Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Checkmate Atheists!

Atheism is a religion. Atheists have a blind and unquestioning belief in whatever scientists tell them to believe, just as many evangelicals have blind belief in whatever their pastor tells them to believe.

Religion
    [ri-lij-uh n]
    noun
    1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
    2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
    the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Genesis "explains" the origins of the universe too. Just because you have an explanation doesn't mean it's right. Maybe there was a Big Bang, maybe there wasn't.
    Exactly. Genesis and practitioners of the teachings of kabbalah have been talking about the big bang for thousands of years before scientists finally figured it out and came to the same conclusion.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleas
    those who believe in their god they don't believe all other gods,so the atheists don't believe in 1 more god than the others
    Okay here's a mental exercise for you.

Look outside at everything in your home right now.

The couches, the computer, the television. Everything had to have a manufacturer, yes?

Now look outside at the natural world.

The grass, the mountains, the clouds, the trees etc.

Apply the same logic.

Does having zero maker make more sense than their being One Maker?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Atheism is a religion. Atheists have a blind and unquestioning belief in whatever scientists tell them to believe, just as many evangelicals have blind belief in whatever their pastor tells them to believe.
    That's not the truth. There are blind trusting atheists out there, but also those who try to find the truth themselves. The difference is that both - the blind believers of science and the researchers - demand scientific evidence(falsification/verification).

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Does having zero maker make more sense than their being One Maker?
    Yes. It does. For me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    That's not the truth. There are blind trusting atheists out there, but also those who try to find the truth themselves. The difference is that both - the blind believers of science and the researchers - demand scientific evidence(falsification/verification).
    Exactly. Athiests are just like followers of every other religion. Some seek the way for themselves. Other Atheists are happy to blindly believe what they're told to believe.

Exactly. Athiests are just like followers of every other religion. Some seek the way for themselves. Other Atheists are happy to blindly believe what they're told to believe.
    Of course. It's just another way to deal with faith and death. Every human being does that.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Myself. I don't believe there is a God. I don't believe there isn't. I don't care one way or the other. I'd like to believe there is a God, but I haven't seen any evidence of it so... I just assume its not real.
    You haven't "seen" any evidence of God?

Okay, mental experiment.

You hold down your mouse and you drag your Elite Janissaries and position them into the sides of the 4 castles to avoid flank, from this you understand there's a Commander compelling them to protect a sneak attack of Huskarls on the fortress.

Now ask yourself, Who, compels you to protect your non-related loved ones? You were nothing but a lifeless sperm clot a quarter century back, there had to have been something in your brain wiring that compelled you to have this ability. From this you understand, that as a creation, I want to defend and protect. Now you come to (begin to) realize a portion of God's attributes (Al-Muhaymin, Al-Waliyy)

Likewise, God, your Creator; has protected all of us from hundreds of diseases, hundreds of injuries, thousands of atrocities, millions of bad outcomes every single step of our lives. It's a miracle that the the 70,000,000 cells in our body die, are recreated, re-maintained, die, regrow, exchange oxygen, exchange nutrients, dispose of waste without OUR CONSCIOUS control of it.

You look at the people of the Afghanistan and you toss them Gatorade to quench their thirst. There had to have been a reason why a) you wanted to help the foreigners (who can NO have help for your evolutionary reproductive success) . You are compelled to help them.
    Thus from the creation helping all other creation it is understood that there is
    a merciful temperament within us, bestowed by One that is All-Merciful, Very-Merciful (Ar-Rahman, Ar-Rahim)

Examples of God's mercy are ALL around you. Trees stand up straight yet they are nourished by water and sunlight. The floor of the Earth is not littered with the corpses of insects, somehow someway they disappear every day. Cats and dogs (which don't really have much of an impact on a human) are being served food on a silver platter Helpless babies are being nourished by their mothers. People don't treat each other as best as possible and certainly not how they treat themselves, yet instead of hostility, they are met with pardon.

Relating to the aforementionted tossing of the Gatorade, it should be known that there is no liquid on earth that can work as well as what has been given for free; that is clean spring or well water (or if you're willing to go to Hajj, ZamZam water). Gatorade, a product of experimentation and mingling of electrolytes is used to fuel athletes. Yet it is still inferior to licking on a salt stick and drinking fresh water. And evolution does not account for our top class Olympic athletes being inferior to our ancestors. Nor our top minds being less wise than men of the past.

Then why is it that
    a) People who worked in manual labor in the Ottoman Empire were known to carry heavy stones for hours a day easily
    b) The Greeks had slaves who rowed boats for nearly 20 hours a day subsisting off bread and barley.
    c) The Egyptians and their pyramids
    d) Abraham lived much, much longer than any human being today
    e) The memory of the Arabs were retentive enough to hold hundreds of thousands of poems.
    f) The Native American warriors themselves were stronger, more conditioned, had more endurance than guys like Rich Froning.
    (Look up Chaos and Pain for)
    And many more examples

Nor does Evolution does not account for the survival of hundreds and thousands of small dogs that do not shepherd, nor hunt, nor guard yet enjoy comfy, cozy lives. They are as far away from wolves as

God's mercy and God's love are much stronger, more predominant, and accurate explanations why the world operates the way it does.

It also alludes to a natural unity and fraternity between all Mankind, be they from the rural areas of Kentucky or the deserts of Kabul. And each and every human has the same basic features, but they are different (look at people's fingerprints). If you were to, theoretically, create a collection of Ken's Dolls, each different, yet with the same basic structure, you would have to have knowledge of each previous one to make each one unique, no?

Evolution would compel one to coldly slaughter the menfolk of other tribes to ensure maximum reproductive success. Yet, you didn't kill the Afghans, did you?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

God starting the universe is a shit explanation. Who created God? There is always one step farther back that you can go with this explanation.

5-time NBA All-Star

Yes. It does. For me.

Look outside at the sky. The sun. Rivers. Mountains. Trees.

These are masterpieces that could not have been built if all of mankind worked together with the most supreme, precise technology to do so. How can the troposphere, thermosphere, exosphere, mesosphere, atmospheric layers, year after year after year, since the genesis of this Earth manage to sustain all the millions of life forms within it?

How can the Earth even be situated so perfectly that had it been (estimated a bit closer or a bit further) man would've died out from heat stroke or burning.

And they themselves don't have the intelligence to speak. You ever built a building before, Overdrive? Or marvelled at an architecture Bricks don't magically communicate with other bricks to just auto-place themselves in perfect orderly fashion. No sir. Frank Lloyd Wright planned plotted and actualized that in a most meticulous fashion.

So how could the molecules that compose a tree or a mountain just auto-arrange? They aren't even capable of moving or communicating.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 08-01-2016 at 01:38 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

These are masterpieces that could not have been built if all of mankind worked together with the most supreme, precise technology to do so. How can the troposphere, thermosphere, exosphere, mesosphere, atmospheric layers, year after year after year, since the genesis of this Earth manage to sustain all the millions of life forms within it?

How can the Earth even be situated so perfectly that had it been (estimated a bit closer or a bit further) man would've died out from heat stroke or burning.

And they themselves don't have the intelligence to speak. You ever built a building before, Overdrive? Or marvelled at an architecture Bricks don't magically communicate with other bricks to just auto-place themselves in perfect orderly fashion. No sir. Frank Lloyd Wright planned plotted and actualized that in a most meticulous fashion.

So how could the molecules that compose a tree or a mountain just auto-arrange? They aren't even capable of moving or communicating.
    I don't think you understand molecules very well

Don't try to push God on me, I won't push science on you. Fair deal?

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Atheism is actually a LACK of a belief system, so it can't be a religion in that sense. It would be like me telling you that you belong to a religion of people who don't believe in a flying spaghetti monster.

And Science isn't something based on beliefs. You don't have to "believe" in it, it's simply an observation of nature/the universe. I think of science like music theory. It's more of a way to categorize things. You don't have to "believe" in music theory, but it's there in all music whether you like it or not.

You haven't "seen" any evidence of God?

Okay, mental experiment.

You hold down your mouse and you drag your Elite Janissaries and position them into the sides of the 4 castles to avoid flank, from this you understand there's a Commander compelling them to protect a sneak attack of Huskarls on the fortress.

Now ask yourself, Who, compels you to protect your non-related loved ones? You were nothing but a lifeless sperm clot a quarter century back, there had to have been something in your brain wiring that compelled you to have this ability. From this you understand, that as a creation, I want to defend and protect. Now you come to (begin to) realize a portion of God's attributes (Al-Muhaymin, Al-Waliyy)

Likewise, God, your Creator; has protected all of us from hundreds of diseases, hundreds of injuries, thousands of atrocities, millions of bad outcomes every single step of our lives. It's a miracle that the the 70,000,000 cells in our body die, are recreated, re-maintained, die, regrow, exchange oxygen, exchange nutrients, dispose of waste without OUR CONSCIOUS control of it.

You look at the people of the Afghanistan and you toss them Gatorade to quench their thirst. There had to have been a reason why a) you wanted to help the foreigners (who can NO have help for your evolutionary reproductive success) . You are compelled to help them.
    Thus from the creation helping all other creation it is understood that there is
    a merciful temperament within us, bestowed by One that is All-Merciful, Very-Merciful (Ar-Rahman, Ar-Rahim)

Examples of God's mercy are ALL around you. Trees stand up straight yet they are nourished by water and sunlight. The floor of the Earth is not littered with the corpses of insects, somehow someway they disappear every day. Cats and dogs (which don't really have much of an impact on a human) are being served food on a silver platter Helpless babies are being nourished by their mothers. People don't treat each other as best as possible and certainly not how they treat themselves, yet instead of hostility, they are met with pardon.

Relating to the aforementionted tossing of the Gatorade, it should be known that there is no liquid on earth that can work as well as what has been given for free; that is clean spring or well water (or if you're willing to go to Hajj, ZamZam water). Gatorade, a product of experimentation and mingling of electrolytes is used to fuel athletes. Yet it is still inferior to licking on a salt stick and drinking fresh water. And evolution does not account for our top class Olympic athletes being inferior to our ancestors. Nor our top minds being less wise than men of the past.

Then why is it that
    a) People who worked in manual labor in the Ottoman Empire were known to carry heavy stones for hours a day easily
    b) The Greeks had slaves who rowed boats for nearly 20 hours a day subsisting off bread and barley.
    c) The Egyptians and their pyramids
    d) Abraham lived much, much longer than any human being today
    e) The memory of the Arabs were retentive enough to hold hundreds of thousands of poems.
    f) The Native American warriors themselves were stronger, more conditioned, had more endurance than guys like Rich Froning.
    (Look up Chaos and Pain for)
    And many more examples

Nor does Evolution does not account for the survival of hundreds and thousands of small dogs that do not shepherd, nor hunt, nor guard yet enjoy comfy, cozy lives. They are as far away from wolves as

God's mercy and God's love are much stronger, more predominant, and accurate explanations why the world operates the way it does.

It also alludes to a natural unity and fraternity between all Mankind, be they from the rural areas of Kentucky or the deserts of Kabul. And each and every human has the same basic features, but they are different (look at people's fingerprints). If you were to, theoretically, create a collection of Ken's Dolls, each different, yet with the same basic structure, you would have to have knowledge of each previous one to make each one unique, no?

Evolution would compel one to coldly slaughter the menfolk of other tribes to ensure maximum reproductive success. Yet, you didn't kill the Afghans, did you?
    Ok, first off...

I started reading this post and thought 'no he's not bringing up AOE2'.

But to answer your question...

God didn't compel me not to kill the Afghans. I didn't kill them because I didn't want to kill them. There was no higher being telling me not to. There simply was no benefit to be gained. If there was? Maybe that changes things.

I don't believe in God (the Christian version of it anyway) because:

A) Being forced to worship him or burn in an entire pit of fire doesn't seem like much of a choice...
    B) I've seen too much bad things to think there's a 'plan'. It's not a plan, it's luck. I've had EOD clear IED's out from where I had been sleeping the night before. Why didn't the IED go off while I was walking around on top of it? Was it God? Or was there some wiring flaw that caused it to malfunction?

Go watch the documentaries Restrepo or Korengal... 30 guys go on patrol, and the 8th one in line steps on a mine. God or just unlucky? 200 trucks go out in a convoy, the very last truck in the convoy is hit (wasn't a command det, it was a pressure plate)... Is that God? Or is the last truck just really ****ing unlucky to roll over it at the right place at the wrong time?

Tornadoes rip apart whole towns and some people die, some live.

Planes crash and half the people live and half of them die.

That's just called luck. I was lucky I didn't get shot because I was in the right places at the right time. Others did get shot, which could have easily been me had I been in their place, but I wasn't. God didn't save me from getting tagged hopping out of my truck... the fact my pack was strapped to the OTHER side of the truck, causing me to get out on that side, did.

It's not God. It's me being lucky up until the point where I'm not so lucky.

5-time NBA All-Star

Of course. It's just another way to deal with faith and death. Every human being does that.
    On the contrary, people of religious orientation look forward to death and are learned in utilizing the remembrance of Death as it is a helpful deadline aide to focus, zone in on that which matters most in life.

You are a child born in the, quoting Dresta here "Bastard child of Christianity" 2016 Western Secular Materialist Dogmatic World.

With thousands of years of men who wielded substantial more courage and wisdom (willing to part ways with anything to defend one's honor, as evidenced by all parts of history), you, in your slumbering youth, think you can attribute something as broad an encompassing as religious faith with a modern psychological concept. Compensation. "it's another way to "deal" with"

That's precisely what the Devil wants you to think. The Chief Deceiver. Switch the orders of things and bam, the human populace is going to stray away from God. Read up on the tricks of the devil, and begin a meditation program and right off the bat you'll learn that a sizable proportion of thoughts are just worthless junk. No SSRI or Ritalin necessary.

Meanwhile, God has always promised the Afterlife to all of mankind, and has given within mans spirit an aching yearning to live eternally.

Look back to the people who started and propagated human civilization in the first place knew very well about what was to come after.

You ever constructed a building? It takes HELLA motivation. So what force inspires the Aztecs, Mayans, and Egyptians to go ahead and make the most awesome architecture the world has ever seen? They could've sat back and enjoyed pina colada and exchanged alpaca furs, no?

They know damn well their efforts would be rewarded in the next life.

You ever reflected on yourself and read stories of young men in the past? These guys wake up at dawn, labor furiously, offer daily devotionals, and consider it an honor to go to war, to get married, to serve the community. With a smile on their face. There's clearly a different mindset between us. This is not to put you down, rather it is to say, you've been deprived of something crucial to human happiness, Faith and the sacred connection between man and God.

It is atheism that is the lie. The scourge of destruction that has destroyed and dulled the spirit that used to animate the soul of mankind. And it leaves people clinging on to the worst transient pleasures. You've got people here chasing fame. You've got the Pharmaceutical Industries and Sports Forums literally STEALING the lives of young men looking for fulfillment. You've got sad people here. People drinking themselves into a stupor. People taking on substances to feel more.. alive. And for what? The pursuit of happiness, health, fulfillment.

Things that God bestows on man for free.

5-time NBA All-Star

Don't try to push God on me, I won't push science on you. Fair deal?
    You were challenged to the argument on what makes more sense, a) A Maker or b) no maker.

Respond back with science. Go. I don't need to push anything on to you. Man is supposed to search and adopt Truth.