Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #91
BullRaps
I airball my layups

BullRaps has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ford: Suns' big contract shed might be... Amare???

If this trade does go though, it is quite ironic. If I'm correct, I believe the Suns traded the draft pick that turned out to be Deng 3 years ago. Now they want him.

I think at the moment, Gasol is a better overall offensive player than Amare. Maybe even defensively too because he has more size. However, I'm not sure if he'll be effective in the suns up-tempo style.
BullRaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #92
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull33
If Marion leaves, the Suns' deffense is affected dramatically, and also, The Suns without Marion will no longer be a successful fastbreak team.

exactly Suns fans dont realize that guys like MArion dont grow on trees.

Without Marion there floor spacing and defense are going to change. There isnt anyone in the league that can fill in for what Marion does for the Suns. The rebounding, the finishing ability, the defense, and the floor spacing and the versatility.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #93
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The suns can survive a season without Amare and they proved it last year, but definitely not in the playoffs. You can only be on fire from the perimeter for so long.
Exactly once the playoffs come around you need a big man down low that can score and get the other team in foul trouble. No one on the Suns could get to the line last year when games slowed down.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #94
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
exactly Suns fans dont realize that guys like MArion dont grow on trees.

Without Marion there floor spacing and defense are going to change. There isnt anyone in the league that can fill in for what Marion does for the Suns. The rebounding, the finishing ability, the defense, and the floor spacing and the versatility.

No I agree that Marion is a very versitle player and D'Antoni would have to atler there offensive game plan a lil but I can see this team still being a very up temp team.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #95
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation
Thumbs down Re: Ford: Suns' big contract shed might be... Amare???

nonsense.
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #96
wild orchid
Serious playground baller

wild orchid has no real reputation yet.

I never thought about it but I think the Suns have the best shot of getting KG out of all the teams in the west. They are the only team that has the pieces the Minnesota would be willing to accept.
wild orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:19 PM   #97
wild orchid
Serious playground baller

wild orchid has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns#1
Iam not convinced he will become sharper and better next year. Those operations to both knees last year are not going to disapear. Mabey he is still bothered by his knees and management will want to unload him while he is hot. Just an idea, I personally think he will be great for some time to come.

Actually I hear Amare and his entourage are a headache to deal with behind the scenes.
wild orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: