Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: I thought Kobe was a zone buster?

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Lebron didnt have a better playoffs than Kobe. But you're right overall, you can make a case for either of them...the gap, if there even is one, is very slim
    Yes he did. Bron came through and dropped 40+ in Game 7, and had a monster Game 6 against the Celts. Kobe didn't. I'm sorry but series clinching games matter the most, and because of that you can't give the nod to Kobe for this year's playoffs against Bron.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    did you watch any of the pre olympic games?
    Have you watched any NBA games during the past 3 years? You are right, Kobe sucks at shooting

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    We also thought Kobe was the MVP
    yes because MVPs are now determined by olympic games. go look up how mj shot on the dream team, guess he was no mvp either.

people need to not invest too much time in numbers, especially in these olympic games.

Kobe is the best SG on team USA, but he needs to stop taking some bad shoots in this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Yes he did. Bron came through and dropped 40+ in Game 7, and had a monster Game 6 against the Celts. Kobe didn't. I'm sorry but series clinching games matter the most, and because of that you can't give the nod to Kobe for this year's playoffs against Bron.
    Other than Game 7, LeBron didn't do sh!t in the playoffs. Get your head out of his ass!

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    I really don't get how and why Kobe gets these unanimous decision that he is the best player, hands down, in the world.

I mean he has a case for that but Lebron has to be right up there in the discussion.

Lebron has simply been more impressive than Kobe for almost all of the calendar year 2008. Outplayed Kobe head to head, performed better in the playoffs when it matters (stepped up against Boston in a way Kobe didn't), and on Team USA Lebron does EVERYTHING. He blocks shots, he hits threes, he attacks the rim.

I mean really, I have no idea why people think there is this space between Kobe and the 2nd best player in the world.
    he is.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    i think kobe's performances against the west were greater and made his playoffs more impressive. they both ended up falling to the celts, had pretty similar numbers...only lebron put up a better fight (although i think his only good game was game 7, maybe game 5 too?); kobe in his previous 3 series was spectacular though..and i dont think that should be totally forgotten

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Kobe is the best SG on team USA, but he needs to stop taking some bad shoots in this tournament.
    Kobe didn't even take a lot bad shots this game. Out of 14 shots attempted, he probably had 3 bad shots. May I remind you that contested shots are not bad shots. For the most part, he took good wide open shots that didn't fall.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Have you watched any NBA games during the past 3 years? You are right, Kobe sucks at shooting

Did watch Kobe against the Celtics when they let him shoot all day from the perimeter? Remember, people said the reason why Kobe would do better against the Celtics in the Finals was because of his elite shooting ability. Like I said, Kobe is a great streak shooter when he's hot but outside of that, he's pretty normal. Listeing to some people on here you would think Kobe shoots like Nash and Ray Allen

Team USA's spacing is quite poor since teams aren't playing Kidd for the shot. Hell, does he even take shots? Maybe it's time to start Deron. That would give Kobe more room to operate and use his mid-range game. He is not a "force it to the hoop" player and will jack up a 3 instead of going in a congested lane. He is confident in his jumper. Maybe too confident..
    Last edited by konex; 08-10-2008 at 12:44 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Original poster is obviously biased against Kobe.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Michael Redd is the only true shooter on this team and I can't understand why he isn't on the floor more. Kobe's a good shooter, but he's not helping himself by taking quick, long 3s. That's never been his game. Might wanna take a dribble or 2 inside and pull up for 18-20 footers.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    Did watch Kobe against the Celtics when they let him shoot all day from the perimeter? Remember, people said the reason why Kobe would do better against the Celtics in the Finals was because of his elite shooting ability. Like I said, Kobe is a great streak shooter when he's hot but outside of that, he's pretty normal. Listeing to some people on here you would think Kobe shoots like Nash and Ray Allen
    they let kobe shoot all day from the perimeter? selective memory i guess

Banned

Once Kobe calms down he will be a great shooter. He was obviously nervous after being hyped up by all the chinese fans. LeBron and Wade though put up an excellent game that more then made up for Kobe's shortcomings.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    they let kobe shoot all day from the perimeter? selective memory i guess
    They packed the lane and sagged off of him which forced him into being a perimeter player outside of 1 game. They gave him the perimeter shot.