Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast
    Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

I

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

The fact that either this or The Last of Us will be the second best game of the year, is true astonishing.

It also makes me a little sad that we're already pushing out a new generation of consoles. It feels like we're just starting to see these things pushed to capacity.

Now we're getting knew consoles for what? So my facebook friends can see that I spent all of Saturday night playing a game about mushroom zombies? I can live without that happening. Faster load times? Cloud storage?
    I'm only sort of kidding. And I'll have a PS4 pre-ordered along with Watchdogs.

But really, stuff just continues to get better on these systems, and not just in terms of my taste, which both of these hit, but what these companies are doing technically, just with the size and scope, and cinematically with their camera work, is all just worlds better it's ever been.

The details you can pick up on just this short vid are rediculous. Rhythmic mentioned how good the tennis and golf looked. The golf thing had a topspin control on screen. It could be as advanced as a real golf sim. And the quick shot of the cycling showed a stamina bar, making it look like that could even be the best road cycling sim ever.

I agree that the most exciting bit was watching the black guy (Franklin?) walk toward that factory looking building and seamlessly knock off those three guys shooting at him as he approached. The camera work looked flawless, and if they can nail that, the impact of the combat will be an enormous upgrade. I never played Max Payne, but if that's the spawn of this combat change, god bless it.

I still have some mild concerns, but I'd rather have them then know anymore, and they're all sort of taste driven storytelling type concerns. I'm not sure how crazy I'll be about the triple protaganist, especially of such archetype sort of characterizations. And the exploration is always the thing I loved most about these types of games, and I love the apparently the whole map is available right off the bat, and I can totally see myself driving around for that first week just finding little horseshit collectables, and doing side missions. But I do fear that it may wind up being too big. But as far as concerns, that's a short and frankly piceune list.

And I'm not even remotely an online type of player, but even I could get behind just exploring the city with a bunch of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    The fact that either this or The Last of Us will be the second best game of the year, is true astonishing.
    It's also insane how Bioshock Infinite will probably end up being my 3rd favorite game of the year.

I don't think GTA will beat out The Last of Us though.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Come on guys. This talk about GOTY with Last of Us, GTA V, and Bioshock Infinite, but and ignoring what other games that may come out this year!

Watch Dogs is probably going to come out this year. It's set for November release. Metal Gear Solid 5 may come out this year too. Both games look AMAZING. Great competition this year. It's like we get these great games a couple months after each other.

Banned

Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Come on guys. This talk about GOTY with Last of Us, GTA V, and Bioshock Infinite, but and ignoring what other games that may come out this year!

Watch Dogs is probably going to come out this year. It's set for November release. Metal Gear Solid 5 may come out this year too. Both games look AMAZING. Great competition this year. It's like we get these great games a couple months after each other.
    I'm a huge MSG fan, but at this point they're almost closer to movies than they are to video games. MSG IV is without a doubt the game with the longest cutscene time I've ever seen in my life.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku

Games like BioShock Infinite & TLoU don't come out every 2 months, we're lucky to have games of that caliber every 3 years. In regards to TLoU, once every decade.

GTA 5 will be GOY. Not Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us, Watch Dogs you name it.

Take a back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    GTA 5 will be GOY. Not Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us, Watch Dogs you name it.

Take a back seat.
    Uhm, if San Andreas was released this year; it wouldn't beat The Last of Us bro. So unless you're that confidant that GTA V will be better then San Andreas (best GTA to date), then it ain't beating TLoU.

But I hope you're right man. This game looks so promising. The shooting mechanics...I literally jizz my pants every time I watch that scene where Franklin is shooting like 7 dudes off the roofs in 3 seconds flat.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    This game will be better than San Andreas. It already has a bunch of things SA fanboys cried about when GTA 4 dropped. The graphics are better, shooting is better, playing with 3 characters where you can even switch back/forth between each one during a missing objective. Vehicles are better.

And we havent even begun to talk multiplayer. SA is outdated it wouldnt beat alot of games now.
    Like I said, it looks VERY promising but we still have to see if it is executed properly. TLoU is a nearly perfect game, execution wise. GTA is far more ambitious as a game, so a lot more can go wrong.

I am hopeful man. These two could potentially be the best games I've ever played and they are released within 6 months of each other.

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Banned

[QUOTE=rhythmic

[QUOTE=rhythmic