Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lakers upcoming correction(s) to make

You want to make deals?
    Fine.
    Somehow trade away Andrew Bynum+Pau Gasol+ SBrown+blake+barnes & first rounders

Go and get Dwill+Dwight howard.

then, Go and have Jerry Sloan coach us.
    Run pick and roll ALL DAY.

C.Dwight
    Pf LO
    Sf Artest
    Sg Kobe
    pg Dwill.

Bench. Whatever. our bench always sucks.lol

[COLOR="White"](I kidd)[/COLOR]

Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    You want to make deals?
    Fine.
    Somehow trade away Andrew Bynum+Pau Gasol+ SBrown+blake+barnes & first rounders

Go and get Dwill+Dwight howard.

then, Go and have Jerry Sloan coach us.
    Run pick and roll ALL DAY.

C.Dwight
    Pf LO
    Sf Artest
    Sg Kobe
    pg Dwill.

Bench. Whatever. our bench always sucks.lol

[COLOR="White"](I kidd)[/COLOR]
    lol jerry sloan reunited w/ Deron williams. we had Kobe reunite w/ phil so i guess we can do the same situation over again

Banned

Artest, barnes, fisher, blake needs to GO!

Trade pau for Stephen curry and dorell wright!

Starting five could be:

Bynum
    Odom
    D wright
    Kobe
    Step curry

Then we can fix our bench, get rid of the triangle, hire sloan or brown get some consistent shooters.

We don't need Howard, Cp3, or Dwill. Stop buying the media trade hype.

1. Full body scan, MRI, CT Scan for Kobe, identify and fix all his physical problems, then strap him to bed until November.
    2. Hire Dr Phil to psycho analyze Pau, if his problems are not fixable, then trade him.
    3. Put Bynum in bubble wrap until January.
    4. ban the Chloe and Lamar camera mean in Staples and Laker practice facilities.
    5. Hire DKLaker as coach, for sure, he will identify the weaklings.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

You had me going there for a minute too MJ

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGreenFan
    But you guys and the pipe dreams about DWill and CP3. Quit it. And I'm not hating. I actually think the Lakers would win the title next yr w a trade like I suggested. You just need to get quicker at the 1 and 3 positions. And move Gasol.
    Based on your other posts in the main forum, you want Rondo and JO for CP3 to Celtics...so you want him for yourself...lol...you should quit it since it is just a pipe dream. I can't believe your words anymore. Jerry Buss has $ to smoke pipe. I think he can do it so I'm not going to quit. It is not really pipe dream. Pau&Bynum can knock down free throws more so than Dwight. Bynum is not too far behind Dwight so it is a possible trade.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I dunno, I just posted that based on what Bill Plaschke was saying. Something definitely happened off-the-court that effected his game on the court as Gasol said himself.

Quote:
    "I have to learn from this," Gasol said. ''I have to learn that when something happens off the court, you have to keep it off the court."

He was referring to the report that he stopped talking to Bryant during the postseason because Bryant's wife, Vanessa, had contributed to the breakup of Gasol and his longtime girlfriend. Lakers fans will remember that Karl Malone once publicly accused Vanessa of interfering with his personal life in a similar fashion.

Whatever was happening, Bryant and Gasol haven't connected on the court in a month, and the Lakers have been lost without the strength of their fusion.
    I heard about this rumor on the day before game 4 and thought it was just a joke. I heard it again today on ESPN 710. I guess there is something about it that is true. Not only does it involve getting dump by his gf...but something about Kobe's wife. This is not going to go well in the days to come later. It's like the beginning sign of a Shaq and Kobe feud swept under the rug in 2003-2004. It will not heal anytime soon. It will continue onto next season...keeping Pau will just be wasted time, money, and season. We know what happen during those year...no championship...no productivity. Given that, Lakers should TRY to trade Pau for Dwight or CP3. Pau is a borderline tough guy. I think he's the type of guy that play just enough to win a few rings and quit later on. Pau has been great for the Lakers, but he won't get tougher as he age and become more mature. I'm pretty sure he's complacent of winning just 1 or 2 rings.

Why is Dwight good for Lakers? How many years has he been to playoff already yet win none? Many. So that vitaminwater boy, err... superman, must be pretty desperately hungry to play for a championship. With Kobe's help and one more superstar (CP3 or DWill), Lakers will have real big 3 to counter vaporize out the Heat into steam. We need to infuse some hungry energy into this team that is already bloated, spoiled, and tired team to renew and revitalize the team back on track again.

Magic said they have too much distraction so they lost focus. Lamar-reality show, Artest-rap/crazy schedules, Fisher-cba stuff, Pau-gf stuff...and? They are all bloated with feeling they can turn on/off whenever they can. Unfortunately, they could not and fell flat. 1st biggest lost in Lakers history is by this current core. 2nd biggest lost is also them. They gave up too fast. They turn off too easy. It needs to be changed or it will just get worse next year. They don't have the kick to overcome that activation energy. We need desperate superstars to be the catalyst to overcome that point.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 05-10-2011 at 09:25 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

They will grow with the pain and humiliation of this loss... The organization will make the proper adjustments and the Lakers will be playing in June next season... book it!

As for speculation about Pau, I think it is highly unfair of us as Laker fans to scrutinize this based on rumor and innuendo. Go read Pau's exit interview for more about the situation, but again, I think it unfair to jump to conclusions as many have done here.

I know... Sorry Pau, it's just business. Whether it is true or not, personally, I still prefer nucleus around this:

CP3 or DWill (new hungry engergy)
    Kobe
    Dwight (new hungry energy)

over

Pau (will continually have 'soft' issues in the media as he age)
    Kobe
    Bynum (he always rolled his eyes and looked sleepy...like he just working but not really into it)

If we still have LO and Artest, then even better. If not, I think somehow Lakers can manage. Just look at Heat...if they can...Lakers can and should be able to do it too.

This is the ultimate

CP3 or DWill
    Kobe
    Ariza
    Dwight
    Lamar

For bench: Jason Kapono will be free agent this summer, maybe we can pick him up for cheap? Maybe AI if he wants to play for veteran minimum? At least he can knock down shots for the bench? He's hungry too. We definitely need some speed in there.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 05-10-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    3. Put Bynum in bubble wrap until January.
    4. ban the Chloe and Lamar camera mean in Staples and Laker practice facilities.
    Why put up with Bynum for injury worry every year? Just go with Dwight. He got vitaminwater in him - more reliable than one without it.

Yes to ban on reality camera on Laker practice. I'm really concern with it. It is a potential risk for Lamar in the seasons to come. Have any of you guys watch Lamar and Khloe show? Khloe seems like a very b1tchy person. Their show seems a little boring. I'm afraid they might may try to craft up some drama to increase rating. B1tchy person can take it the wrong way and get to split up...if that happens, even more distraction to Lamar and the team and distruption to the championship journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    LOL no....we need penetration and Athletic players on the roster....we have 0 penetration right now and no outside shooting...

Kobe is the only player who goes in and who shoots the ball well from outside...

in today's Athletic league I think having twin towers is useless cause the game is becoming so faster...
    It's not useless when you have that penetration. Imagine having D rose on the Lakers and being able to dump it off to 2 very skilled 7 footers... Plus outside shooting... yea that'd be deadly. You hit it on the head tho, we have 0 penetration outside of occasional stints by Kobe, but that's it, and that's not enough.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    It's not useless when you have that penetration. Imagine having D rose on the Lakers and being able to dump it off to 2 very skilled 7 footers... Plus outside shooting... yea that'd be deadly. You hit it on the head tho, we have 0 penetration outside of occasional stints by Kobe, but that's it, and that's not enough.
    how much more money do you wana spend on this roster...

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

I personally don't mind keeping this team together and simply sign a PG and a shooter. Has Gasol didn't have personal issues, we probably would have still won despite those other glaring weaknesses; would have been at the least 2-2.

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    Why put up with Bynum for injury worry every year? Just go with Dwight. He got vitaminwater in him - more reliable than one without it.

Yes to ban on reality camera on Laker practice. I'm really concern with it. It is a potential risk for Lamar in the seasons to come. Have any of you guys watch Lamar and Khloe show? Khloe seems like a very b1tchy person. Their show seems a little boring. I'm afraid they might may try to craft up some drama to increase rating. B1tchy person can take it the wrong way and get to split up...if that happens, even more distraction to Lamar and the team and distruption to the championship journey.
    For the first part, Magic won't just trade Dwight. He would have to go to Otis Smith and tell Smith that he has no intention of re-signing with them and provide a list of teams he wouldn't mind getting traded to. If he does that, only then could we get him.

The only other thing that can happen is if Dwight doesn't sign an extension and lets it linger on into January like Carmelo. You KNOW the Magic organization would freak out and trade Dwight before he walks for nothing like Shaq. Then the question would be: should the Lakers trade Gasol or Bynum in the middle of a season?

What if we have a top 3 record in the west halfway into next season? Should we go into the playoffs expecting the Lakers to do much better than this season? Lakers had a top 2 seed in the West in January this season and were close to pushing for the Spurs #1 seed in April. Look at how the playoffs went after such a very good regular season. Or should the Lakers trade Bynum for Dwight when the offer comes through halfway into next season??

For second part.. Honestly, Lamar rushed into it. I heard they are dating.. like 3-4 months later, i hear they are getting married. ???????????
    Last edited by bladefd; 05-11-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    I personally don't mind keeping this team together and simply sign a PG and a shooter. Has Gasol didn't have personal issues, we probably would have still won despite those other glaring weaknesses; would have been at the least 2-2.
    Like who?

Some Unrestricted-FA PGs and shooters:
    Delonte West
    Acie Law
    J.R. Smith - I know some people don't like him, but I think he is a bit underrated when it comes to playing within a system. Streaky shooter but when he is on, he is great. I think his defense is also a bit underrated, kinda like Pau's defense was a bit underrated at times last couple seasons.
    Ronnie Price - bit risky but he has lots of potential
    Anthony Parker
    Peja Stojakovic
    Michael Redd - may be able to get him cheap since he is coming off a major injury. Gambling but if he plays well, he is VERY good.
    Jason Kapono
    Grant Hill - he would be great as the 6th man off the bench if we have to trade 2 guys from Pau/Bynum/Odom duo for somebody like Dwight or CP3.
    Last edited by bladefd; 05-11-2011 at 02:37 PM.

NBA lottery pick

I wouldn't be comfortable seeing the same roster next year. This team didn't have the depth on the perimeter, got killed inside (thanks to Pau), and really needs a PG.

Fish didn't have much left in the tank last year. This year was even worse. So many teams have good or very good PG's it's just a huge weakness at this point. The only way to get something decent will be to make a trade. Here's where the Lakers are different from other teams. They have a lot of money tied up into big guys. They have three starting caliber big men in Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. Other teams spend money on their starting 5 and then look to the bench. The Lakers need to move a big man for a PG. I know trading big for small typically isn't the best so I think we might have to move Odom. He's the guy who's the most expendable.

If we're talking about getting Howard then Bynum would need to be involved in the deal. I think giving them a package of Odom and Bynum is a bit crazy. Bynum + some fillers is definitely a win-win for both teams. Nobody can offer a big man as talented as Bynum to them. He's a better trading chip than what any other team could put together. The Nets might try to include Brooke Lopez but honestly who would you rather have? Plus trading a player like that it seems like they'd want to send him West anyway rather than making the East even that much harder. I think it may need to be a 3 team deal potentially. I do think the Lakers will look into this too.

I think the Hornets are in a tough spot too. West will probably try to leave this year. I think Paul will want to as well. They aren't going to win a championship there. Right now that list these all-stars want to go to consists of NY, NJ, and LA. They know these are the teams that can make moves. CP3 will get traded next year. I think the Lakers really need to look into that deal too.

I also think a guy like Tayshaun Prince is worth looking into. It would need to be a sign & trade but I think sending Odom would get that done. Tay's every bit as versatile, plays better D, and is a guy who wouldn't need the spotlight. I think he might end up in Detroit still though.

At this point I'd rather have all the money in the starting 5 and just have guys on the bench signed to the MLE (and that is based on if the CBA stays similiar).