Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: When do "bandwagon" fans become regular fans?

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    also, if you are only a fan of a team because of a player (in other words, you will stop rooting for that team after the player leaves or retires) you are a bandwagoneer.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    What we you talking about I said IMO its to early to compare Mj & Lebron on an all time scale ?
    Yes, and u said its part of ur anti James attitude (its in ur post).....I'm merely saying its the same kind of hype and hate MJ received before he earned it...

Just saying hating sumone to counteract bandwagoning is just as whack...it might be another MJ story so....

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

What if you are just a fan of an individual player in the NBA? Does that make you a bad person?

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    What if you are just a fan of an individual player in the NBA? Does that make you a bad person?
    No.

Look, if my cousin gets drafted by an NBA team, whatever fcuking team it is, that's the team I'm gonna be a fan of and I'm ditching my team. Call that bandwagon if you want, but thats what I would do.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I really don't mind bandwagon fans. is it really wrong to cheer for a team because they play the game the right way as opposed to where they are geographically located?

Edit: Also if there were no such thing as bandwagon fans and everyone was a hardcore fan there would be little reason for a team to try and get better.
    Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb; 02-24-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I really don't mind bandwagon fans. is it really wrong to cheer for a team because they play the game the right way as opposed to where they are geographically located?

Edit: Also if there were no such thing as bandwagon fans and everyone was a hardcore fan there would be little reason for a team to try and get better.
    I'm a strong believer that teams should earn their fanbase. Look at it like this, even if there are a lot of LeBron bandwagoners, Cleveland should have done what it takes to keep LeBron and his fanbase. That's business.

Either make your team interesting, good or both. You'll earn fans.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

TTT

Chip L'Huile

Fans of bad teams are much more of a fan than fans of teams like the Lakers or Celtics. Most of them only saw who was the best team at the time they started watching basketball and its usually one of the two. Rarely endure hard times and live in a fairytale world with their team.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Fans of bad teams are much more of a fan than fans of teams like the Lakers or Celtics. Most of them only saw who was the best team at the time they started watching basketball and its usually one of the two. Rarely endure hard times and live in a fairytale world with their team.
    I'm sorry, but that's fcuking idiotic. If you grew up in Boston, what are you supposed to do? Be a Wizards fan? Why? So random forum posters will respect you as a "real fan"? Really bro?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I'm sorry, but that's fcuking idiotic. If you grew up in Boston, what are you supposed to do? Be a Wizards fan? Why? So random forum posters will respect you as a "real fan"? Really bro?
    Don't try to tell me a Lakers fan has just as much Fandom as a f*cking Bucks fan. It takes something strong to be a Bucks fan, Lakers not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Don't try to tell me a Lakers fan has just as much Fandom as a f*cking Bucks fan. It takes something strong to be a Bucks fan, Lakers not so much.
    You ever been to LA. I can tell you there are plenty of absolutely rabid fans. Why do you think there is so much pressure for the team to succeed? Why, because nobody cares? That make sense to you?

You think Bucks fans or Bobcats fans are as demanding of success? For real?