Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Default Re: Jeremy Lin

I've always had mixed feelings on Rondo and still can't make up my mind on whether he's a true star or just a product of the Big 3 Celtics.

I don't trust stats and I haven't seen enough of him throughout all his career so far to decide.

I think he's got great court vision and IQ and is a very good defender.
    But giving your opponents the legit option to leave you wide open is not something I'd love from my PG.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Maybe we can trade Pringles for Doc

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Lin should be benched. Too many people were telling me that he's just a rookie and that everyone should give him a break I think Lin needs to be benched because it would be holding his game accountable. Stat should be benched as well. I wish we had a tough as steel coach who would hold people accountable for poor defense and poor game play. A lesson lived is a lesson learned.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Lin should be benched. Too many people were telling me that he's just a rookie and that everyone should give him a break I think Lin needs to be benched because it would be holding his game accountable. Stat should be benched as well. I wish we had a tough as steel coach who would hold people accountable for poor defense and poor game play. A lesson lived is a lesson learned.
    I think minutes should be awarded to the guys based on who is playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    i don't see why Lin should be benched, everybody's entitled to a bad game when you play as well as Lin has and he wasn't horrible against the celtics. Baron is playing well in limited minutes but i don't think he's in good enough shape to play over 25 mpg.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Minutes and starting roles should be based on earned performance. Lin didn't necessarily put in ample work to acquire his starting role, but he damn sure did enough to keep it. While I'm not goo goo ga ga over him liek some of you are. His play shouldn't get him benched, especially since Baron has been turning over the ball just as much. I dont get why, after every game, we have to have turnover. Be patient guys. If we should be clamoring for any change, it should be a petition for D'Antoni to get fired. He's been CONSISTENTLY bad!

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Minutes and starting roles should be based on earned performance. Lin didn't necessarily put in ample work to acquire his starting role, but he damn sure did enough to keep it. While I'm not goo goo ga ga over him liek some of you are. His play shouldn't get him benched, especially since Baron has been turning over the ball just as much. I dont get why, after every game, we have to have turnover. Be patient guys. If we should be clamoring for any change, it should be a petition for D'Antoni to get fired. He's been CONSISTENTLY bad!
    Even if Baron outplayed Lin he said himself that he isn't healthy enough to play more than 15-20 minutes a night.

So Lin will remain our starter.

Lin needs to play his game.He's looking for his teammates too much,he should attack the basket and make plays from that.
    Baron also throws too many flashy and unnecessary passes which often lead to turnovers.

I agree about firing D'Antoni. Hopefully he'll be gone after the season.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]I think the league has made adjustments to Lin but the Knicks hasnt made adjustments to the adjustments. [/COLOR]

NBA rookie of the year

I don't think his court vision is as good as we thought it was. Better-than-Toney-Douglas can still need a lot of work.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]Why cant D'Antoni run screens and picks for Lin to free him up? Parker gets like 8 screens and picks for massive help![/COLOR]

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Red"]Why cant D'Antoni run screens and picks for Lin to free him up? Parker gets like 8 screens and picks for massive help![/COLOR]

the spurs are not focusing on lin the way the last few opponents have. lin can get into the lane whenever he wants vs the spurs yet almost all of his shots are from the perimeter

NBA rookie of the year

Linsanity is officially dead. Now we just have an undrafted, twice-cut Ivy Leaguer running point.

He Is Who I Thought He Was!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Jeremy Lin vs Carmelo Anthony is Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler, 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Jeremy Lin vs Carmelo Anthony is Danilo Gallinari vs Wilson Chandler, 2.0
    It's really not because theres even less of a comparison lol. The main knocks on Carmelo are his ball distribution and his defense but it's been Lin who's been getting lit up against the big competition.