Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #46
Mr.GOAT2408
Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Does Goodell favor the Patriots?

I definitely have my suspicions with the Patriots but overall it boils down to them being more well-coached then the other team. Patriots culture permeates and it all begins with management, they're like the Spurs of football.

Belichick has done a great job of consistently fielding a great defense outside of a few seasons where they were average at best defensively, and the offense is well built around Brady's strengths and strong o-line play. It's hard to stop that. Usually teams have one of those down but very rarely does a team have both sides of the ball down.
Mr.GOAT2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:06 AM   #47
Duderonomy
Not having a good time

I'm starting to think it is rigged. The Saints probably would have beaten the Patriots. The Rams only needed to make it there to hype up the new stadium, A SB win would probably hurt the Rams Franchise because everything else besides another Ring would be a slide down. An NBA equivalent nobody is going to care about the Warriors when they go back to 45-48 wins.

And although many here dislike LeBron or the Patriots. Familiarity put more eyeballs on the tube that's why you don't see franchises like the Chiefs or Pacers win deciding games.

It's like a well booked WWE storyline.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:33 AM   #48
ImKobe
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderonomy
I'm starting to think it is rigged. The Saints probably would have beaten the Patriots. The Rams only needed to make it there to hype up the new stadium, A SB win would probably hurt the Rams Franchise because everything else besides another Ring would be a slide down. An NBA equivalent nobody is going to care about the Warriors when they go back to 45-48 wins.

And although many here dislike LeBron or the Patriots. Familiarity put more eyeballs on the tube that's why you don't see franchises like the Chiefs or Pacers win deciding games.

It's like a well booked WWE storyline.

Based on what? You think the Saints are better than the Rams or Chiefs?

Didn't they have the ball to win it in OT? Didn't a facemask also get uncalled in their favor in the 4th?
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:50 AM   #49
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

They didn't want their great player that has a history of success become an afterthought and end up with a near .500 record in super bowls they called some BS holding penalty on the Rams... to KILL their drive. Rams weren't doing shit all game but refs have to call something bogus to take momentum and stomp it out

You figure you put the game on a neutral field there will be less rigging... but nope. Not to mention all those scumbag bandwagoners that are now Pats fans crowding out the arena and making it another homegame for the Pats
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:54 AM   #50
ImKobe
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
They didn't want their great player that has a history of success become an afterthought and end up with a near .500 record in super bowls they called some BS holding penalty on the Rams... to KILL their drive. Rams weren't doing shit all game but refs have to call something bogus to take momentum and stomp it out

You figure you put the game on a neutral field there will be less rigging... but nope. Not to mention all those scumbag bandwagoners that are now Pats fans crowding out the arena and making it another homegame for the Pats

So refs didn't also call penalties on the Patriots that killed some of their drives?

I guess the refs made Cooks drop a TD, or make Gilmore run 20 yards to save what would have been a wide open TD for Cooks, they also made Goff miss wide open receivers in the middle of the field.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:38 PM   #51
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
So refs didn't also call penalties on the Patriots that killed some of their drives?

I guess the refs made Cooks drop a TD, or make Gilmore run 20 yards to save what would have been a wide open TD for Cooks, they also made Goff miss wide open receivers in the middle of the field.
Name me drive killing penalties on the Patriots that weren't legit. As a matter of fact, I remember them giving a BS helmet to helmet against the Rams that extended a drive for the Pats. Let's not forget the pass interference on that throw, that prob had an effect on dude dropping the perfect pass.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #52
JohnnySic
green is good

The Pats didnít win because of 1 or 2 questionable calls. The Pats won because they were the better team for 60 minutes. The Pats didnít make Goff underthrow his receivers and miss wide open targets that could have resulting in tdís. Haters gonna hate. Please.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:55 PM   #53
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Quote:
Name me drive killing penalties on the Patriots that weren't legit. As a matter of fact, I remember them giving a BS helmet to helmet against the Rams that extended a drive for the Pats. Let's not forget the pass interference on that throw, that prob had an effect on dude dropping the perfect pass.

You're a damn liar.

I remember multiple drive killing non-calls where Pat receivers were being held on third down throws.
stalkerforlife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #54
ImKobe
NBA Legend

Quote:

There were a few penalties uncalled, like when Donald grabs Brady by his shoulderpads and just flips him after Brady throws the ball away. This could have been a penalty for roughing the passer.

There was one on Edelman that should have been called a hold, otherwise they convert what I believe was a 3rd & 10.

Refs allowed physical play on both sides in this game. Rams lost because they got outplayed on both ends, simple as that.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:20 AM   #55
DaHeezy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
There were a few penalties uncalled, like when Donald grabs Brady by his shoulderpads and just flips him after Brady throws the ball away. This could have been a penalty for roughing the passer.

There was one on Edelman that should have been called a hold, otherwise they convert what I believe was a 3rd & 10.

Refs allowed physical play on both sides in this game. Rams lost because they got outplayed on both ends, simple as that.
Meh. Rams didn't get outplayed. Brady and O were just as underwhelming. Rams were just more underwhelming. No adjustments. Kept Gurley off the field. Poor execution. No risk taking. The better team didn't really win. The worst team played very bad football offensively.

I lol at all these people that called this a chess match. Lol. Yeah, if one side replaced the rooks with pawns. Best offensive weapons either didn't show or weren't utilized.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: