Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #16
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: Morrison and Shannon Brown Traded for Vladamir Radmanovic.

More from Bonnell:

Quote:
Thoughts on the Bobcats' latest trade

Some postscripts to Saturday's trade:
-- By making another 2-for-1 deal, the Bobcats now have an open roster spot. If Cartier Martin continues to play well, he could be signed for the rest of the season. The other spot could be used to sign a veteran third point guard.
-- Acquiring Vladimir Radmanovic and Gana Diop in these last two trades have added about $9 million to the Bobcats' payroll for the 2010-11 season. They're at roughly $52 million. No telling what the salary cap will be by then, but many other teams are hoarding cap room for that spectacular free-agent class the summer of 2010.
I'm not surprised by this strategy. Managing partner Michael Jordan has said often he sees trades as the more reliable route to improvement, compared to wooing free agents.
-- Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson, who once called Radmanovic a "space cadet,'' can be brutally sarcastic in his critiques of players. That won't bode well for Adam Morrison, who's already had his self-confidence punctured.
-- When Radmanovic arrives, he'll be the 23rd player to make a game appearance for the Bobcats this season – by far the most in the NBA. I told general manager Rod Higgins he'd make more money if he charged the team by transaction.
-- I'll be curious to see how Radmanovic adapts to Larry Brown's priorities. Brown believes strongly in driving the ball, and that's not Radmanovic's strength.
Posted by Observer Interactive on February 8, 2009 at 01:27 PM | Permalink
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #17
JJ81
Good college starter

Radman's debut tonight. Good luck to him.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #18
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
Radman's debut tonight. Good luck to him.

5 of 10, 4 rebounds, 2 assists for 13 points without even a practice with the team! He also plays decent D and has decent vision. He stepped in for a charge on one play and denied Thornton a couple of times.

Better than Ammo has done all year.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #19
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~spectre~
5 of 10, 4 rebounds, 2 assists for 13 points without even a practice with the team! He also plays decent D and has decent vision. He stepped in for a charge on one play and denied Thornton a couple of times.

Three three-pointers in the fourth quarter.......
I think we did real good with this trade.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #20
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Quote:
No too difficult
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:58 AM   #21
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

Quote:

I think Radmanovic's very excited to play for the Bobcats - more minutes on court.
That team chemistry thing is for real - anyone who plays NBA 2K9 knows what I'm saying.
Good teams usually have high team chemistry that boosts up the players performance in all categories, while bad teams are likely to have low team chem and it decreases all ratings by a significant margin, but not only that, players with low morale can screw up the locker room atmosphere, such as problems in Golden State (i.e. Crawford & Magette conflict), making the team close to dysfunctional.

A big man with the ability to hit many threes is always destructive to opponents' defense. And Radmanovic's 28 years old so he can still improve his skills a bit.

Charlotte threw in two role players for a guy with starter mentality and experience. I believe Radmanovic can really help out or back up Wallace and Diaw with his shooting and size (2 inches taller than Diaw). The only problem's that he'll have to change a lot under Brown's system.

Charlotte's front office has been doing an amazing job of dumping inconsistent and incompatible players (i.e. Richardson, Carroll, Hollins, now Morrison and Brown).

Now lets see what can we gain from trading Felton. Actually, as long as Mohammed's gone I'm happy with it.

Screw the 2010 free agency thing; this is the best chance to acquire great players at a low cost (i.e. many teams are looking for salary relief instead of maintaining their core).

All we need to do is to convince Larry Brown to not retire after next season...It's damn hard to get a legendary coach and by the way this season, in my opinion, is the worst year for head coaches. So far, if I'm not wrong, four has been replaced and a few are on the edge of letting go. (P.J. Carlesimo, Eddie Jordan, Sam Mitchell, and Kevin McHale...possible candidates now include Mike Dunleavy, Don Nelson, Terry Porter, and Michael Curry). Charlotte knows what bad coaches can do: they screw up the roster. Remember Sam Vincent? what a horrible experience brought by Jordan.

Last edited by acidbasesalt : 02-10-2009 at 02:06 AM.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #22
liverpooty
Local High School Star

I like the fact that Charlotte has been acquiring, and trading for players with a winning mentality. Radman coming from the Lakers, Bell and Diaw from the suns, Howard who has been thru it all. Bringing in players who are accustomed to winning as opposed to players who lose alot count for more than what people realize, I dont care what the talent level is.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: