Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: If Jordan didn't play for Wizards, he would be career 50% shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    the worst defensive era maybe. Serious? Now is by far the best defensive era, and it started around 2000
    I just glanced at this year's stats...

The NBA is shooting at an eFG% of .493. Subtract 3's, and the league would be still be shooting .478 from 2-pt shots.

There are currently 11 teams that have an eFG% of .503 or above, with Miami running away at .584.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

the worst defensive era maybe. Serious? Now is by far the best defensive era, and it started around 2000
    gosh we can't agree on this. Granted there was no 3 line but the '70s had better defense than now. And it's not close.

Serious playground baller miamiandorlando's Avatar

glad he did

It's cooler that he proved he can still dominate at 40 years old than shoot 50%

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    you don't think late '80s - '90s were the toughest defensive era?
    I know it was not. You had 5-6 top defensive teams just like today. Half of the league were just garbage. Much more than its today. I would even say that today you have more good individual defenders than back then. Best vs best, late '80s-90's were better. But as a league in whole, I would take today's competitiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    gosh we can't agree on this. Granted there was no 3 line but the '70s had better defense than now. And it's not close.
    doubt it.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    but he did
    at least he makes history

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

How did the topic of this thread become Wilt/his era? Why not create a parody thread instead of guiding this one off topic?

People mock others and then do the exact same thing themselves. Hypocrisy thy name is ISH.

What is it with both Jordan and Kobe stans always wanting to erase years of their careers? Do any other fan bases pull this shit?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    What is it with both Jordan and Kobe stans always wanting to erase years of their careers? Do any other fan bases pull this shit?
    he will never as gd as jordan,so who cares ????

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I don't say this lightly because it applies in your post.

But that's idiotic.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

I thought even with his Wizards days he still averaged 30 ppg on 50%?

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    If your momma didn't have braces, you wouldn't be born
    Damn that's a good one

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    I thought even with his Wizards days he still averaged 30 ppg on 50%?
    He did. 30.1 ppg on 49.7% FG, to be exact. Without the Wizards years he was at 51% FG actually.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    doubt it.
    defense is consistently a joke so far this year regardless of team (Pacers & Spurs significant exceptions). I've watched 30 games so far this season and have yet to see a game where the announcers don't make comments about how bad the defense is.

Take a look at 2014 season. Pace is 94.9 league wide. D-rating is 104
    Pace in 1974 was 107.8. D-rating? 94.9.
    season by season the league looks similar across both eras. Completely different levels. So explain then how defense is so great compared to back then.... why is defensive rating atrocious compared to pace --- like it has been all throughout the 2000s? Why is it so much better in that older era... if it's worse like you say?
    Look at shooting percentages across those eras. They are higher today because they get open looks, and lots of unimpeded drives (no defense). This is confirmed further when you look at free throws per shot attempt - virtually dead even at 2.07.

#1 reason is the 3 point line, but also reduced handchecking, no touch zone around the basket etc. etc. etc. combine to make defense non-existent compared to that time frame.
    Last edited by La Frescobaldi; 11-18-2013 at 09:49 PM.