Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

Default Re: Official 2015-2016 Power Rankings Thread

Week 16 Power Rankings

1. D.R.A.K.E. – Winner of 3 in a row, 5 of last 6, got off to a quick start this season and has never looked back. In control and looking strong to grab a first round bye in the playoffs. Will be interesting to see how trade for Jimmy Butler will ultimately impact the finish to the regular season and playoffs, a calculated risk that could potentially pay off with a 4th title.

2. Big Poppa PUMPIN – Ole Big Poppa has been sitting in the 1st or 2nd slot all season long and has been relatively consistent. Despite that, I can’t shake the feeling this team has stagnated a bit, 3-3 over the last 6 weeks and the overwhelming production that was apparent early in the season has fallen off lately. The unfortunate injury to Brandon Knight no doubt stings and the return of Nicolas Batum should be a big coup for this team as he provides 9 cat production. However, I’d like to see more production from his back end of Joe Johnson, PJ Tucker, Tristan Thompson, Taj Gibson, Ian Mahinmi, and Cody Zeller. In theory, there should be some respectable depth there but my concern is that’s nearly half a roster that can disappear at any moment. Deron Williams returning to form down the stretch would be a big help.

3. Dream Team 3 – 2-2 over the last month after rattling off an impressive winning streak. You cannot deny the top end talent on the roster but the same issue continues to persist year after year, an inability or lack of understanding of how to build and manage a fantasy basketball team. This is a collection of misfit toys. Despite that, when you have this much top end talent, there is always the chance it overcomes any deficiencies of its manager. FREE and easy solution: Pick whether you want to back your FT horses or not, pairing some of the best FT shooters in fantasy with DeAndre Jordan is Matt Millen level management, figure it out.

4. Iamgine – Winner of 7 of his last 10 weeks despite two close losses in a row, a bit under the radar this year due to a bit of a struggle to implement his typical overpowering 3 point shot loaded team. The switch in real life basketball towards 3 point shots has rendered his traditional build less unique and prohibited him from hoarding all the elite 3 point shooters. In future years, he will need to adjust to that changing dynamic. For now, Steph Curry is as good as ever, and despite lacking dominance, iamgine is well positioned to defend his championship crown. Demar DeRozan has been a revelation and a potential trade in Atlanta may free Dennis Scroder to put iamgine over the top.

5. Overdosed Redux – I’ve been feeling it for a while and I’m calling it now, this team makes the playoffs. Winner of 5 in a row and 6 of his last 7 (only loss in a razor thin matchup vs #1 team), the adjustments came when they were needed most. Currently sitting 5.5 games out of 6th with only 4 weeks left, the margin of error is quite literally zero but there is a lot to like about this race to the finish. The schedule is relatively cake and Overdosed Redux has transformed into a nightmare matchup for virtually the entire league. The roster is deep and talented and Overdosed Redux has done well to add some key complimentary pieces to his core of Cousins and Drummond. He can’t afford any slip up but the desperation in management over the last 2 weeks gives me confidence in calling this team a playoff LOCK.

6. Keyser Soze Reborn – A team that has never truly kicked it into high gear this year but in a slightly odd year, that may be enough to sneak into the playoffs as a 5 or 6 seed. Took home a huge, impressive win over the defending champion this week, but, the injury bug seems to follow him like I Serve the BAZE and any major time absence from Kevin Love and Ish Smith may be too much to overcome. I love this roster though – Love, Bosh, Whiteside, Aldridge in the middle, with Lillard, ISH, CJ Miles, and JR Smith complimenting in the back court is a formidable task for any potential opponent. Currently sitting 1 game ahead of 7th place, Keyser Soze Reborn is going to have to perform. I love the talent but Week 18 and 19 vs D.R.A.K.E. and Big Poppa PUMPIN is a punishing finish when many of the teams he will be racing have cupcake matchups, the next two weeks are absolutely crucial which makes the timing of recent injury woes even more punishing.

7. I Serve the BAZE – I have no feel for this roster. I Serve the BAZE has definitely had some hard injury luck down the stretch but has done a respectable job in turning it around. On the surface, this team isn’t a true title contender and would seem like a team primed for a slide out of the playoffs. However, it produced a very quality 6-3 win this week and sits 3.5 games up on 7th place. The downside to this scenario is the remaining schedule, you could make a quality argument I Serve the BAZE is running the murderer’s row to finish the season with the best 4 teams in the league left to play. It is going to be incredibly difficult to tread water but there is enough talent on this roster to hold on.
    Last edited by Pistol Pete; 02-07-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Who Dat? Geaux Saints! Pistol Pete's Avatar

8. GUWOP

Pr?????????????????

Week 17 Power Rankings

1. [COLOR="Green"](+1)[/COLOR] D.R.A.K.E. 13-3: Just keeps on winning. Has now won 4 straight and reclaimed his spot on the top. Schedule has been rather easy though and hasn't received any challenging opponent. That changes this week however in a prime matchup vs. the defending champion.

2. [COLOR="Red"](-1)[/COLOR] Dream Team 3 11-5: Bounced back from the big upset loss with a very dominating 7-2 victory. Just dominated the entire week. It's officially the Dream Team 4 era and this team looks better than ever. Manager claims to have the greatest team in premier league history.

3. () Big Poppa PUMPIN 12-4: Ok seems to be getting over his slump with back to back wins the past 2 weeks. He has won 4 out of his last 5 weeks definately a big positive sign. Still, the recent loss of Marc Gasol must hurt. Has to continue to fight on as he has a bye week on lock and remains one of the best teams in the league.

4. [COLOR="Green"](+2)[/COLOR] Overdosed Redux 8-7: You have to give credit where it's due, that's 6 straight wins. Just 1 win away from tying the longest streak this season. Not many teams have made it 6 weeks in a row. This team is definately a contender type of team but his biggest obstacle will be making playoffs as he is still haunted by early season struggles.

5. () Iamgine 10-5: Defending champion bounces back after losing back to back weeks against some pretty terrible teams. However, even his bounceback was against one of the worst teams. This is the week he really needs to prove he is still a contender, at least put up a fight. The challenge is tough however facing the #1 ranked team.

6. [COLOR="Green"](+5)[/COLOR] GUWOP 8-8: Welcome back to .500. It was a nasty 5 game slide but looks like he is back. The AD & Kawhi combination is one of, if not the best duo in the league. He has won 2 weeks in a row and looks in prime shape to make a case for being a playoff team again. Faces big playoff seed test next week.

7. [COLOR="Red"](-3)[/COLOR] YoungThugs *RIPteam* 8-7: He was once #1, now seems so helpless. Went through a rough part of his schedule and lost 4 in a row. In fact, has lost every week since being called the #1 team. It's kind of unfortunate. But finally his schedule gets easier and he may make a run and start winning again.

8. [COLOR="Red"](-1)[/COLOR] I SERVE THE BASE 8-8: Didn't really stand much of a chance but kind of provided a fight against the #1 ranked team in the league. Nontheless, his 2 game win streak ended. But there is more bad news, has the toughest remaining scheduel in the league amongst the teams fighting for the playoffs facing 2/3/4 ranked teams.

9. [COLOR="Red"](-1)[/COLOR] DETROIT VS EVERYBODY 8-8: After a very very impressive win 2 weeks agao, couldn't quite run the same magic this week though came kind of close to a win. If he wants to make playoffs, the time to shine is now, has a big test against GUWOP this week that may make or break his playoff hopes.

10. [COLOR="Red"](-1)[/COLOR] [B]Keyser S

Week 18 Power Rankings

1. [COLOR="Green"](+1)[/COLOR] Dream Team 4 12-5: The new era of Dream Team 4 has started well. Back to back wins. Needed about half his roster to take care of his opponent this week, which though is the worst team in the league. Nonetheless, impressive feat. Faces more of a "real" test this week.

2. [COLOR="Red"](-1)[/COLOR] D.R.A.K.E. 13-4: For the 2nd time this year, couldn't hold the #1 spot for more than a week. Similar story, Galliniri gets hurt, and things fall apart fast for this team. It was really a managing choke job as he forgot to edit his lineup on Monday which ulatimely cost him the week. Nonetheless, he went up against a GOAT performance from Steph Curry. Still a Top 2 team.

3. [COLOR="Green"](+1)[/COLOR] Overdosed Redux 9-7: 7 straight wins? That ties the longest win streak this season. Quite a worthy feat and an unbelievable turnaround. His team is actually talented and when you face it, you don't look at the standings, you look at his #3 ranking and his recent results.

4. [COLOR="Green"](+1)[/COLOR] Iamgine 11-5: One word, wow. Steph Curry has the week of his lifetime in doing just enough to lift Imagine over the previous #1 ranked team. Though it was 6-3, it was a lot closer than expected, and you can thank Curry for playing out of his mind. Has another tough matchup this week, can't count on Curry going crazy every week.

5. [COLOR="Red"](-2)[/COLOR] Big Poppa PUMPIN 12-5: This was simply embarassing. Losing this badly to a mid-level team was shocking to say the least. I think you have to admit that his team isn't the same without Gasol and Knight. Gasol is done, but he desperately needs Knight back to be an opponent worth a thought.

6. () GUWOP 9-8: The Kawahi-AD combination is very alive. Teams are struggling to provide answers for it while GUWOP has won 3 in a row with all the matchups not really close. Look out. He finishes the year with the softest schedule and should be red hot headed into the playoffs.

7. [COLOR="Green"](+1)[/COLOR] I SERVE THE BASE 9-8: Wow what a performance. Completely dominated one of the top teams in a huge 8-1 win. That was his answer to all the haters saying he would miss playoffs due to toughest schedule, takes a 8-1 dump. Nonetheless, things won't be easy finishing season. Faces #1 and #3 team last 2 weeks, a win or even keeping it close both weeks and he is in playoffs.

8. [COLOR="Red"](-1)[/COLOR] YoungThugs *RIPteam* 9-7: Finally ended his 4 game losing streak, though it was just a little 5-4 win against one of the littlest teams. Nonetheless, remaining schedule is one of the easiest in the league. A few more wins vs. terrible teams and he has a great shot at playoffs.

9. [COLOR="Green"](+1)[/COLOR] [B]Keyser S

#RIPSLEEP to the integrity of the Power Rankings.

I do appreciate the effort but more computer, less Glove. #RE2PECT

Week 19 Power Rankings

1. () Dream Team 4 12-6: I mean let's just be honest, there is Dream Team 4 and then there is everyone else.

2. () D.R.A.K.E. 14-4: Got back in the winning track. It wasn't a pretty win, but considering how badly he was hurting, a pretty nice win. Will most likely finish the season #1 in the standings. Jimmy Butler returning should more than make up for Galliniri getting hurt.

3. () Overdosed Redux 10-7: 8 straight wins. That's like 2 months of winning. Quite a spectacular feat. I believe it is the record for most wins in a row in a season. However, tragic part is he most likely still misses the playoffs. Goes to show, how you start is very important.

4. [COLOR="Green"](+1)[/COLOR] Big Poppa PUMPIN 13-5: Honestly, that was just domination. In a must-win prove something week, he did just that blowing out #4 defending champion iamgine. This one was over pretty quickly honestly, never close entire week. Let's just say, this is still a team to watch out for.

5. [COLOR="Red"](-1)[/COLOR] Iamgine 11-6: Honestly, last week was embarrassing but let's give this manager the benefit of the doubt, after all he was defending champion. Manager has said he's in cruise-mode, so lets just pretend like this week never really happened.

6. () GUWOP 10-8: Continues to look like one of the hottest teams entering the playoffs. The Kawahi - AD duo is as good as it gets. He's won 4 straight, and none of the matchups were particularly close winning 6-3 or better each of those weeks. Needs 1 more strong week to hold onto last playoff spot.

7. () I SERVE THE BASE 10-8: Man talk about an impressive win last week. Really has earned his playoff spot you can say at this point. Has won 4 out of the last 5 and it has come against pretty impressive opponents. 1 last week needs to do well enough and he will be in the playoffs.

8. () YoungThugs *RIPteam* 10-7: Is doing everything he can to get into the playoffs. Once a top team, now he struggles his way fighting for the playoffs. He is getting wins, but it might be a little too late and 5-4 wins are just not cutting it really. Needs miracle to make playoffs.

9. () [B]Keyser S

[QUOTE=GP_20]
    Week 19 Power Rankings

1. () Dream Team 4 12-6: I mean let's just be honest, there is Dream Team 4 and then there is everyone else.

2. () D.R.A.K.E. 14-4: Got back in the winning track. It wasn't a pretty win, but considering how badly he was hurting, a pretty nice win. Will most likely finish the season #1 in the standings. Jimmy Butler returning should more than make up for Galliniri getting hurt.

3. () Overdosed Redux 10-7: 8 straight wins. That's like 2 months of winning. Quite a spectacular feat. I believe it is the record for most wins in a row in a season. However, tragic part is he most likely still misses the playoffs. Goes to show, how you start is very important.

4. [COLOR="Green"](+1)[/COLOR] Big Poppa PUMPIN 13-5: Honestly, that was just domination. In a must-win prove something week, he did just that blowing out #4 defending champion iamgine. This one was over pretty quickly honestly, never close entire week. Let's just say, this is still a team to watch out for.

5. [COLOR="Red"](-1)[/COLOR] Iamgine 11-6: Honestly, last week was embarrassing but let's give this manager the benefit of the doubt, after all he was defending champion. Manager has said he's in cruise-mode, so lets just pretend like this week never really happened.

6. () GUWOP 10-8: Continues to look like one of the hottest teams entering the playoffs. The Kawahi - AD duo is as good as it gets. He's won 4 straight, and none of the matchups were particularly close winning 6-3 or better each of those weeks. Needs 1 more strong week to hold onto last playoff spot.

7. () I SERVE THE BASE 10-8: Man talk about an impressive win last week. Really has earned his playoff spot you can say at this point. Has won 4 out of the last 5 and it has come against pretty impressive opponents. 1 last week needs to do well enough and he will be in the playoffs.

8. () YoungThugs *RIPteam* 10-7: Is doing everything he can to get into the playoffs. Once a top team, now he struggles his way fighting for the playoffs. He is getting wins, but it might be a little too late and 5-4 wins are just not cutting it really. Needs miracle to make playoffs.

9. () [B]Keyser S