Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast
    Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

Default Re: Mysterious Death of Elisa Lam

At the :54 mark of the elevator video she clearly sees or hears something that startles her, like she's been noticed but then tries to hold it together. At the 1:58 mark when she starts making the weird hand gestures it's like she is beside herself as to why the elevator doors weren't closing, like she was trying to interact with them in some way. She was absolutely paralyzed with fear at this point. It also seems like she was interacting with someone, pleading. I don't see why a girl who was traveling to a different country would start doing drugs in a sketchy hotel all alone in a city that was foreign to her and then somehow end up naked and dead in a water tank, especially if she has no known history of this sort of behavior.

This was murder, and honestly I can't watch that video without tears welling up in my eyes. I hope justice will be served.

It'll be suicide when it's all said and done. Her older blog posts, the queuing up of her Tumblr posts to keep making posts after she's gone all point to her leaving the world on her terms. The elevator I've come to suspect is nothing more than watching a young lady at odds with herself in her final hours.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    It'll be suicide when it's all said and done. Her older blog posts, the queuing up of her Tumblr posts to keep making posts after she's gone all point to her leaving the world on her terms. The elevator I've come to suspect is nothing more than watching a young lady at odds with herself in her final hours.
    whats the link to her blog / tumblr?

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

I'm not arguing she didn't die by her own fault, but who plans suicide by climbing into a water tank of a hotel naked?

She was either on drugs or murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    I'm not arguing she didn't die by her own fault, but who plans suicide by climbing into a water tank of a hotel naked?

The police never actually said she was naked.

noobie here's her Tumblr

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com

There's also a blog that she used before tumblr I have to scrounge that one up, i didn't book mark the vancouver newspaper i found it on, it was posted by somebody in the comments section or you can search for it by adding "vancouver" to "elisa lam"

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13

I think she was likely on drugs and paranoid.

She gained access to the roof and climbed into something to try and hide from whatever demons were in her mind.

Crappy way to go, however it happened.

Just saw the video. She's acting the way a mentally ill child would playing with an elevator. I don't think anyone's out there and she has to be on some type of drug. Her mind is definitely altered in some way

The police never actually said she was naked.

noobie here's her Tumblr

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com

There's also a blog that she used before tumblr I have to scrounge that one up, i didn't book mark the vancouver newspaper i found it on, it was posted by somebody in the comments section or you can search for it by adding "vancouver" to "elisa lam"
    After scrolling through her tumblr.. does look like she has some issues.

How can people read so much into grainy footage? She looks calm at the beginning of the video and looks like she gets frustrated. You can see that the elevator door was about to close, but didn't because she pressed the 'door hold' button. That's when she seems to get frustrated. She pops her head out to see if anyone is in the hallway who might've pressed the button. Then, it looks like her frustration grows when the door still doesn't close. It kind of appears as if she's wondering if someone is messing with her now since the door still won't close. It almost seems like she's trying to catch someone in the act of pressing the button and then hiding, but maybe I'm reading too far into it with that. When she goes out into the hall, then that's when she starts acting erratically. Is she scared or is she just frustrated? Too bad the footage is grainy or we might have a better idea what was going on there.

Why are some people saying the only roof access was through a locked door with an alarm while other places are saying: "Police said the only routes to the roof where her body was found were via a fire escape, or a locked, alarmed door accessible only to hotel staff"?

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Let's disagree to disagree. I still don't think that is her foot if you make a detailed observation frame by frame, but it doesn't matter:

1. Her pushing multiple buttons is not a psychotic action. She is doing it to buy time.

2. Her flailing her arms around is also an act of rationality since she is doing sign language.

Conclusion: this rules out the possibility she is on drugs and the acts are irrational behaviour.

So the REAL question is: how did a perfectly sane girl end up in a water bin.
    1. Thats gotta be the slowest possibly way to get away from someone, by pressing every floor...

2. If she knew sign language i think that it would have been reported by now

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    1. Thats gotta be the slowest possibly way to get away from someone, by pressing every floor...

2. If she knew sign language i think that it would have been reported by now
    1. It is either stupid or pretty damn smart, and since she is asian, I will choose the latter. This is what I am guessing: first button she pushes will be the floor she wants to go to, then she pushes 5 other buttons, so this means the elevator will take her to the floor she wants to go to first, and then stops at every floor before it comes back to the floor where the suspect is at.

2. She is doing sign language. I do not know the first gesture, but I do recognize her saying she "doesn't know" and then gesturing "friend," so clearly she is talking to someone and not merely flailing her arms around like a maniac.

- If the water tank doors were locked ( like they should have been) then it pretty much eliminates suicide.

- If she did want to kill herself, Knowing how to get on the buildings roof/open the water tanks door/climb inside seems a bit of a task...

- especially for a 21 year old woman who never been to the Hotel before.

- IMO very hard to see suicide by the way she was found....

Hume>Kunt.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    1. It is either stupid or pretty damn smart, and since she is asian, I will choose the latter. This is what I am guessing: first button she pushes will be the floor she wants to go to, then she pushes 5 other buttons, so this means the elevator will take her to the floor she wants to go to first, and then stops at every floor before it comes back to the floor where the suspect is at.

2. She is doing sign language. I do not know the first gesture, but I do recognize her saying she "doesn't know" and then gesturing "friend," so clearly she is talking to someone and not merely flailing her arms around like a maniac.
    alphawolf is asian and hes dumb as ****. Your first point is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - If the water tank doors were locked ( like they should have been) then it pretty much eliminates suicide.

- If she did want to kill herself, Knowing how to get on the buildings roof/open the water tanks door/climb inside seems a bit of a task...

- especially for a 21 year old woman who never been to the Hotel before.

- IMO very hard to see suicide by the way she was found....
    the vids shot by the Chinese investigators show no locks on the lids. they also don't show any hasps or spots to place locks.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Don't know why I've been reading the thread title as "Mysterious Death Of Lisa Ann". I get a little sad inside every time I see it.
    Because you're racist