Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-03-2008, 09:19 AM   #91
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Default Re: Lebron and kobe on the same team

Kobe and Bron would be beautiful together. I think both players respect each other so much they would work together perfectly. This year watching Kobe he doesn't seem shot happy, just didn't trust less talented teamates. Bron is just as talented as he is and looks like he puts in the work, so I see Kobe respecting that and playing off him just like I could see Bron working off Kobe who he still calls the best player in the league. I see them as being as deadly of a combo as Jordan-Pippen.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #92
gpfanz
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Dwight and Lebron would be scary.

Iverson & Carmelo combo sounded scary too
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #93
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

are people forgetful or just spiteful? do you not recall kobe playing off the ball from 97 - 2004? do you not remember lebron being called "too unselfish" just last year? they'd be insane together. besides the fact that no team has enough swingman defenders to matchup with them, kobe's off the ball game and quick decision-making has improved lightyears since the last time he was a second option (and he would be a second option with bron), so he's not a ball-stopper who would screw up an offensive flow anymore. and lebron's court vision and passing are undervalued right now because he's got poor scorers and on his team and is leading the league in scoring. give him a fastbreak partner and a great shooter / finisher on the wing while he's attacking the heart of the defense, and look the fnck out. and the other team wouldn't get a single second of the game without one of those two on the floor, meaning you could never let your team defense relax.

obviously they would need pieces around them, and it would depend on team concept and decent coaching, but don't believe for a second that the player combo couldn't work.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #94
kgisbigticket
Banned

Wouldn't work unless Kobe accepts the 2nd option.
kgisbigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #95
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbigticket
Wouldn't work unless Kobe accepts the 2nd option.

Why? Bron calls Kobe the best player in the league. I could see him tryign to step back for Kobe, even if he may be playing a little better because I see that more in his personality that Kobe's.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #96
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Could be dangerous.

Kobe would have to willing to be the 2nd option, because LBJ has to dominate the ball more to be effective.

If Kobe could swallow his pride this duo would be fabulous.

Please note I'm not saying LBJ is better than Kobe. I'm just saying if this duo is going to work Kobe is going to have to be comfortable with LBJ controlling the rock a lot and *gasp* possibly shooting more and scoring more in any given game.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #97
GreatLakes
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Not a bad combo. Offensively better than MJ and Pippen, defensively well....uh. But it could work if they ran the triangle. Although Lebron would have to be willing to feed Kobe in the post on nearly every posession (ala pippen to jordan). I think the transition would actually be easier for Kobe, if LeBron is willing to be Pippen and pick his spots when to attack. However if Lebron handles the ball too much and is an equal distributor (ie looks for open man) then Kobe may be a bit disgruntled.

I say with a decent supporting cast: 3 championships
GreatLakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #98
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Default Kobe Bryant, LeBron James Named Players of the Month

Quote:
James, who wins the award for the second consecutive month, led the league in scoring in February, averaging 30.2 points and adding 8.9 rebounds and an Eastern Conference-best 8.5 assists. Cleveland was 8-6 mark on the month as James became the first player since Magic Johnson (1988) to post triple-doubles on consecutive days twice in the same season (Feb. 19-20 and Nov. 24-25). James became the youngest player to reach 10,000 points with his 19th point at Boston on Feb. 27

Quote:
Bryant led the Lakers to a 13-2 mark, averaging team highs in points (27.2 ppg), assists (5.9 apg) and steals (2.07 spg). Bryant, who shot .507 from the field, scored at least 30 points on eight occasions and netted more than 40 points twice.

http://www.nba.com/news/pom_080303.html

Two of the greatest player in the NBA today shared the spotlight by winning the NBA Players of the month in their respective conferences.

Congratulations to Lebron James, and Kobe Bean Bryant
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #99
Poseidon
Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant, LeBron James Named Players of the Month

Both well deserved.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #100
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LeBron had a great month stat-wise, but only 8-6? I'm not sure about LeBron winning this one, but I guess no one else really did anything memorable. but good months for both players anyways.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #101
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
LeBron had a great month stat-wise, but only 8-6? I'm not sure about LeBron winning this one, but I guess no one else really did anything memorable. but good months for both players anyways.
Well the losses were, Rockets twice, Spurs, Nuggets, Celtics, and to the Bucks on a buzzer beater.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #102
konex
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP

Show me someone with even decent stats who had a better record. The EC is a trainwereck lol
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #103
JordanL

Now, I think that the Houston streak is a bit overrated, but does anyone here think that maybe Yoa/T-Mac put together a more impressive month than Kobe? Not only did they have a tougher month than Kobe, they also didn't lose.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #104
east_woods
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
Now, I think that the Houston streak is a bit overrated, but does anyone here think that maybe Yoa/T-Mac put together a more impressive month than Kobe? Not only did they have a tougher month than Kobe, they also didn't lose.

Rockets deserve the Team of the Month.
east_woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #105
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Show me someone with even decent stats who had a better record. The EC is a trainwereck lol
Pierce, Allen, Turkoglu, Howard, Billups, Wallace, Hamilton, KG?

Lebron deserved it though, he's a monster.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: