Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Mark Jackson rantings topic continued.....

...from the NBa forum...

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthr...=345813&page=4

since some of you seemed deep into it and may wish to continue....do so here since its not the least bit NBA related now....
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 07-07-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Default Re: Mark Jackson rantings topic continued.....

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Islam itself is the Quran. Everything about Islam is in it. The Quran doesnt encourage explosions, killings of young girls... No verse encourage those things. You cant blame Islam for the all the killings. The problem isnt the religion. The problem is in the people doing it.

Those few Muslims who kill people arent real Muslims because they dont follow what the Quran says. In order to be a Muslim you have to follow the Quran. Quran is against killing innocent people. Those people who kill innoncent young girls cant be considered Muslims. They are just bad human beings using religion to justify their bad intentions, to feel better.
    No but of-course you can kill infidels, adulterers, chop of the hands of thief's...

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

First quote that I remembered. If as you say The Quaran is Allah surely this is still the case? How 'bout;

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I wish more people would read the books outside their own faith. Not because I generally find those books to be a good thing(given time...they will destroy humanity)...but if you are the type to need that sort of thing in your life...might as well see all the sides.

I have a book of mormon around here somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I wish more people would read the books outside their own faith. Not because I generally find those books to be a good thing(given time...they will destroy humanity)...but if you are the type to need that sort of thing in your life...might as well see all the sides.

I have a book of mormon around here somewhere....
    Totally agree, too many see that as disassociating (at-least those I speak to) from their belief when in truth it is a simple case of educating. Most religious people never look outside their faith (as is taught) just like few Atheist look into faith to fully understand it.

He reminds me of Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Yeah you may want to check who is doing the most in your local community for those in need at the moment, while living peaceful and helpful lives.
    that's a misconception, your country just happens to have a majority of christians, hence building a feeling of community that makes them do great things, be nicer, and more charitable while the atheists are left out and are seen as mean, but in other places like scandinavia, the atheists happen to be the majority, building communities that do the same great things as the christians do in your country while the religious people are left out. humans are social beings, and we are happier, and better, when connected to others.

religion might make you happier to be part of a community and, therefore, more generous to the other members of that community, but belonging to a religious group (or any other group) can lead to indifference or worse toward those outside of that group, like you demonstrate in your post

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

religion....lol

Quote Originally Posted by robert de niro
    that's a misconception, your country just happens to have a majority of christians, hence building a feeling of community that makes them do great things, be nicer, and more charitable while the atheists are left out and are seen as mean, but in other places like scandinavia, the atheists happen to be the majority, building communities that do the same great things as the christians do in your country while the religious people are left out. humans are social beings, and we are happier, and better, when connected to others.

religion might make you happier to be part of a community and, therefore, more generous to the other members of that community, but belonging to a religious group (or any other group) can lead to indifference or worse toward those outside of that group, like you demonstrate in your post
    This x10. There is nothing good a religious person can do that an non-religious person can't. As for evil things religion does and can only be justified by religion you see the stupidity of those claiming religion makes us do good things and gives us morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    There is nothing good a religious person can do that an non-religious person can't. As for evil things religion does and can only be justified by religion you see the stupidity of those claiming religion makes us do good things and gives us morality.
    One thing I will say about this..

If somebody is good simply because they fear god punishing them, are they really good people to begin with? They are being good not out of principle/chivalry/nature/etc but because they're scared of being punished by god.

I am an agnostic myself, but I believe it is within my principle to be friendly to other people, courteous, virtuous, giving, etc out of principle. It's not because I fear some guy with long beard up there sitting on a throne. I do it because that was the way I was raised and grew up to be. I will follow my principles of being good to people unless if they intentionally hurt me, my family, friends, or my fellow neighbors on Earth.

I will believe in these principles to the day I die. If I'm to be damned for not believing in god then I shall be damned by being good to other people, animals, etc. If I will be damned for that for being a 'non-believer' by god then that is not a god I would want to have faith in to begin with.

That's the thing I try to tell people that say that religion is what makes us good. I don't have to be religious to be good or to live a life worth living for the betterment of society.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Does anyone know if you can serve two masters?
    Jesus and God.

Oh Mark Jackson, you gone batshit insane. Hitting the streets and repeating phrases like a lazy mainstream pop song.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Does anyone know if you can serve two masters?
    Part time butlers working in multiple different households?

He clearly means God is represented in Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Oh Mark Jackson, you gone batshit insane. Hitting the streets and repeating phrases like a lazy mainstream pop song.
    What's wrong with him getting the word out man?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    He clearly means God is represented in Jesus.
    So can I serve two masters or not????

Jesus Christ somebody clear this up for me