Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

Default Re: Next big man to score 40+ in the playoffs?

Dirk Nowitzki

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

One that completely slipped my mind was LMA as well he would have to easily be one of the favourites if the Blazers get a bit more depth next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    D12 could* certainly do it if only Kobe would pass him the ball.

*could
    [kood; unstressed kuhd] Show IPA

- used to express possibility
    - used to express conditional possibility or ability

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/could
    Rofl. "D12" was horrible in the playoffs w/ Kobe on the sidelines. Go kill yourself you desperate bandwagon f@ggot. Spurs 1-0 ROFLLLLLLLLL

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Love could do it. Don't know if Wolves can make the playoffs though.
    Yeh Love with his 3s wouldn't surpise me if he scored 40+ in the playoffs.

The biggest problem for him is gettin there

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

After watching Dirk's Chicago game...... in which he:

35 points (14-17 FG)
    7 rebounds

And he scored like the last 8-10 points for the Mavs to win the game...... he still can do it.

Last edited by Locked_Up_Tonight; 06-07-2013 at 09:31 AM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Yeah it's somewhat of an arbitrary number but I think there's a big difference between a 30 point game (in the playoffs) and a 40. Thanks for looking those up.
    No question, I mean if you look at how few 40 point playoff games even the best scorers and players have put up in the playoffs, it shows it is significant to put up a number of them. I mean, Bird only had 5.

I could see Dwight doing it especially in any offense he feels comfortable in, which at this point I think would be anywhere outside LAL. I'm thinking Houston's offense would be kind to him, lots of lobs, passes from Harden/Parsons, and a fast pace so he could operate in the paint without defenses dialing in on him as quickly.
    Yeah, if he's healthy, he'd be a good candidate if he goes to Houston(and that's where I see him going if he leaves LA) Houston loves to shoot 3s which could make him a good fit, much like Orlando. I'd be interested to see how the dynamic with Harden would work out, though.

Amare's scoring certainly comes to mind (being a Spurs fan). His scoring was beastly. Although the Spurs defense was kind of geared for him to go off and it was a Stockton-Malone kind of relationship in Phoenix. Still it was sick.
    Yeah, I thought he had a few because of that Spurs series, and remembered a few big games aside from that. Not to say the context you mentioned isn't important, but still impressive. He did average 25+ in a season 3 times, including 1 without Nash, so there's no question he could score.

Robinson's 1 forty+ point game surprises me more than Kareem, but in another way it doesn't. Just didn't feel that was his nature, despite being what would easily be a top-3 scorer in todays league let alone his own league.
    Didn't really surprise me much for the reason you stated. And because he didn't have a ton of playoff games before the back injury. Only 53, which obviously limits the chance. His 40 point game was actually a 40/20 game vs the Suns in the '96 first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    After watching Dirk's Chicago game...... in which he:

35 points (14-17 FG)
    7 rebounds

And he scored like the last 8-10 points for the Mavs to win the game...... he still can do it.

No question he's still a capable player. I just wouldn't bet on it since he's 35, averaged 17 ppg and 31 mpg this season and has had more injuries in recent years than he did much of his career.

Blake, LMA, ZBo

Imma say big Drew Bynum though

Very good NBA starter

Did you clowns watch Dwight in the playoffs?

No question he's still a capable player. I just wouldn't bet on it since he's 35, averaged 17 ppg and 31 mpg this season and has had more injuries in recent years than he did much of his career.
    Understand that thinking. But his usage rate was way down in the regular season. It is always that way in the regular season. Dirk has always been one of those players (like Duncan) who doesn't care much about stats in the regular season. So it isn't that he coasts per se he just doesn't ratchet it up until the games really matter. And a meaningless game in January against Charlotte doesn't really matter. The Mavs are going to win so Dirk doesn't try and go out there and get "his"......

But in the playoffs? His usage rate increases and he looks to score a lot more. So while the odds are definitely against him scoring that much again.... I wouldn't put it past him......

Dunking on everybody in the park

People saying Nowitzki... Dirk is an amazing player... one of the best in the NBA... but it clearly says Big man... you know as in Howard, Shaq, Bynum, etc.

The odds says that the next will be Howard... Im sure he did it with Orlando.

People saying Nowitzki... Dirk is an amazing player... one of the best in the NBA... but it clearly says Big man... you know as in Howard, Shaq, Bynum, etc.
    http://youtu.be/6YECQLJV2fY

http://youtu.be/0lIAGHHGkXU

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Love could do it. Don't know if Wolves can make the playoffs though.
    If they keep this year's team together and don't have all the injuries , they will be in the playoffs next season.
    Their roster as designed would have been a 4 or 5 seed this season in the West but injuries destroyed them.
    If Shved is hot from 3, Love could get 50 in a playoff game

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    If they keep this year's team together and don't have all the injuries , they will be in the playoffs next season.
    Their roster as designed would have been a 4 or 5 seed this season in the West but injuries destroyed them.
    If Shved is hot from 3, Love could get 50 in a playoff game
    Yeah Twolves, healthy are def a playoff team but the problem is there 4 main guys are all injury prone as, Ak47, Pek, KLove & Rubio always miss time. If they get get a athletic SG (draft/trade) who can finish well on breaks imo they are not a team you wanna mess around with in the playoffs. I really hope they all stay healthy I want to see what this team can do.

Does Lebron counts as a big man? Because he has score 40+ a couple of times...

Very good NBA starter

bump for some last minute predictions

Griffin's had a solid season could see him getting hot in the right circumstances