Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: In random news: Quentin Tarantino mentions his mother dated Wilt Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115

That made me laugh out loud.
    Haha, me too.

Default Re: In random news: Quentin Tarantino mentions his mother dated Wilt Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    His best days are far behind him. His best work still doesn't hold up in comparison to someone like Tarantino.
    To you, maybe. That doesn't make it so.

Lee's "Do the Right Thing" and Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" are probably considered the best from both directors. They're rated about the same by movie critics -- Lee (96%), Tarantino (95%).

I don't care for Tarantino, and much prefer Lee's work. Admittedly, the former has been more productive, of late, but some of his obsessions are ludicrous. His next step will be to claim that he's one of Chamberlain's illegitimate children.

Yes, Spike can be pompous, but at his best he made some of the most iconic movies in film history, and that should be acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    To you, maybe. That doesn't make it so.

Lee's "Do the Right Thing" and Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction" are probably considered the best from both directors. They're rated about the same by movie critics -- Lee (96%), Tarantino (95%).

I don't care for Tarantino, and much prefer Lee's work. Admittedly, the former has been more productive, of late, but some of his obsessions are ludicrous. His next step will be to claim that he's one of Chamberlain's illegitimate children.

Yes, Spike can be pompous, but at his best he made some of the most iconic movies in film history, and that should be acknowledged.
    Inside Man is the only really good picture he's done in the last 15 years and even that doesn't compare to Tarantino's work. At his best he was excellent, I wouldn't call him a historically great director though.

At his best he was excellent, I wouldn't call him a historically great director though.
    I would. He directed a movie that's on the list of all-time greats. What more proof do you need?

What the **** was so great about "Do the right thing"? Bunch of angry ghetto people burn down a store after a retarded black guy acts like a criminal in a private business, resists arrest and gets killed as a result. They even tried to burn down the poor asian guy's store for no reason.

What exactly was so historically deep, enlightening and "good" about the movie? The fact that some black folk are too narrow minded and emotional and riot at every opportunity? Like when Lakers win a championship they all get out and terrorize the streets for no reason.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Anyone that thinks Django disrespects victims of slavery they clearly haven't seen the movie. Its 100% about African American empowerment.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    What the **** was so great about "Do the right thing"? Bunch of angry ghetto people burn down a store after a retarded black guy acts like a criminal in a private business, resists arrest and gets killed as a result. They even tried to burn down the poor asian guy's store for no reason.

What exactly was so historically deep, enlightening and "good" about the movie? The fact that some black folk are too narrow minded and emotional and riot at every opportunity? Like when Lakers win a championship they all get out and terrorize the streets for no reason.

Excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Anyone that thinks Django disrespects victims of slavery they clearly haven't seen the movie. Its 100% about African American empowerment.
    Now Kurosawa was an example of a truly great director.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I can't wait for Spike Lee's reaction to QT's next movie, simply titled "N*gger."

this made me laugh. Btw Django is a damn good movie.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Excellent post

racist applauding a racist sentiment.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Now Kurosawa was an example of a truly great director.
    neither of these two could even sniff him.

Ironic indeed. Speaking of being narrow-minded, that actually defines what you've just said.

Why don't you go look at some lists of the top 100 all-time U.S. movies? You'll find "Do the Right Thing" there.

Apparently, people who judge movies professionally feel it deserves to be listed among the best. I'll trust their judgment over some ignorant, crappy message board poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    I'm a racist, how? Because I don't think Spike Lee is that great of a director? Because I don't think Do the Right Thing was groundbreaking? Go drive into a wall you worthless sack of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    I guess pointing out the obvious flaws in a movie and stating facts is racist nowadays.

Keep living in your bubble.

Keep living in your bubble.
    Someone who obviously lives in a bubble is accusing others of doing so.

Again, ironic indeed.