Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #46
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: WATCHMEN > Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I wasn't a fan of Malin Ackerman and Jackie Haley.
They were the two I loved most in the film..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #47
RoTM
Local High School Star

RoTM has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Yes it is. Watchmen is widely considered the best comic ever with only a handful of issues. And I wasn't comparing the entire Batman series, just a select few arcs. Hush/Long Halloween are just as good if not better.

I enjoyed those two arcs, but putting them on the watchman's level is too far for me.
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #48
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

those who have read watchmen. how was the comic different than the movie? I though the movie was very similar to the graphic novel but for some reason fans hated the movie yet loved the comic.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #49
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Yes it is. Watchmen is widely considered the best comic ever with only a handful of issues. And I wasn't comparing the entire Batman series, just a select few arcs. Hush/Long Halloween are just as good if not better.
Hush and Long Halloween are very entertaining on a superficial level, but Watchmen goes a little deeper down the rabbit hole. Also if you were going to use Batman arcs I wouldn't really use Hush, I think The Dark Knight Returns, and Batman Year One would be better examples.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #50
TROLL_HUNTER
Decent playground baller

TROLL_HUNTER is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
those who have read watchmen. how was the comic different than the movie? I though the movie was very similar to the graphic novel but for some reason fans hated the movie yet loved the comic.

I have read the comic book and the movie is a perfect adaptation from it. as good as it can be. so theres no reason for fans to freak out, really. In my opinion, both movies are excellent and not the typical popcorn shitty blockbuster we often watch nowadays.
TROLL_HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #51
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Hush and Long Halloween are very entertaining on a superficial level, but Watchmen goes a little deeper down the rabbit hole. Also if you were going to use Batman arcs I wouldn't really use Hush, I think The Dark Knight Returns, and Batman Year One would be better examples.

I just prefer the Batman stories to Watchmen, and yes, you're right, I had 4-5 in mind including the two you listed. Just didn't list them because I was in a rush.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #52
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The tone in Watchmen shifts too often for me to consider it the better of the two movies. Some of the music choices were ridiculous. For example, Ride of the Valkyries during the Vietnam flashback.

Last edited by kentatm : 07-26-2010 at 08:03 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:58 AM   #53
RoTM
Local High School Star

RoTM has an OK reputation so far

I liked dark knight returns but I don't understand whats supposed to be so impressive about year one.
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:12 AM   #54
xcesswee
Great young streetballer

xcesswee has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
The tone in Watchmen shifts too often for me to consider it the better of the two movies. Some of the music choices were ridiculous. For example, Ride of the Valkyries during the Vietnam flashback.

That glory hallelujah song during the sex scene was awkward.
xcesswee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:15 AM   #55
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought Watchmen sucked while the Dark Knight was great. Watchmen was pretty much unwatchable to me.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #56
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcesswee
That glory hallelujah song during the sex scene was awkward.
If people knew the lyrics to the song, they would know the song was very appropriate for a sex scene.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #57
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

WATCHMEN > Dark Knight ?

Dark Knight>>>>>Watchmen (overrated)
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #58
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Watchmen: 92/100

The Dark Knight: 96/100

Dark Knight> Watchmen both incredible though, own both on Blu-Rizzle
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: