 
ScalsFan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,872
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

I think there's literally a 95% chance of Act 3 between Warriors and Cavs barring a LeBron injury. I'll give the other 5% to SAS but those are the only team's fans that should bother getting their hopes up (as far as the championship goes that is).
ScalsFan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:44 AM   #10
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Latvian Ladder
Posts: 25,045
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

There really is no way GS shouldn't win, unless they massively choke harder than they did this year.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #11
lilteapot
Very good NBA starter
 
lilteapot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 8,321
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

GSW will pace themselves better this season and win it all.
lilteapot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:43 PM   #12
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,878
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
They just had their best player injured throughout half of the PO last season and Iggy/Bogut got injured in the final as well.


a minor sprain is not a major injury.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:52 PM   #13
Proctor
College superstar
 
Proctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,830
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

Spurs (I hope) if LaMarcus Aldridge doesn't go limp when the Warriors come to play. He always has a goliath start to some specific series and let's just hope it's against the Warriors. Now that the Thunder are out of the picture, the Spurs should get their chance.

I'd like to think Popovich is smart enough to exploit the Warriors' very obvious deficiencies. As good as they are, they certainly have some now.
Proctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:25 AM   #14
Terahite
Free Nick Young
 
Terahite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: unban NY!!
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

The way the West has been choking I'm predicting a Timberwolves-Cavaliers matchup in the Finals.
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:05 AM   #15
WayOfWad3
ISH >>>
 
WayOfWad3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: BYU
Posts: 991
Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

My brother and I had a pretty good conversation about who could actually challenge GS (they're the favorite), and the only teams in the west that could actually matchup are the Spurs and Jazz. Jazz are a long shot, but they are the only team that can field legit defenders at every position and can switch everything on defense. The Spurs are just a team you can never count out no matter what season it is, probably the best pick outside of CLE or GS. Jazz aren't winning the title though even if they can put up a good fight. As for the East, I'd say CLE and BOS are the only true contenders out there (at the moment). I feel Toronto peaked last season, and I just look at Atlanta and see a franchise content with "Good, not Great." Boston though wouldn't beaten either SAS or GSW, I feel like they could be very competitive against Cleveland however.

Tldr: Same three contenders as last season, CLE-SAS-GSW
WayOfWad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy