Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Zelda for 3DS is fantastic...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    skyward sword was IMO hands down the best zelda game since ocarina of time.

this is the natural fan reaction to new zelda games post OOT:

Majoras Mask: This Sucks! OOT was way better!

Wind Waker: This Sucks! Majora's Mask was way better!

Twilight Princess: This Sucks! Wind Waker was way better!

Skyward Sword: This Sucks! Twilight Princess was way better!

All zelda games are really really good. I can't say i've played one that's been a let down or a disappointment.
    I didn't like Skyward Sword as much. I didn't like how it essentially made it levels of Zelda, you go here, find the way to the temple, then go there. It's a very well made game, but it doesn't feel like Zelda I like such as OOT where you feel like part of the world. The "sprite" whatever she was barking otu commands was also irritating as hell.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I didn't like Skyward Sword as much. I didn't like how it essentially made it levels of Zelda, you go here, find the way to the temple, then go there. It's a very well made game, but it doesn't feel like Zelda I like such as OOT where you feel like part of the world. The "sprite" whatever she was barking otu commands was also irritating as hell.

i thought the dungeon designs and the some of the areas were extremely creative. I thought the game was one of the more difficult 3d zeldas if not the most difficult 3d zelda. The music was the best out of any Zelda game.

I didn't find the sprite thing irritating but i didn't like that one boss you have to fight three times coming up that f*cking hill. That part really chapped my ass. I recently played through WWHD from not having played it since it was initially released on gamecube and I think SS overall is better.

But when comparing zelda games its really just nitpicking. They are all amazing video game masterpieces. Can't wait till we get to see some news about the new one for Wii U. There is that rumor floating around that the Wii U gamepad was designed around this upcoming Zelda title.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Twilight princess was pretty fantastic. Never got a chance to play skyward sword but I heard it was good, but not nearly as good as the others.
    Twilight Princess was a really good game other than that wolf stuff in the first couple of hours. A couple of the best Zelda dungeons in that game.

But the way Nintendo handled that game really took a lot of the shine away. The game was developed towards a 2005 release, which would have been a perfect moment to release that game. But with the Wii on the horizon and a serious lack of "serious" games for that system Nintendo decided to simply shelf a finished GC game for a year and release it on the Wii as a "new" game. In the year TP laid there rotting in the Nintendo vaults the Xbox 360 was released and everybody got to play games like Gears of War, Fight Night 3, Rainbow Six Vegas and TES Oblivion. Pushing some of the standards for console gaming beyond what it had been in the previous year.

Just overall an extremely cynical way to handle this scenario by Nintendo that made the game seem worse than it actually was.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Twilight Princess was a really good game other than that wolf stuff in the first couple of hours. A couple of the best Zelda dungeons in that game.

But the way Nintendo handled that game really took a lot of the shine away. The game was developed towards a 2005 release, which would have been a perfect moment to release that game. But with the Wii on the horizon and a serious lack of "serious" games for that system Nintendo decided to simply shelf a finished GC game for a year and release it on the Wii as a "new" game. In the year TP laid there rotting in the Nintendo vaults the Xbox 360 was released and everybody got to play games like Gears of War, Fight Night 3, Rainbow Six Vegas and TES Oblivion. Pushing some of the standards for console gaming beyond what it had been in the previous year.

Just overall an extremely cynical way to handle this scenario by Nintendo that made the game seem worse than it actually was.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Nintendo isn't interested in pushing graphics capabilities, they are interested in pushing the way games are played and putting out extremely polished games that are regarded as great years and years after they are released. They did what they did to supplement the Wii's lineup; and you can't deny that the Wii was one of the most successful consoles ever made.

Just learned that the wolf stuff stopped in TP. I never made it past that because I assumed that shit continued throughout the whole game. I was pretty excited for that but hated how it was done. Never played SS, but always wanted too. Still regret canceling my gold wii remote bundle of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    You are comparing apples to oranges. Nintendo isn't interested in pushing graphics capabilities, they are interested in pushing the way games are played and putting out extremely polished games that are regarded as great years and years after they are released. They did what they did to supplement the Wii's lineup; and you can't deny that the Wii was one of the most successful consoles ever made.
    I disagree, that's not how Nintendo was back then. Sure they were about extremely polished and playable games, but during the GC time with the release of games like Metroid Prime and the Wind Waker Nintendo actually was at the very cutting edge of graphics. Those are the best looking games of that generation and they were released early in the system's cycle.

They moved away from that with the Wii, but they also moved away from their focus on artistic quality.