Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #181
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer
 
ACCBaller1403's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the heart of the ACC
Posts: 528
ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
and the reason there aren't many african american engineers, ect. is because of bad schools and having to grow up in a bad area and not having money for college, ect...

For the same reason there are more white upper level white collar professionals can possibly explain why there are more black athletes.

I don't think for a second that black kids growing up in a good neighborhood away from bad influences couldn't become the next Bill Gates. There is no difference in intelligence. The difference is environment and, oftentimes, motivation as a result of the environment around you.

Are young inner city youths growing up with dreams of being a corporate CEO or the world's leading mechanical engineer? I would venture to say no on that. Probably the focus has been using athletics to get out of the ghetto and ahead in life, thus the focus is on athletics from a young age. Hence, a disproportionate number of blacks end up in the upper echelons of sports.

It's all environment brother.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #182
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCBaller1403
For the same reason there are more white upper level white collar professionals can possibly explain why there are more black athletes.

I don't think for a second that black kids growing up in a good neighborhood away from bad influences couldn't become the next Bill Gates. There is no difference in intelligence. The difference is environment and, oftentimes, motivation as a result of the environment around you.

Are young inner city youths growing up with dreams of being a corporate CEO or the world's leading mechanical engineer? I would venture to say no on that. Probably the focus has been using athletics to get out of the ghetto and ahead in life, thus the focus is on athletics from a young age. Hence, a disproportionate number of blacks end up in the upper echelons of sports.

It's all environment brother.

that is pretty much exactly what i was saying...
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #183
KWALI
erudite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,112
KWALI has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Maybe ya should take some of your own advice



-wiki

wiki-pedia idiot source to all....you said Jamaica was formed by the Slave trade it was not.....Jamaica was a Spanish colony used for recreation not business until the British were turned away on their quest to capture Cuba and Hispaniola in battles over those islands sugar producing and Mexico for it's gold.

When the British were retreating after being beaten they annexed Jamaica.

So Jamaica was not formed by slavery at all......It was already a colony b4 the facts you are quoting and infact had GBR never captured it the island would have been the western hemishere's first free African nation. As it was even teh invading British signed a treaty with the Maroons/ and Caribs promising they would not be slaves as long as they allowed the Sugar bussiness to continue without incident.

Then inorder to compete with Spain and to not have to do bussiness with them the British started their own Sugar production in Jamaican and imported first African slaves and then Indian and Chinese indentured servants.

I am Jamaican I know a lot more about my Islands history than a ****in blurb in wikipedia.....
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #184
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
wiki-pedia idiot source to all....you said Jamaica was formed by the Slave trade it was not.....Jamaica was a Spanish colony used for recreation not business until the British were turned away on their quest to capture Cuba and Hispaniola in battles over those islands sugar producing and Mexico for it's gold.

When the British were retreating after being beaten they annexed Jamaica.

So Jamaica was not formed by slavery at all......It was already a colony b4 the facts you are quoting and infact had GBR never captured it the island would have been the western hemishere's first free African nation. As it was even teh invading British signed a treaty with the Maroons/ and Caribs promising they would not be slaves as long as they allowed the Sugar bussiness to continue without incident.

Then inorder to compete with Spain and to not have to do bussiness with them the British started their own Sugar production in Jamaican and imported first African slaves and then Indian and Chinese indentured servants.

I am Jamaican I know a lot more about my Islands history than a ****in blurb in wikipedia.....

regradless of what you are saying the piont I was trying to make is true and I got it across...

I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a history lesson...

I was referring to the natives there....you are right that they were not the first though
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #185
KWALI
erudite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,112
KWALI has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
I agree. but they never actually dominated, and you can easily argue that Clijsters and henin are superior athletes to the williams sisters

How did they not dominate? they didn't do what Steffi and Martina did but like the one who got stabbed and never came all the way or even Swiss Miss they did dominate even if it was for a shorter time.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #186
huppcap
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,086
huppcap has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
that is ridiculas

most people know and understand that african americans are bigger, stronger, and more athletic because caucasians bred them when they brought them over to america...they only brought the biggest strongest people that would make the best slaves, and left the weaker ones behind...this is understood throughout most of the african american community...if you look at the average african american and put them next to the average african you would see that they look very different...

I knew there would be at least one of you around.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #187
mike_tamasi
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4
mike_tamasi has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
I think I tend to confuse people with my sarcasticness...especially when I'm trying to be real in other posts. In this thread and that other one, I've been labled as a black racist and as an uneducated white boy....to name a few. lol

I think that's the only conclusion we've come to here anyways. We're either black racists, uneducated idealistic whites or white racists.

Something We all probably knew anyways.



How about we're either human, human or human. Something we all should know but don't.
mike_tamasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #188
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,987
i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Yep. That's probably how I should have put it.

That's why I'm never gonna apoligize for other people's hardships. If I feel I have the duty to help others, I will.

But don't expect me to be insulted or care if someone says "White people are evil" or "Blacks don't know how to act". Those people are a little too narrow minded for my taste so why should their opinions matter?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #189
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_tamasi
How about we're either human, human or human. Something we all should know but don't.

I don't think anyone ever claimed that anyone wasn't a human...just that there are different types of humans on this planet...something we all should know but choose to ignore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:19 PM   #190
mike_tamasi
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4
mike_tamasi has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I don't think anyone ever claimed that anyone wasn't a human...just that there are different types of humans on this planet...something we all should know but choose to ignore.




what type of human are you? three arms? six eyes? seems to me there is a basic formula for a human. shade of skin is about as "vital" as the colour of hair and eyes. what did you mean by "something we all should know but choose to ignore?" i didn't quite get the meaning.
mike_tamasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:13 AM   #191
Norcaliblunt
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 977
Norcaliblunt is considered somewhat coolNorcaliblunt is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

If it's a fact that African Americans are stronger then any other race then how come they don't dominate Olympic weight lifting, mixed martial arts, and college wrestling??? Sports where strength is the key.


Primetime you are so full of BS it's ridiculous. Anyone basing facts off a Chris Rock stand up routine is a frickin idiot.

Last edited by Norcaliblunt : 04-20-2007 at 04:16 AM.
Norcaliblunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 05:50 AM   #192
RoseCity07
NBA Legend
 
RoseCity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portland
Posts: 19,074
RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Steve Nash says reverse racism exists in the NBA. what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller1986
Pete Maravich and John Stockton are way better than Steve NASH
Steve Nash>John Stockton. If he isn't right up there with Stockten in assists...he also has a better shot.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy