Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Default Re: Who's better?: Nets vs Clipper?

Quote Originally Posted by bd#1pguard
    i am so confident that he becomes a starter by the end of the season, that I will take an avy bet for a month each for everyone who wants to take it, that even without injuries he will become a starter by seasons end
    Well, my avy is tied up for a month after the season (potentially) otherwise I would think about it.

IF he does end up starting (and it's not because of injuries) that means he's rebounding and playing D.. I hope it happens.

Dunking on everybody in the park bd#1pguard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Well, my avy is tied up for a month after the season (potentially) otherwise I would think about it.

IF he does end up starting (and it's not because of injuries) that means he's rebounding and playing D.. I hope it happens.
    me too. end of convo. just wanted to make sure he wasnt forgotten about. mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Me too.. but I think we can survive without him at the same time. Blatche has been playing very well in training camp supposedly, so between him, Hump, Evans and Teletovic I think they can man the fort OK. Though I still wish we also signed Darko or Harrelson.

Granted we lose any hope of real success w/o Lopez, but unlike last season we could at least stay in the playoffs.
    Agreed. I would feel much better if we signed a traditional big man. I didn't like the thought of playing Dray and Evans as back ups to Brook but it is what it is I suppose. Hopefully Blatche turns into our new Gerald Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    2nd round exit at worst, pretty good shot for WCF for the Clippers. 45-50 wins would give the Nets a top 3 turnaround in win differential in NBA history last I checked along with Kidd's Nets and Nash's Suns. Bottom line is... winning 40 (which is playoffs in east usually) would be a great improvement for the Nets. Lopez and Humphries don't seem to have good synergy at all and we have to see if Joe bounces back because he's been a no show when it counts the last few seasons.
    Holy delusional, Batman! I guess I see things more realistic. Clippers arent getting past the second round, at best. Championship comes out of the Eastern Conference once again. OKC, SAS or Lakers in WCF.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Nets are being over hyped to heck..I guess they have to sell tickets. A new look franchise. Get the hype machine going. They will be better than last season, but please they won't be competition to the Heat, Bulls (healthy), Celtics, and other better Eastern Teams. So comparing them to one of the better Western teams is kind of insulting to the Western Conference and the Clippers. The Nets should have a nice team and if they draft well and get good players to go there they could have a good future.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Was reading the interesting thread and a few points to make.

1. Lopez definitely won't get traded because his contract has a trade kicker included. Meaning if Lopez gets traded, the team that gets him gives him 15% of his salary up front. This was a way to persuade Lopez to not sign Portlands or Charlottes offer sheet. We basically assured him that he will be a Net for years to come.

2. For those that say the Nets are virtually the same, leave the board because you're clearly not a knowledgable fan. The Nets had a demotivated Deron Williams with Humphries and MarShon Brooks as his only supporting cast. Now they have a super motivated Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace for a full season, Humphries, and hopefully a healthy Brook Lopez. This an entirely new starting lineup. Their bench is vastly improved as well. Last year we only had MarShon and Morrow. This year we have Brooks, Watson, Mirza ( who will put 6-8 PPG ON 45+% ), Keith Bogans ( who had a DPOY vote in 2011) Blatche and Childress. The Nets have more new players then returning players.

I wasn't fully aware that the Nets were 3-1 against the Clippers last year. Same thing should happen this year.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Was reading the interesting thread and a few points to make.

1. Lopez definitely won't get traded because his contract has a trade kicker included. Meaning if Lopez gets traded, the team that gets him gives him 15% of his salary up front. This was a way to persuade Lopez to not sign Portlands or Charlottes offer sheet. We basically assured him that he will be a Net for years to come.

2. For those that say the Nets are virtually the same, leave the board because you're clearly not a knowledgable fan. The Nets had a demotivated Deron Williams with Humphries and MarShon Brooks as his only supporting cast. Now they have a super motivated Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace for a full season, Humphries, and hopefully a healthy Brook Lopez. This an entirely new starting lineup. Their bench is vastly improved as well. Last year we only had MarShon and Morrow. This year we have Brooks, Watson, Mirza ( who will put 6-8 PPG ON 45+% ), Keith Bogans ( who had a DPOY vote in 2011) Blatche and Childress. The Nets have more new players then returning players.

I wasn't fully aware that the Nets were 3-1 against the Clippers last year. Same thing should happen this year.
    Yes and the Clippers will finish with a better record and deeper playoff run and you can celebrate a 2-0 series win if you want. It was 4-1 over two seasons, including one loss in 2011 where Clippers had lead with 30 seconds and Farmer hit huge 3. The other loss was when the Clippers had no Baron or Eric Gordon. Enjoy them though .

Love the nets and don't think they are over hyped at all. But I think the clippers will be better more chemistry and deep deep team.

Yes and the Clippers will finish with a better record and deeper playoff run and you can celebrate a 2-0 series win if you want. It was 4-1 over two seasons, including one loss in 2011 where Clippers had lead with 30 seconds and Farmer hit huge 3. The other loss was when the Clippers had no Baron or Eric Gordon. Enjoy them though .
    I'm going to the game in November between the Clippers and the Nets. Wanna make a avatar bet for that game? Loser wears the avy for a month?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    I'm going to the game in November between the Clippers and the Nets. Wanna make a avatar bet for that game? Loser wears the avy for a month?
    Why would I bet a 1 month avy over a single game . Clippers will go deeper in the playoffs and finish with a better record, that's all I care about.

Why would I bet a 1 month avy over a single game . Clippers will go deeper in the playoffs and finish with a better record, that's all I care about.
    Okay 3 weeks then.
    I don't know just for fun its just an avatar bet. We used to do it for single games all the time.

Very good NBA starter

Clippers win this. As overrated as Blake Griffin there's quite a large gap between him and the Nets 2nd best player.

Everyone knows I like D-Will more than CP3, but this question is a joke. Even if you take Deron over Chris, you can't take the rest of the Nets over the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Everyone knows I like D-Will more than CP3, but this question is a joke. Even if you take Deron over Chris, you can't take the rest of the Nets over the Clippers.
    I didn't know this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I didn't know this.