Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 03-18-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default 3/17 Clippers vs. Timberwolves

I know it's a day late, but I went to the game and wanted to share a few things:

1: In regards to the rumor that Smush Parker is gay, it's seemingly false. At halftime, I saw Smushy kiss a woman on the cheek, and I don't think it was his mom. It didn't really matter if he was gay or not, but I just thought I should quash the rumor.

2: Nick Fazekas, who got signed for the rest of the season today, ran very oddly. Does anybody know if he's hurt or anything? It looked like he had his ankels taped up, but I couldn't tell because the NBA socks look a lot like trainer tape. If somebody that sees his play in L.A. would follow up on this, and let me know if he continues his wobble, I would appreciate it.

3: As far as Fazekas played, he was extremely solid. He was our best rebounder on the floor when Powell wasn't out there. He looked hesitant to shoot, but with the contract secured, I suspect that he'll let it go a little bit more now, which is good, because he has a nice three-ball.

4: Al Thornton was obviously hurt. He only had 4 points, both off of extremely explosive one-on-one takes, but didn't shoot much from outside of the lame, with the exception of one or two outsiders. On one play, Mobley dished outside to Thornton, who pulled up like he was about to shoot, but then hesitated and passed it down to Powell. Mobley threw his hands in the air and yelled "Shoot Al!" Thornton let it roll off of his shoulders, and didn't respond. Mobley and Thornton, a few plays later, met at halfcourt, and exchanged a few seemingly friendly words. The point of the story is two things: Thornton is obviously not 100%, so don't expect his usual numbers for a few more games. Also, Thornton seemed like a very cool head. He also smiled and seemed to enjoy warmups. We can use as many cool heads during our "search for an identity" as we can get, and Al seems like a very mature kid to lead us.

5: Powell is a freaking beast. He had a double-double with 10 points and 1 rebounds, but the more amazing thing was his first half defense against Al Jefferson. Obviously, (their) Big Al heated up a lot in the 2nd half, partially due to a lot more effort to isolate him from Powell with picks and lane clogs, but Powell was right in Jefferson's face the entire first half, playing tough, yet also completly legal, defense. After seeing Powell's improvements throughout the year, there's not a doubt in my mind that Aaron Williams will be back next year, and I'm very, very skeptical that Paul Davis will be either. Although short, Powell is definitly capible of playing center, and is also that Q. Ross, hustler type player that we all know Dunleavy loves.

The last thing I noticed is that, even though they're in the midst of an extremely dissappointing and rough season, it appeared (to me anyway) that we still have a very passionate, tenacious, and close team. Consider that, even with 3 starters out (Livingston, Brand, and Kaman), a key player off of the bench coming back from injury (Thornton) and a flurry of new additions and subtractions (Losing leader Cassell and adding a rookie in Fazekas and a possible poison in Parker) the team played very tough and an outsider wouldn't have been able to tell that any of these guys weren't capible of starting. I heard some suprising words said from the players, but none of them were ever towards each other. They supported each other really well, and, regardless of our record, each one of you should feel proud to represent this team's fans. The growing pains the team is going through are a necessary evil, and the one thing I know now is that even if all of their fans give up on the Clippers, the Clippers themselves will never give up on the Clippers. With all of the injuries, players like Powell, Knight, Thornton, and Thomas have all become real NBA players, and will be an amazing bench once Brand, Kaman, and Livingston come back. Fasten your seatbelts, because success is still alive within the L.A. CLippers franchise, and success is much closer than it seems right now.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: