Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 10-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #286
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Default Re: 2017 Fall camp and pre-season!

Barton simply rolled his ankle. He practiced fully Tuesday and is “ready to go” for Wednesday’s season opener at Utah. “It was a little scary when it first happened, but I’m fine,” Barton said. – via Denver Post
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:18 PM   #287
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Exum said he saw three doctors and talked to “six or seven” more over the past week as he made a decision with input from his family, agent and the Jazz organization. “I’m confident with the decision I made,” he said. “That’s why we took a lot of time to make the right decision for me, not just this year but long term. There was a non-surgical option, but we evaluated that and it didn’t seem like the right choice for me at this time of my career.” – via Deseret News

Neither Exum nor Lindsey would speculate about a timeline for his return, although they hinted it could be for most of the season. “Right now, we’re not looking at that, just focusing the rehab and see where that takes us,” Exum said. “I’m not really putting a timeline on it at the moment. – via Deseret News
Old 10-18-2017, 02:52 AM   #288
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Rudy Gobert: Hate to see @Gordon Hayward go down like that. I know he will be back stronger and wish him the best recovery possible. – via Twitter rudygobert27
Old 10-18-2017, 02:54 AM   #289
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Quote:
Tim Bontemps: Brad Stevens says Gordon Hayward has a dislocated ankle and a fractured tibia. – via Twitter TimBontemps

isn't that about what Burks had? Could be well into next season before he's truly back if it is
Old 10-18-2017, 02:55 AM   #290
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

Utah Jazz ✔@utahjazz
Gordon and Robyn, our thoughts are with you and your family. All of Jazz Nation sending best wishes for a speedy recovery.
8:13 PM - Oct 17, 2017
Old 10-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #291
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46182006&ni...lindsey-speaks

Quote:
"Every single wing we have is a good ballhandler and decision maker. That's by design," Lindsey noted. "They'll take some of that responsibility."

all guys I'd rather have with the ball in their hands than Dante

Quote:
"It was a hard day for me yesterday. It's a difficult deal when you're a second round pick. I told Joel, Joel's agent, and even Randy Rahe, sometimes timing is everything in this league and in life," Lindsay said. "If he had joined this team three years ago, when we were a young developing team ... we're not that, at least not that for right now."

When the guy is better than many of the vets on the team it shouldn't matter. You need to be looking at a future with Rudy and Mitchell and Joel fit that better than at least a few guys on the roster

Quote:
Tony Jones @tribjazz
Tribune Sources: Joel Bolomboy, who the Jazz waived today, has robust interest on the open market. He is expected to clear waivers tomorrow
2:05 PM - Oct 16, 2017

Doubt he'll be out there long
Old 10-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #292
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/20...latest-injury/

Quote:
“Even after the surgery, Dante will be 22 years old, and we know that he’s a good basketball player,” Lindsey said.

actually we don't!

Quote:
Of the top five picks in the 2014NBA Draft, three — Dante Exum, Jabari Parker and Joel Embiid — have had amajor surgery of some kind. A fourth lottery pick — Zach Lavine — torehis ACL last year and is still recovering

Julius Randle?

Quote:
Exum was the best player during a loaded Jazz summer league in July.

4th year you would hope so

Quote:
He was making good reads out of the pick and roll for the first time in his career.

right!

Quote:
But Exum looked like a lottery pick who was set to make a significant impact in Quin Snyder’s rotation, and not a wobbly baby deer attempting to walk for the first time.

no he didn't!

Quote:
the team will keep two-way contract signee Nate Wolters around until the SLC Stars training camp ramps up

Too bad O'Neale wasn't on that dal instead

Quote:
no doubt, the Jazz will miss Exum’s length and athleticism coming off the bench.

there's plenty of doubt
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: