Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #16
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Cuban now sponsors 9/11 truth movement

Quote:
"We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."

Exactly, Mark.

Why would Bill O'Reilly be threatening people's career's if he didn't think there was a shred of truth to the documentary? It doesn't make any sense.

I've never seen loose change and I'm not a conspiracy nut (though I believe many pieces are missing from the 9/11 story) but HARDWORKING TAX-PAYING AMERICANS who have the economic freedom to back a film should be allowed to do so WITHOUT FEAR OF PERSECUTION.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #17
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Who cares? That **** happened like a million years ago. Get over it.

Wait, are we still following Jesus? How long ago was that?

Touche, carry on.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #18
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

no he doesnt, hes just doing it to make money, but he doesnt agree with the content, get it right...
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #19
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
no he doesnt, hes just doing it to make money, but he doesnt agree with the content, get it right...
Get what right, exactly? Have trouble reading the f*cking title of the thread or has that fat moved into your brain? No one said he "agreed" with it, idiot.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #20
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

And also, do you have a source where he even comes out and says he 'thinks it is bullsh*t'?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:13 AM   #21
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

9/11 Press for Truth

Watch it on Google Video. It goes into all the questions that have not been answered by the 9/11 Commission.

Quote:
Following the attacks of September 11th, a small group of grieving families waged a tenacious battle against those who sought to bury the truth about the event—including, to their amazement, President Bush. In ‘9/11 PRESS FOR TRUTH’, six of them, including three of the famous “Jersey Girls”, tell for the first time the powerful story of how they took on the greatest powers in Washington—and won!—compelling an investigation, only to subsequently watch the 9/11 Commission fail in answering most of their questions.

Adapting Paul Thompson’s definitive Complete 9/11 Timeline (published by HarperCollins as ‘The Terror Timeline’), the filmmakers collaborate with documentary veterans Globalvision (‘WMD: Weapons of Mass Deception’, ‘Beyond JFK’) to stitch together rare overlooked news clips, buried stories, and government press conferences, revealing a pattern of official lies, deception and spin. As a result, a very different picture of 9/11 emerges, one that raises new and more pressing questions.

What actions were taken by top government officials who received dozens of specific warnings before the attack? Was Osama Bin Laden and his top al Qaeda leadership allowed to escape U.S. forces in Afghanistan? And what has been the reason for the deliberate obscuring of evidence for state sponsorship? Perhaps the most important one of all: Why, five years later, are so many of the families’ questions still unanswered?

Also visit the 9/11 Timeline

Last edited by reppy : 04-03-2007 at 05:18 AM.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #22
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Criticism of film won't deter Cuban

07:44 AM CDT on Wednesday, March 28, 2007

James Ragland jragland@dallasnews.com

Before I get started, let me say this column is not a critique of Loose Change, the independent Internet film that suggests some U.S. government officials may have staged the 9/11 attacks.
Also Online

Watch Loose Change

Watch Screw Loose Change

I know, the very thought makes you cringe.

Nor is this about Screw Loose Change, an equally delightful documentary that responds to the conspiracy theories and speculation contained in the aforementioned flick. If nothing else, you've got to love the in-your-face title.

This column is mostly about our very own Mark Cuban, billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, who is planning to use his media muscle to distribute Loose Change in theaters this year.

His potential involvement has set the local jock kingdom on its heels, with some talk-show hosts and callers wondering if Mr. Cuban has a screw loose.

At least one elderly reader of this paper called our sports desk this week to say she would no longer be a fan of Mr. Cuban's team. Her question to a Sports Day editor: How could someone of Mr. Cuban's stature support a movie with this message?

Other critics, including Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, have chastised Mr. Cuban for offering to finance the distribution of Loose Change, a documentary that Mr. O'Reilly described as "absurd."

"And it doesn't deserve the platform you're going to give it," Mr. O'Reilly told Mr. Cuban during a lively radio debate last Friday.

Mr. Cuban firmly disagreed, saying the public could judge for itself whether the film has merit. And he won't retreat, he said, just because it's incendiary: "I'm not going to back away from a topic because it's controversial."

This is what most of us love – and hate – about Mark Cuban. He's his own man, unafraid of the sort of risks that would make the average businessman quake and shiver in his boots.

Not Mark.

He digs in his heels, offering a spirited defense of everything he does – whether that's jumping on NBA referees for blowing a call or jumping on board a film project that's bound to make some people downright mad.

All of which got me interested.

I sent Mr. Cuban a long list of questions asking how and why he was involved with Loose Change, a project that reportedly started out as a work of fiction then morphed into a documentary that drew some 10 million Internet viewers last year.

Initially, Mr. Cuban gave me the old stiff arm, sending a terse e-mail in which he quotes the late John F. Kennedy, an odd and apt choice given the conspiracy theories surrounding Kennedy's assassination right around the corner from where I'm writing this column.

"[M]y only response is to quote JFK: 'We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.' "

I'm not going to be lured into a debate with JFK. So I sent Mr. Cuban a follow-up email in which I said the real issue is not about the film per se but rather his involvement.

"Are you concerned," I asked, "that this will cause, for lack of a better term, a political backlash against you or your team?"

To his credit, Mr. Cuban fired back: "I guess I give the people in Dallas more credit for being smart and making up their own minds than you do."

That's not true, people.

I also asked whether his association with the movie might lend credibility to the controversial way it connects the dots of its conspiracy theory?

"I don't believe the movie. Not at all,"
Mr. Cuban explained. "But I do believe that lies in the shadows are far more dangerous than lies you can confront and refute. There probably will be a movie that responds to this one, and we would be more than happy to distribute it as well, for the very same reason."

For what it's worth, I don't consider Mr. Cuban a loose – make that looser – cannon for financing the distribution of the flick. I watched Loose Change, and its rival, on the Internet and found them both to be quite – how should I put this – amusing.

Both films address probing, provocative questions. The problem I have with Loose Change lies in its answers, many of which are based on loosely strung-together facts, speculations and inferences that, when mixed together, drive conspiracy theorists wild.

That's OK with Mr. Cuban, who doesn't seem to think his role in distributing the film will hurt his image or his team's.

"I happen to think we live in a city of smart and educated people who don't need anyone to censor for them," he said. "They can make up their own minds. Don't you?"

We'll soon find out.

Thank you.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...2.447e560.html
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #23
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Criticism of film won't deter Cuban

07:44 AM CDT on Wednesday, March 28, 2007

James Ragland jragland@dallasnews.com

Before I get started, let me say this column is not a critique of Loose Change, the independent Internet film that suggests some U.S. government officials may have staged the 9/11 attacks.
Also Online

Watch Loose Change

Watch Screw Loose Change

I know, the very thought makes you cringe.

Nor is this about Screw Loose Change, an equally delightful documentary that responds to the conspiracy theories and speculation contained in the aforementioned flick. If nothing else, you've got to love the in-your-face title.

This column is mostly about our very own Mark Cuban, billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, who is planning to use his media muscle to distribute Loose Change in theaters this year.

His potential involvement has set the local jock kingdom on its heels, with some talk-show hosts and callers wondering if Mr. Cuban has a screw loose.

At least one elderly reader of this paper called our sports desk this week to say she would no longer be a fan of Mr. Cuban's team. Her question to a Sports Day editor: How could someone of Mr. Cuban's stature support a movie with this message?

Other critics, including Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, have chastised Mr. Cuban for offering to finance the distribution of Loose Change, a documentary that Mr. O'Reilly described as "absurd."

"And it doesn't deserve the platform you're going to give it," Mr. O'Reilly told Mr. Cuban during a lively radio debate last Friday.

Mr. Cuban firmly disagreed, saying the public could judge for itself whether the film has merit. And he won't retreat, he said, just because it's incendiary: "I'm not going to back away from a topic because it's controversial."

This is what most of us love – and hate – about Mark Cuban. He's his own man, unafraid of the sort of risks that would make the average businessman quake and shiver in his boots.

Not Mark.

He digs in his heels, offering a spirited defense of everything he does – whether that's jumping on NBA referees for blowing a call or jumping on board a film project that's bound to make some people downright mad.

All of which got me interested.

I sent Mr. Cuban a long list of questions asking how and why he was involved with Loose Change, a project that reportedly started out as a work of fiction then morphed into a documentary that drew some 10 million Internet viewers last year.

Initially, Mr. Cuban gave me the old stiff arm, sending a terse e-mail in which he quotes the late John F. Kennedy, an odd and apt choice given the conspiracy theories surrounding Kennedy's assassination right around the corner from where I'm writing this column.

"[M]y only response is to quote JFK: 'We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.' "

I'm not going to be lured into a debate with JFK. So I sent Mr. Cuban a follow-up email in which I said the real issue is not about the film per se but rather his involvement.

"Are you concerned," I asked, "that this will cause, for lack of a better term, a political backlash against you or your team?"

To his credit, Mr. Cuban fired back: "I guess I give the people in Dallas more credit for being smart and making up their own minds than you do."

That's not true, people.

I also asked whether his association with the movie might lend credibility to the controversial way it connects the dots of its conspiracy theory?

"I don't believe the movie. Not at all,"
Mr. Cuban explained. "But I do believe that lies in the shadows are far more dangerous than lies you can confront and refute. There probably will be a movie that responds to this one, and we would be more than happy to distribute it as well, for the very same reason."

For what it's worth, I don't consider Mr. Cuban a loose – make that looser – cannon for financing the distribution of the flick. I watched Loose Change, and its rival, on the Internet and found them both to be quite – how should I put this – amusing.

Both films address probing, provocative questions. The problem I have with Loose Change lies in its answers, many of which are based on loosely strung-together facts, speculations and inferences that, when mixed together, drive conspiracy theorists wild.

That's OK with Mr. Cuban, who doesn't seem to think his role in distributing the film will hurt his image or his team's.

"I happen to think we live in a city of smart and educated people who don't need anyone to censor for them," he said. "They can make up their own minds. Don't you?"

We'll soon find out.

Thank you.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...2.447e560.html
Old 04-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #24
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I question whether or not Mark Cuban actually believes Loose Change. At the very least, I imagine he sees it as a "primer" to get people looking more into 9/11.

For instance, I wouldn't help distribute propaganda linking Iraq to 9/11 unless I really wanted people to believe that. What next, "Mark Cuban Presents: David Duke and David Irving's Holocaust 101"?
Old 04-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #25
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
I question whether or not Mark Cuban actually believes Loose Change. At the very least, I imagine he sees it as a "primer" to get people looking more into 9/11.

For instance, I wouldn't help distribute propaganda linking Iraq to 9/11 unless I really wanted people to believe that. What next, "Mark Cuban Presents: David Duke and David Irving's Holocaust 101"?

read my post above you and it will answer your question if he believes it
Old 04-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #26
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
read my post above you and it will answer your question if he believes it

That's why I question whether or not he believes it. I would never disseminate something I considered to be disinformation unless I believed some part of it. Or perhaps he thinks distributing Loose Change will result in more people questioning the official 9/11. Maybe that's what he wants; he doesn't buy it.

Loose Change is controversial and has always had a lot of buzz surrounding it. It's probably one of the worst 9/11 conspiracy movies out there, but it has a huge following and I think Cuban wants to tap into that. This is just one man's musings to himself, I guess, but I think he wants people to see Loose Change and then start to look more into 9/11 on their own.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #27
The_Masterplan
Banned

ya, reppy i agree with you on that but he said its for the purpose of people deciding the real truth of 9/11. I am surprised the government hasnt shut this down yet
Old 04-03-2007, 06:17 PM   #28
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
ya, reppy i agree with you on that but he said its for the purpose of people deciding the real truth of 9/11. I am surprised the government hasnt shut this down yet

If the government shut it down, that'd be proof they had something to hide. Well, I guess they were able to shut it down by underfunding the 9/11 Commission.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: