Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
Rnbizzle
Banned

Default Let's talk CRS

What do you guys think of CRS, the project Kanye, Lupe and Pharrell started a bunch of years ago, supposedly releasing a collab supergroup album?

Will they release it? It's been a while now..

What also interests me, where do you see these guys when they retire?
Kanye and Pharrell (Neptunes) all time great producers?
Lupe an all time great rapper maybe?
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Default Re: Let's talk CRS

I doubt they do anything. US Placers was years ago.

Plus now Lupe has his supergroup All City Chess Club, but I doubt they do anything significant either. They've only done that "I'm Beamin" remix. Kanye's too far gone as well
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

I like Pharrell a lot, but it seems like he should be so much more at this point in his career, he came into the game with a realness about him and an honest ethic towards the music. It felt like he was gonna change the game and take hip hop to a different level, he had his own style, he was experimental, had his own outlook and it was fresher than anything else at the time. Kid was like a skateboarding second coming of Q-Tip only this time with Mt. Rushmore potential. Ten years plus later and what are his most memorable tracks (Frontin? Maybe? Rock Star? dope when you first hear em, but no real lasting qualities).

Kind of a shame, I pegged the kid for greatness. He embodied and put out a lot of what I thought hip hop was missing, he was like this counter balance to all the nonsense out there at the height of bling nausea, but it never caught on en masse. Were the fans dumb, or do we really want hip hop to be a bunch of nursery rhyme club anthems and not anything deep, well thought out or poignant?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Rnbizzle
Banned

I don't know, I've seen some recent interviews where the name CRS got dropped a couple of times again. Lupe himself said a while ago they just need to get a bunch of days in the studio together. I'd love for this album to actually come out.

As for my other points;

I think when it's all said and done Kanye will be one of the GOATS in hiphop both for his producing and his own albums.

Lupe to me is one of the greatest lyricists of all time. When Food and Liquor 2 drops he'll prove it once again..

Lastly, Pharrell, has a crazy resume and so much musical talent.. I have him one notch below Kanye but the same kind of dude, crazy producer.. above average rapper. Great music overal.

thoughts?
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
bballer
King of ISH

bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: