Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #1
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

NBAEMoreira022 has an OK reputation so far
Angry Can somebody please tell Vince Carter to.....

take off those damn knee pads, put on a head band, some arm bands,wrist bands what ever, and start playing with feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know Vince Carter is giving it his all right now, but he is acting like this is a 8AM-8PM job he has to do every single day for the rest of his life that only gets minimum wage. This is basketball! The NBA! Damnit! Did you ever stop by a Mcdonalds or KFC and the person who takes your order just walks up slowly, not even making eye contact, looks down at the screen and says "yes?" That person hates their life! They don't want to be there, they want to have fun, to party out all night. Vince Carter has to play for 35 to 36 minutes a game, the other part of his job he has to watch video for a few hours, stay in shape, and work on his game. Don't bring your problems to the court. I know it can be hard, but look at Lamar Odom. He lost a son. What can be worse than that? I have no idea what's that like, but is has to be tough. You don't see him out there on the court with a frown(most of the time), wearing two knee pads and running up and down the court like your 45, and then doing regular layups that a 4th grader would probably do. VC, please, I am begging you, forget about your problems when your on the court, this can be your theraputic moment, remember the old days of UNC Tar Heel basketball, remember your first dunk at age 15, remember your first years in the league. Dunk contest champion, Vince Carter please....

SHOW SOME MORE HEART!

Thank You.

P.S
And take off those damn knee pads!!!!!!!!

Had to let that out.......... I feel much better now.

Last edited by NBAEMoreira022 : 11-23-2006 at 04:24 PM.
NBAEMoreira022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

You start off by saying "I know Vince Carter is giving it his all right now" and then finish it by saying "show some heart Vince." Now that doesn't make sense does it?

Also, he's averaging a career high in Points.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

also high in percentages.

i dont know he's never really been a "AGHHH IM GONNA KILL THE OPPONENT ON THE COURT" kind of guy.

he's always been a relaxed, joking kind of player.

the Nets rotation is out of sync. 4 guys injured and so on.

if anything, I would like Marcus Williams to show more intensity. he always walks around with a bland look as if he were forced to say and do the things he is doing.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:28 PM   #4
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

so you guys really don't see any change in VC? he is diffrent to me
Old 11-23-2006, 11:29 PM   #5
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
You start off by saying "I know Vince Carter is giving it his all right now" and then finish it by saying "show some heart Vince." Now that doesn't make sense does it?

Also, he's averaging a career high in Points.

Show some MORE heart.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:47 AM   #6
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAEMoreira022
so you guys really don't see any change in VC? he is diffrent to me

Maybe his facial expressions need more "heart," but his stats are pretty good.
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #7
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrudo
Maybe his facial expressions need more "heart," but his stats are pretty good.

without a doubt. But the way he is carrying himself into games and his compusure is way diffrent than what it used to be. Your telling me he can't do this any more? http://youtube.com/watch?v=XFt_Y5LEgmM No more highlight reels for him what's going on has his legs gotten so bummy or is it his age? he's like what 28? to much jumping I guess but I'll sure miss the old VC. He can opt out if he wants to after the season ....
Old 11-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #8
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Thats just VC. I watched him game in game out here in Canada. Didnt matter if we lost by 40, he was still smiling and joking with opposing players during and after the games.
XXXXed me off big time.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
NBAEMoreira022
ISH Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
Thats just VC. I watched him game in game out here in Canada. Didnt matter if we lost by 40, he was still smiling and joking with opposing players during and after the games.
XXXXed me off big time.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #10
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

if anything, I would like Marcus Williams to show more intensity. he always walks around with a bland look as if he were forced to say and do the things he is doing.
I agree VCDrivesA... Marcus is out of sync right now. He is not playing HIS game. Witch is being a playmaker NOT a scorer. He has a pretty good jumper that is just not falling right now. I also think Coach Frank is overdoing the double guard combo of Jason & Marcus on the floor at the same time. This forces Marcus to be more of a scorer. He is not comfortable being a shooter. This also does not give J-Kidd much of a rest. Marcus felt good during pre-season because all he did was play point (his comfort zone). Let him releive J-Kidd more often like in the begining of the season.
As for the face. It is a combonation of a few things. First he is trying to keep it cool and not step on any toes. He does not want to speak up. He is still the new guy. He is also a little frustrated and does not want to show emotion. This makes him come off emotionless. He should take a cue from Adam Morrison. I saw quotes after he had a bad game ealrlier in the season. He said he felt as if he let his team down. This guy is so passionate about basketball. But everybodys got different ways of expressing themselves. I got faith in Marcus, Things will be alright.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:32 AM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

richmo, i agree heartily with your 2nd paragraph and disagree heartily with your first.

marcus looked like scoring was his middle name tonight, and the fact is he lit it up pretty well during the preseason as well. i also saw him do a pretty-good job of getting his teammates involved, so he did more than just score.

granted once he started lighting it up he kind of kept looking to his own shot first, but in this situation it was clearly the right thing to do.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:04 PM   #12
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
richmo, i agree heartily with your 2nd paragraph and disagree heartily with your first.

marcus looked like scoring was his middle name tonight, and the fact is he lit it up pretty well during the preseason as well. i also saw him do a pretty-good job of getting his teammates involved, so he did more than just score.

granted once he started lighting it up he kind of kept looking to his own shot first, but in this situation it was clearly the right thing to do.
What a night for me to question Marcus william's scoring. He was amazing! But realisticly this will not happen again for a long time. He will not score that much again. If you listened to the anouncers during the game he is like 3 for 28 from three point range (last in the leaugue). I also think a lot of what I said about him playing point alone rang true. He was more comfortable running the show alone. Kidd did not play the 4th quarter. I don't want it to sound as if I do not want him to play with J-Kidd. I just do not want them to play as much. I think it's counter productive (rest J-Kidd). I think last night was a good example of my 1st paragraph. Anyway, I guess that's just my opinion and I respect yours Gigantes. Thanks for writing and for the record, I hope Marcus proves me wrong and scores 27 again and again.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:00 AM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

oops... my bad, richmo. i actually do agree with you about them playing together. i need to pay more attention, hehe.

as for 3/28 from 3-pt range... that doesn't phase me. he's already proved he has a good shot, so that stat is more likely rookie jitters and slumping than it is a true indication of anything.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: