Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #16
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Official trade rumors/trade ideas thread of 2009 offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
LeBron is the farthest longshot ever, and Ming has already said he plans to finish his career in Houston.

I dont think Lebron is the farthest longshot ever. Him and Wade in florida doesn't sound too far fetched at all. Regardless the Heat have to put in a max offer for him, because only he knows what he wants to do. Likewise with Ming.

Quote:
Now onto Bosh vs. Amare: Bosh did a good job during the olympics guarding centers, and often guarded opposing centers before the JO trade to Toronto, and now that he plays alongside Bargnani, he also guards opposing centers. So it's something he's grown accustomed to, even if not neccessarily comfortable with. Amare came straight out and said he dislikes playing center, and doesn't want to do it again.

But on the other hand, although Bosh is a better half-court isolation player, Amare is the much better pick & roll player... and that's mainly what the Heat run. He's also is good in the open court, and I really think the Heat should run a quicker pace... it would help Wade, Cook, & Chalmers out alot. So it's really a toss up between them. But the main thing that still makes me want Bosh over Amare is his defense as a center. That would allow Beasley to stick to his natural position as a PF, and bring Bosh in as a starting center to replace JO. Plus, half court offense is what wins in the playoffs.

I still go with Amare over Bosh. Amare is a proven playoff superstar performer. Bosh tends to go missing under pressure and rely on short range J's.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #17
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

I'm thinking if we dont get a big name FA, I'd he happy with this lineup in '10

Mario
Wade
Travis Outlaw
Beasley
Tyson Chandler

Its a nice balanced lineup, and hopefully Beasley and Mario are stars in their own right
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #18
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

We'd need a better stating SF than Outlaw. He's a streak scorer, and can get hot... but he plays bad defense, and most importantly was ghost during the playoffs. With Chandler being only a supplementary scorer, you need more offense in the starting lineup.

I'd rather them take a look at Josh Howard. Dallas may or may not pick up his 2010-2011 option... but he's the type of SF the Heat would need. A guy who has range a little more consistent at the 3pt, plays good defense, and can create his own shot. Tayshaun Prince, Gerald Wallace, Ron Artest.... these guys all fit the mold I'd want.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #19
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
After re-signing Wade, hopefully signing Bosh, and re-signing either Haslem or JO, the Heat WILL be over the cap. There is no deadline or timetable limiting the Heat from using the MLE in 2010. Atleast not according to the NBA Salary Cap FAQ.

In 2010 we can either use our cap (which is what we will do) or use the MID, & LOW. But we can not use both.
I don't know where to look it up, but am positive of that.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #20
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
I dont think Lebron is the farthest longshot ever. Him and Wade in florida doesn't sound too far fetched at all. Regardless the Heat have to put in a max offer for him, because only he knows what he wants to do. Likewise with Ming.

I still go with Amare over Bosh. Amare is a proven playoff superstar performer. Bosh tends to go missing under pressure and rely on short range J's.

But Amare is a primadona that want to be the 1st option, plays NO defense, & has a history of not getting along with some of his teammates. Bosh is a more sensible, team oriented player. + Wade & Bosh are great friends. Wade, & Amare are acquaintance's. + Bosh wont throw a fit if he had to play Center at times. Amare will b!t<h & complaint.
There is a lot of little things that goes into making a championship team besides tallent.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Quote:

Mario
Wade
Travis Outlaw
Beasley
Tyson Chandler

Its a nice balanced lineup, and hopefully Beasley and Mario are stars in their own right

Why would you want to just be medeocer?
Old 06-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #22
Alonzo Magic
Mourning Glory

Quote:

Mario
Wade
Travis Outlaw
Beasley
Tyson Chandler

Dude that **** is awful....
Alonzo Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: