Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Also, how good are the Star Wars: Force Unleashed games? I've wanted to play those for a while.
    1st one was pretty good. Second one was kinda mediocre, but still an okay game.

I think I'll play the Mass Effect series next. I've never touched a single Mass Effect game so I think I'll probably pick up the original after work on Monday.
    Ah, the first one might still be my favorite one. It's a really weird series quality wise, every installment gets different things right and wrong. The first one is the most atmospheric and has the strongest story, but the combat is an acquired taste.

Yeah, I remember some friend complaining about the combat when the first game came out. I can definitely live with a less than perfect combat system if the story is as good as advertised tho.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Ah, the first one might still be my favorite one. It's a really weird series quality wise, every installment gets different things right and wrong. The first one is the most atmospheric and has the strongest story, but the combat is an acquired taste.
    I agree 100%. The first one had such an amazing story. Better than 2 and 3.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the first one a lot. It felt the most "Star Trekish" to me as far as atmosphere. The second one I thought relied too heavily on action and cover. There were already plenty of games like that out at the time it released. ME2 also didn't expand on its RPG roots enough to feel like an actual sequel. Haven't played ME3 yet, so I won't judge the things people didn't like about it. It'll be cheap soon enough.

Just bought Force Unleashed and LA Noir.

Just bought Force Unleashed and LA Noir.
    L.A Noire is really ****ing good. One of my favorite games on the 360.

Loving Noir so far. Respect for having Ken Kosgrove from Mad Men as the lead.

Just realized one of my economics professors co-founded Paragon Software which later became Take-Two Interactive.

Dude must be filthy rich.

National High School Star

Waiting patiently for my misses to stop watching tv so I can play Max Payne 3 -.-

Force Unleashed is pretty good. Combat is entertaining although it can be frustrating sometimes but the fact that it is a game where I get to be a Jedi/Sith for the entire thing has me pretty geeked.

Banned

Force Unleashed is pretty good. Combat is entertaining although it can be frustrating sometimes but the fact that it is a game where I get to be a Jedi/Sith for the entire thing has me pretty geeked.
    it's really fun using the powers and being a badass for the first hour or so, but it gets old quick.

I've only played it for like an hour lol but yeah I can definitely see how it will probably get kind of boring. I wish there was some stealth elements in the game and that it wasn't so linear. It'd be nice to have some freedom to do more than just kill shit and keep moving forward.

I really like the realism in LA Noire and the story seems very strong so far. I only played for an hour or two and I'm only a traffic detective still but I can tell I'll like it a lot.

LA Noire is actually pretty lame now that I've had more time to play it. I didnt expect it to be so linear since it was developed by Rockstar. Its just kind of boring after playing AC for tje past month which is so open world. I just need to buy Mass Effect because I think thats the only game Ill really get into.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Picked up Cthulhu Saves the World a week ago, and it's great. The script was superior to Grotesque Tactics, and the game itself wasn't as buggy. I'll jump into Breath of Death this weekend.

@jb7: If you haven't already, pick up Bioshock. A major criticism of the game was being too short. I'm in the minority on this, but that's why I preferred it to ME. Drawing a comparison to television shows, Mass Effect is a lot like Arrested Development in the sense that both require an unconventionally larger time commitment to have a full appreciation of the story and characters. Bioshock, on the other hand, has a much quicker pace to the game(action and story) while I felt like ME carried a lot of filler and took a while to really get going.