Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-22-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Football Fans: Opinion Needed

Edgerrin James

How do you think he'll do this season?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
-primetime-

Default Re: Football Fans: Opinion Needed

similiar to what he did last season

although I did read somewhere that he is expected to improve for some reason...

that teams line sucks though
Old 08-22-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maybe he'll break his own record of most carries for the least amount of yards.

He's like the Lenny Wilkens of football. He owns some imprssive records, and some not so impressive ones.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:16 AM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Edgerrin James

How do you think he'll do this season?

New C, LT and rookie RT Levi Brown appears to be gunning for the starting job. Improvements in 3 positions...i think James will have a better ypc avg. 4.0-4.2 range. Similar stats from last season. 1200-1300yds at best 7-8tds
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:24 AM   #5
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

not 100% on this but i think i read somehere that Shipp is gonna get some of the goal line carries so Edge's TD's wont be great
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:29 AM   #6
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
similiar to what he did last season

although I did read somewhere that he is expected to improve for some reason...

that teams line sucks though

Haven't the Cardinals only made the playoffs twice since 1985?
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:50 AM   #7
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
New C, LT and rookie RT Levi Brown appears to be gunning for the starting job. Improvements in 3 positions...i think James will have a better ypc avg. 4.0-4.2 range. Similar stats from last season. 1200-1300yds at best 7-8tds
this is why GOBB has my respect

he does his study...
Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

3.7 - 3.9 yrds per carry

1,000 to 1,100 yards

10-12 TDs. ( He still has some power)

Lienart will have the bigger impact on how well he will do.

Last time I checked... Marcell Shipp and J.J. Arrington still produce
yards as back up RBs.

I see more carries being shared this year.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:12 PM   #9
Mean Joe Bean
Decent playground baller

Mean Joe Bean has an OK reputation so far

I think Edge is going to have a very good season. Like others mentioned, the O-line is improved and having the opposing defense worrying about Boldin and Fitzgerald will only open even more holes for him.. if this is a fantasy-related question, get him if you can for a decent price. Unlike many teams nowadays that use a 2back-system, Arizona will run the hell out of Edge.. he got 337 carries last year! He might exceed that this year.. Shipp and Arrington are trash.. they will combine for 3 carries a game, if even that..
Mean Joe Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:25 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
3.7 - 3.9 yrds per carry

1,000 to 1,100 yards

10-12 TDs. ( He still has some power)

Thats not good.

Quote:
Last time I checked... Marcell Shipp and J.J. Arrington still produce
yards as back up RBs.

I see more carries being shared this year.

Cards signed EJ to a big deal...dont see how you share carries with 2 backups with your featured RB. And I think you're very misinformed because Marcell hasnt produced in 2 seasons. Production has declined from 3yrs ago and JJ Arrington has been a huge dissapointment considering the expectations he was supposed to have. He was supposed to be the Cards featured RB/steal and simple hasnt been the case.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #11
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Expect Edge to become a huge part of that offense. The new coach likes to employ a run-first game, which is a great sign if you own Edge in a league.

Edge still has game. Still the best pass-blocking RB in football, giving the coach the oppurtunity to let Edge play third downs. He's a very good receiever out of the backfield as well.

Expect the Cardinals to give Edge the ball 350 times this year, and another 30-40 receptions. Predictions are worthless, but since this thread wants one I'd say he ends up with:

1250 yards rushing
400 yards receiving
8-10 touchdowns

Unless your last name is Tomlinson, Jackson or Johnson...I'd be happy with those numbers from an owners standpoint.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #12
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Cards signed EJ to a big deal...dont see how you share carries with 2 backups with your featured RB. And I think you're very misinformed because Marcell hasnt produced in 2 seasons. Production has declined from 3yrs ago and JJ Arrington has been a huge dissapointment considering the expectations he was supposed to have. He was supposed to be the Cards featured RB/steal and simple hasnt been the case.

Hell, I guess your right... They both do suck (I went and looked them up)

You know what I noticed... as much as I think Edge is in decline...

He is the one RB that has any kind of shot at Emmitts record besides LT.

He just turned 28... If he could play till he's... 35 and produce
like crazy, he'd have a shot... But it can't happen.

RBs are done at age 32.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #13
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Edge would have turned 29 three weeks ago. Born in early August of '78
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #14
SmokyMcNasty
I hit open 5-footers

SmokyMcNasty has an OK reputation so far

RB's have the shortest career-span of all positions in football. But I can definitely see Edge playing til he's 35. Sure he has a lot of wear-and-tear on him already, but Edge is damn durable and his style of running doesn't allow him to take any real big hits. Breaking Emmit's record though?
SmokyMcNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:02 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
Hell, I guess your right... They both do suck (I went and looked them up)

You know what I noticed... as much as I think Edge is in decline...

He is the one RB that has any kind of shot at Emmitts record besides LT.

He just turned 28... If he could play till he's... 35 and produce
like crazy, he'd have a shot... But it can't happen.

RBs are done at age 32.

Yeah I doubt he plays that long. Think he finishes the deal he has now then ends up a backup in on teams that are SB contenders.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: