Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #16
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Default Re: Ed Davis

Despite all signs leading to Ed Davis being traded I really think Amir is going to be the guy traded instead. My reasoning is based off what Amir has shown so far. He's proven he can play defense, rebound, and gives the energy and hustle at still a young age. His contract isn't even bad either for what he's shown. I think that will net us better assets in return as opposed to Davis who's shown flashes but his value is purely based off of potential right now. What do you guys think?

Last edited by GoRapz : 02-20-2012 at 07:57 PM.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Despite all signs leading to Ed Davis being traded I really think Amir is going to be the guy traded instead. My reasoning is based off what Amir has shown so far. He's proven he can play defense, rebound, and gives the energy and hustle at still a young age. His contract isn't even bad either for what he's shown. I think that will net us better assets in return as opposed to Davis who's shown flashes but his value is purely based off of potential right now. What do you guys think?
All the reasons you listed is exactly why I think the Raptors management will keep Amir. I think Colangelo is going all out to make the playoffs next year and that will be a big deciding factor in the "Amir or Ed" question. They'll keep the more experienced guy with the more guaranteed production albeit with little potential to improve at this point.

Not that I agree with that point of view because I think the Raptors are far from being threat to make the later rounds in the playoffs. Best case scenario with that kind of plan would be for Valanciunas and whoever they pick in this upcoming draft to become legitimate "best and second best players on a good team" caliber players which makes Bargnani (assuming he can continue what he's done in these 13 games) as a 3rd best player tolerable in terms of building a winner.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
Burgz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
We should make a run at Nash and his expiring contract. Maybe we can dump the salaries of Kleiza and Amir in a deal. Give them Davis with those two and a 2nd or something.

wouldnt be worth it, we could make a dump on a player that has the potential of staying with the team

nash has explicitly said he wants to get PAID. highly unlikely we'd be the team to do it, so all it would do is ruin our lottery chances for a cash grab with the fans
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #19
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Sooooooooooo Ed Davis just played 18 minutes in an overtime game.

Cya later Ed. We hardly knew you.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #20
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
wouldnt be worth it, we could make a dump on a player that has the potential of staying with the team

nash has explicitly said he wants to get PAID. highly unlikely we'd be the team to do it, so all it would do is ruin our lottery chances for a cash grab with the fans

I'd give Nash 20 million for 2 seasons to finish his career here. I don't care if it hurts our chances at higher draft picks.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #21
bluerap
Local High School Star

Quote:
I'd give Nash 20 million for 2 seasons to finish his career here. I don't care if it hurts our chances at higher draft picks.

I'd hate to see nash waste the end of his career in toronto.

I really hope he goes to a legit contender.
I think there is a good chance he goes to Dallas if they fail to land dwill.
I can't really see him in Miami but that would be a guaranteed title team with nash. sessions looks good in la but I thought nash would have fit really well there.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
bokes15
Playoffs!

I for one would also want Nash to get one last shot with a contender before hie retires. He's been way too good and worked too hard to basically waste his last year or two on a team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I'm trying to understand why at this stage money would be his main objective though.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #23
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
I'm not sure Nash would want to be Jose's backup for a year.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #24
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Last game vs Indiana, Bargnani is out and Ed Davis still only gets 17 minutes despite putting up 11 and 10 and not being in foul trouble.

Amir: 32 minutes
Gray: 24 minutes
Magloire: 6 minutes!!

Does anyone running this team have a sense for giving younger a chance to develop while they are still cheap and under team control?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #25
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Last game vs Indiana, Bargnani is out and Ed Davis still only gets 17 minutes despite putting up 11 and 10 and not being in foul trouble.

Amir: 32 minutes
Gray: 24 minutes
Magloire: 6 minutes!!

Does anyone running this team have a sense for giving younger a chance to develop while they are still cheap and under team control?

Yeah I don't get it either. BC seemingly was ecstatic that Davis dropped to us at number 13 as he was projected to go higher. But he gets no playing time. It makes no sense. I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up getting traded and goes on to become a valuable piece for some other team. I originally had thought that maybe, just maybe he could develop into an answer at PF, but he hasn't been given the chance to. Although with Bargnani here forever it seems, I'm not sure anyone will get the chance at PF even if we got Anthony Davis.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: