Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-18-2007, 05:48 AM   #1
bruzzes
I brick open layups

bruzzes has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Durant for McGrady?

Offered Tracy for Kevin Durant.

Known for unknown...

I have Durant for around 20 pts, 8 Reb 4 Assists...really I am just guessing. Durant will start out at shooting guard but will also play SF later or a mix. He will have a while to adjust. Rebounds might be too high at shooting guard.

My team is here...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58717

With Rafer Alston added and Kevin Lowry dropped.

Should I make this trade?
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
arkain
Local High School Star

arkain has decent reputation
Default Re: Trade Durant for McGrady?

Hell yea, man do it, McGrady is a proven All-star, and the new system up in Houston is going to help him even more. McGrady 25/6/6/1/1 whats not to like?
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Dodey23
I airball my layups

Dodey23 has an OK reputation so far

Even with ROY stats Durant wont beat out McGrady for value.

And reports are indicating his defense isnt near NBA ready
Dodey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #4
bruzzes
I brick open layups

Thanks guys!

My first reaction was to jump on this as quick as possible.

I accepted the trade .
Old 10-18-2007, 10:45 PM   #5
zhukeeper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

zhukeeper has an OK reputation so far

good trade.

tmac carries the injury risk but durant carries the uncertainty risk. i would prefer to see some substance before considering durant besides, durant might ALSO be an injury risk.

durant will be the #1 player in seattle, which gives him free reign to do whatever, but I think his numbers will be volatile and all over the place. there's really no real way of knowing how he will do.
zhukeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #6
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzzes
I have Durant for around 20 pts, 8 Reb 4 Assists
I'm glad you took McGrady because he's worth so much more than Durant unless it's a keeper league. But where were you coming up with that statline? Sure 20 points. But 8 rebounds and 4 assists? Durant hasn't grabbed 8 or more rebounds once in either the summer league or the preseason. I'm thinking more along the lines of 5-6 boards.
4 assists is just ridiculous for a guy that averaged 1.3 in college and hasn't dished for more than 2 in the preseason and summer league. His career high in college is 4.
He's playing the SG position instead of the PF position he played in college so you can say goodbye to that 1.9 block average he had at Texas. He's only blocked one shot in all of summer league and preseason play.

Realistic Durant predictions for this season

45% FG
81% FT
2 3PTM
20 PTS
5 REB
1 AST
1.5 STL
0.5 BLK
3 TO
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:09 AM   #7
bruzzes
I brick open layups

http://fantapedia.net/node/267

With Collison and Wilcox both inside and Durant being one of the tallest guards this year, I am sure he will have the opportunities to average close to 4 assists. Again, this is my own analysis.

Of course he will take some time to adjust to the next level, but talented people have a tendency to produce even while learning. The advantage here, that unlike LeBrons first two months in the league, where he was uncertain of his role and just sat on the perimeter due to a coaches normal reaction to play to the vets, Durant's team is young and he will be an integral part of the team from the get-go.

Pre-season stats are totally irrelevant when gaging potential, as players are moved around and coaches are looking for various combos.

Still, I respect everyones opinions and you may be right in stating yours.

Thank you for your input.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #8
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzzes
http://fantapedia.net/node/267

With Collison and Wilcox both inside and Durant being one of the tallest guards this year, I am sure he will have the opportunities to average close to 4 assists. Again, this is my own analysis.

Of course he will take some time to adjust to the next level, but talented people have a tendency to produce even while learning. The advantage here, that unlike LeBrons first two months in the league, where he was uncertain of his role and just sat on the perimeter due to a coaches normal reaction to play to the vets, Durant's team is young and he will be an integral part of the team from the get-go.

Pre-season stats are totally irrelevant when gaging potential, as players are moved around and coaches are looking for various combos.

Still, I respect everyones opinions and you may be right in stating yours.

Thank you for your input.
That may be your analysis but your analysis has Durant doing something he has not been able to do in college or in professional games so far. It's like saying Amare Stoudamire's going to average 4 assists this season when he's never even averaged 2.

You can't use LeBron as an example to say Durant is going to produce assists because LeBron actually had a history of facilitating his teammates (averaged 6 assists in high school). Durant doesn't have a history of doing it. Will he have an opportunity to do it? Sure. But it's highly unlikely.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #9
bruzzes
I brick open layups

After looking at the NBA stats for shooting guards and SF, and finding some prominent names that average closer to two assists per game, I will defer to your judgment.

It defies my common sense as stated in my last post, but the stats bear you out.

Thank you for your analysis. It makes me feel better about the trade and may help other participants who face a similar decision.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: