Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Would You Ever Make A Move?

Quote Originally Posted by Shabba Ranks
    if you think like that then you have dat low self confidence
    Not really. It's about being realistic about the situation and being empathetic to someone who probably would kill to just be able to the grocery store without getting mobbed.

When i was younger on a plane flight I was sat next to an idol from Hong Kong (I got moved up to first because my seat had a battery malfunction under it). I hit on her incessantly. She was b level famous, but she was like 3 inches taller than me, hot as ****, had a agent/bodyguard sitting next to her who warned me to stay away. Got her email and she emailed me back too.

Why wouldn't you try? Your'e almost definitely going to fail but who cares...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone
    Making a move while they're signing an autograph for you? Yeah, that'll work.
    Exactly. All the slick willy bullshitters here would be screaming like 13 year old girls at a Jonas Brothers concert if they were ever within 5 feet of the girls they jerk off too. at some people here thinking they're going to try out their 'how to seduce women in 10 steps' program without their bodyguards folding them in half.

I have worked with a bunch of celebrity women guys here fawn over, even engaged in some playful flirting from time to time. But I wouldn't make a 'move' because 1) That shit is unprofessional 2) It's tacky as f*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Exactly. All the slick willy bullshitters here would be screaming like 13 year old girls at a Jonas Brothers concert if they were ever within 5 feet of the girls they jerk off too. at some people here thinking they're going to try out their 'how to seduce women in 10 steps' program without their bodyguards folding them in half.

I have worked with a bunch of celebrity women guys here fawn over, even engaged in some playful flirting from time to time. But I wouldn't make a 'move' because 1) That shit is unprofessional 2) It's tacky as f*ck.
    Nice

Of all the people you've worked with, who did you respect the most before meeting them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Of all the people you've worked with, who did you respect the most before meeting them?
    In terms of females? Hard to say (not to say I don't respect women ) but I got to know Taylor Schilling during the beginning of her first major starring role. Really cool lady, went out of her way to make me feel comfortable on set (my first project).

It was cool meeting Louis CK and seeing him work- he writes, produces, directs, and obviously stars on his show. Has a nice guerrilla filming style, only uses one cam usually handheld. I was a big fan of the show Louie and his overall work before getting to work with him.

Liam Neeson is cool as shit too (only worked stand-in on Walk Among Tombstones).

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

i'd whip it out

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59

Really? I've met my share of celebrities in my life and most are normal people that you would hit on everyday.yeah of course there are also many out there that are just plain assholes that doesn't give a shit about you and would just laugh you off, but those aren't wifey material anyway and they are more into fame and money then love. But just as many celebrities want a normal life and a normal relationship, before you say I pull shit out of my ass, I have a couple of friends that made it in Taiwan, and we still hang out and flirt around. Down to the roots they are just people, and unless fame really got into their heads, they are not that different.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    Really? I've met my share of celebrities in my life and most are normal people that you would hit on everyday.yeah of course there are also many out there that are just plain assholes that doesn't give a shit about you and would just laugh you off, but those aren't wifey material anyway and they are more into fame and money then love. But just as many celebrities want a normal life and a normal relationship, before you say I pull shit out of my ass, I have a couple of friends that made it in Taiwan, and we still hang out and flirt around. Down to the roots they are just people, and unless fame really got into their heads, they are not that different.
    If you interact with them in a normal setting, sure. If you're asking them for an autograph, they're going to see you as nothing more than a fan. That's all. Certainly not a sexual prospect.

What grown man asks for autographs for himself, really? You know that will be running through her mind.

Yea...

I can accept loosing, however i cant accept not trying - Michael Jordan

And fits it too... why not. And you do probably have to approach them with something different... they hear the typical shit all the time, so unless you look wealthy and scorching, you need to do some different shit, and be a bit lucky that thay may fall for it.

Edit: When though?? I mean, like i said, unless you look super hot and the girl is attracted to you, you literally have 0.0001% chance of getting something out of it in a public setting with people and bodyguards all over the place. and like dondadda said, its unprofessional doing that shit while working with a female... unless you feel both sides would be on to it.

Btw DonDadda, thats sick. What you working for? Im currently "schooling" (right word?) at an acting school here in germany.. bout to rock the cinemas in 2020's lol nah... its hard to make it big in hollywood when from germany... till schweiger case is rare.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 03-21-2014 at 04:11 PM.

If you interact with them in a normal setting, sure. If you're asking them for an autograph, they're going to see you as nothing more than a fan. That's all. Certainly not a sexual prospect.

What grown man asks for autographs for himself, really? You know that will be running through her mind.
    This
    Hit on them and you most likely walk away with nothing
    But rewards are big

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Yea...

I can accept loosing, however i cant accept not trying - Michael Jordan

And fits it too... why not. And you do probably have to approach them with something different... they hear the typical shit all the time, so unless you look wealthy and scorching, you need to do some different shit, and be a bit lucky that thay may fall for it.

Edit: When though?? I mean, like i said, unless you look super hot and the girl is attracted to you, you literally have 0.0001% chance of getting something out of it in a public setting with people and bodyguards all over the place. and like dondadda said, its unprofessional doing that shit while working with a female... unless you feel both sides would be on to it.

Btw DonDadda, thats sick. What you working for? Im currently "schooling" (right word?) at an acting school here in germany.. bout to rock the cinemas in 2020's lol nah... its hard to make it big in hollywood when from germany... till schweiger case is rare.
    Actually, it's exactly the same. It will be hard to succeed even with a regular chick if you were put in that scenario. Hand them a note with a funny joke or a genuine compliment with your number may work. Not will, may.
    Be genuine and keep it real, they know who they are and who you are, acting like a jackass will not help your case at all

I don't ask for autographs because I don't see the point but if I see let's say Jeniffer Lawrence, knowing she's single ( I seriously don't know nothing about her ) I would just ask her to have a cup of coffee just to see if she goes for the bait. After that though I would probably just wing it like I always do as I suck at making normal chit chat

Is that why I don't? One time I saw Shaq and a lot of people asked for his autographs but I just said hi, checked his girlfriend out (she noticed ) and then he made some casual joke about needing a hidden room for him. (I didn't get it at the time but that was because the whole floor as for his photo while I was studying). Ironically most people didn't notice he was Shaq until I was like , seeing as I am a big fan of his time on the Lakers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Nice. Good luck

And I don't have to tell you how hard it is to break into the industry. Can't imagine it being easier coming from overseas. But there have been some great work being done in the international film scene the past 15 years or so that has been better than a lot of the stuff being churned out by the Hollywood reboot/remake machine.

I actually didn't go the traditional conservatory route. I started by doing unpaid work as a go'fer on Indie projects just to learn the ropes. Got my first major speaking role when I was a non union extra on a pilot.

Right now I'm waiting to see if a pilot I worked on last year is going to be picked up and just had a callback for a co star role in the new Goosebumps movie (I use to love those books back in the day).

Keep me updated with your work/career

Hit on them and you most likely walk away with nothing
    But rewards are big
    So are the ass whoopings from their security details or sexual harassment suits

But f*ck it carpe diem... YOLO

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    I don't ask for autographs because I don't see the point but if I see let's say Jeniffer Lawrence, knowing she's single ( I seriously don't know nothing about her ) I would just ask her to have a cup of coffee just to see if she goes for the bait. After that though I would probably just wing it like I always do as I suck at making normal chit chat
    yea you suck in general

[COLOR="White"]jk i lowkey love you[/COLOR]