Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 09-19-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Default Korolev contract rescinded; To Report To Training Camp

Quote:
Clippers sever ties with Korolev
Because of their other needs with Brand out, the team rescinded its offer to the former first-round pick.
By ART THOMPSON III The Orange County Register

Because of the injury to star forward Elton Brand, the Clippers have rescinded their contract offer to former lottery pick Yaroslav Korolev, who has spent the past several weeks working out for various other NBA teams.

Korolev, 20, was the Clippers' first-round draft pick in 2005, selected 12th overall. When he was drafted, Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said he expected Korolev to spend his rookie season learning but was projected to break into the rotation by his second year.

But Korolev did not develop as expected, and the Clippers declined to pick up the third-year option of $2.7 million on his contract, making him an unrestricted free agent July 1. Dunleavy said last season and early this summer that Korolev still figured in the team's plans and that the Clippers wanted to re-sign him. Korolev played on the Clippers' summer-league team.

The Clippers offered Korolev a one-year, guaranteed contract of $800,000, with a club option for a second year, a week into the free-agency period. But the Clippers wanted to sign a point guard before Korolev could be signed.

Brand suffered a ruptured left Achilles' tendon in a workout Aug. 3, the same day that free-agent guard Brevin Knight agreed to a two-year deal with the Clippers.

Though Brand had successful surgery last month and was fitted with a walking boot Tuesday, he is expected to miss most of the 2007-08 season. To help fill the void, the Clippers signed two free-agent forwards this summer, Josh Howard and Ruben Patterson. The Clippers also used their first-round pick in June to select Florida State forward Al Thornton, who is three years older than Korolev and plays the same position.

The Clippers have 13 players with guaranteed contracts.

Korolev played in 34 of 164 regular-season games with the Clippers in two seasons and was not on the playoff roster in 2006.
This quotes us only having 13 guaranteed contracts.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:49 AM   #2
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: Korolev contract rescinded

I'm glad no one is putting down Korolev, or his 'abilities'['' around it because we honestly don't know what the kid has/had, we just don't.] Antoine Wright, Danny Granger, two players whom many thought were able to help teams out right away, and we take a project, just to tell him to get out of here two years later. Man, I really hope Yarik gets a contract in the league future and just kills whatever team Dunleavy is coaching, even if it is my Clippers.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:15 AM   #3
clipps
Decent college freshman

Mike Dunleavy is such a sh*tty coach. It's amazing that he got that extension. If the Clippers end up being one of the worst teams this season, hopefully that'll lead to the firing of our coach. F*ck Mike Dunleavy.

: @ Dunleavy coaching Rose/Mayo/Beasley
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:03 AM   #4
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
This quotes us only having 13 guaranteed contracts.

Also quotes us as signing Josh Howard so must be a typo
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
clipps
Decent college freshman

link?
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: Korolev contract rescinded; To Report To Training Camp

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...adlines-sports

Quote:
Free-agent forward Yaroslav Korolev will report to the Clippers' training camp in Santa Barbara next week, ending speculation that the team's 2005 lottery pick would report with another team or play in Russia this season, a source said Wednesday.

Quote:
Korolev is expected to sign a non-guaranteed contract before camp begins.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:04 PM   #7
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

At this point I'm kind of pulling for him because I feel sorry for him, as long as he does not beat Jordan out of a spot. I would not mind him beating Diaz out but I doubt that will happen.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
At this point I'm kind of pulling for him because I feel sorry for him, as long as he does not beat Jordan out of a spot. I would not mind him beating Diaz out but I doubt that will happen.

As do I. This guy is being TOO loyal to the Clipper organization. I really want him to get a roster spot, even if it's Jordan AS long as we don't give Jordan a contract and are able to keep his rights. But Korolev needs to grow some balls and tell the Clipper front office that he has had enough and they either give him a contract along with playing time or he's gone.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #9
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
As do I. This guy is being TOO loyal to the Clipper organization. I really want him to get a roster spot, even if it's Jordan AS long as we don't give Jordan a contract and are able to keep his rights. But Korolev needs to grow some balls and tell the Clipper front office that he has had enough and they either give him a contract along with playing time or he's gone.
I'm pretty sure if we sign Jordan to a contract and release him, he will be able to sign with anybody else so we are better off not signing him at all and letting him play in Europe or The NBDL.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: