Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: Did Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton draw guns on each other?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Pro athletes have just as right to bear arms as you bruh. What are you talkin about?

guns should only be held by police, security and the military in America? Lots of pro athletes in all major sports own firearms. You only hear about those who own them and make poor judgements. These dudes financial status is made public. contracts, incentives/bonuses, endorsement deals, what gifts they were given, the top grossing athletes of the year. They dont have an idea how much me and you make. But we have a good idea how much they are atleast earning. Therefore they become prey for wolves who would like to get some of that $$$$ be it material or that green stuff.
    i agree with the fact that every should be allowed to bear firearms, but when has ANY good come from an athlete carrying a gun around?

Not airballing my layups anymore

this whole gilbert gun thing reminded me of this scene of the boondocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKApBaebYAY

Gilbert shoots at 41%. Chances are he would have missed.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

void his contract and offer him a non-gauranteed ****ty one. Do it Wash!

very disapointed with you guys, i excepted some photoshopped pics.

High School Varsity 6th Man

What had happen was coach Flip Saunders told Arenas and Crittenton to practice their shooting.

Da Mavs

Wow, they could be facing some serious legal issues because of the strict DC gun laws. Also Arenas admitted to having guns in his locker to keep them away from his kids at home...why wouldn't you leave them in your car?

Disastrous year for Wizards.

Bill Simmons has said a few times, the only way a real rivalry could be had in todays NBA is if..

1) Someone stole someone elses wife/gf
    2) Someone refused to pay a gambling debt

Come touch it, Dave Knuck the Ficks's Avatar

The story sounds a bit too ridiculous to be true, but you never know.

I do think that if the Wiz can prove this happened and that Gilbert was the first to draw a weapon then his contract will be torn up.

Washington owes him $96 million over five years - pulling a gun on a teammate easily gives them grounds to cancel a 100 million dollar debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Knuck the Ficks
    The story sounds a bit too ridiculous to be true, but you never know.

I do think that if the Wiz can prove this happened and that Gilbert was the first to draw a weapon then his contract will be torn up.

Washington owes him $96 million over five years - pulling a gun on a teammate easily gives them grounds to cancel a 100 million dollar debt.
    not so sure it matters if he drew first or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Pro athletes have just as right to bear arms as you bruh. What are you talkin about?

guns should only be held by police, security and the military in America? Lots of pro athletes in all major sports own firearms. You only hear about those who own them and make poor judgements. These dudes financial status is made public. contracts, incentives/bonuses, endorsement deals, what gifts they were given, the top grossing athletes of the year. They dont have an idea how much me and you make. But we have a good idea how much they are atleast earning. Therefore they become prey for wolves who would like to get some of that $$$$ be it material or that green stuff.
    i don't argue the rights to have a gun but there is absolutely no way these guys have permits to bring it outside their house. So if the purpose of them having a gun is to protect themselves outside the house, its asinine, be\cause if you pull the gun you are commiting a crime that will get you in more trouble than being robbed. Also, the gun can't protect you in those situationsw because you can't see it coming generally. A situation that you know you are goign somewhere where you can protect yourself with a gun, the probably better scenario is to no go to the place.

Again, not against having a gun, but outside of home protection its not helpful because you can't hold it out, or hold it legally, so it doesnt help.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    i agree with the fact that every should be allowed to bear firearms, but when has ANY good come from an athlete carrying a gun around?
    I bet Sean Taylor's remaining family wishes he had (and was legally allowed to carry) a gun, maybe McNair's too, Albeiro Usuriaga (soccer player), and you can name literally hundreds more of instances of athletes being robbed at gunpoint, stabbed, shot at, although it's obviously anyone's guess as to where each situation would have gone had they been armed.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    I bet Sean Taylor's remaining family wishes he had (and was legally allowed to carry) a gun, maybe McNair's too, Albeiro Usuriaga (soccer player), and you can name literally hundreds more of instances of athletes being robbed at gunpoint, stabbed, shot at, although it's obviously anyone's guess as to where each situation would have gone had they been armed.
    then he could of got into a shoot out with his family alongside great idea. how the hell would mcnair having a gun saved him? he got shot while sleeping

Good college starter Agent_Zero's Avatar

goddamn it gilbo

the guy used to be my favorite player. i was relentless in my defense of anything to do with him...don't know if i can keep doing it if this **** keeps happening

Knowledge Is Power shortlunatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shizzouts
    Act 1, Scene 1

"Pardon me, Gilbert, but I believe that you must now honor your gambling debt and pay me the money I am rightfully owed."

"Alas, Javaris, that is not the case. I do not believe that I do in fact owe you any money."

"Again, Gilbert, I must insist that you pay me, as I wouldn't dare enter a new decade with this disagreement looming between us."

"Indeed, Javaris, unless we can agree to disagree, I must reluctantly show you this unloaded firearm that is contained within my personal storage area here in our employer's locker room."

"Ah yes, Gilbert. Allow us to then disagree, as I too would much enjoy retrieving my firearm as well. Shall we compare firearms, engage in some otherwise mildly threatening small talk and allow our ample frames to become, as it would be said, 'swoll'?"

"Indeed, Javaris. I would enjoy such a comparison, and I have not been 'swoll' in such a long time. Let us do as you have suggested."

Finis
    lol, hell naw