Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2019, 08:42 AM   #16
scuzzy
cheeks get clapped
 
scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Berea
Posts: 11,954
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

keep praying that your schedule doesn't doesn't see us on it
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:17 AM   #17
scuzzy
cheeks get clapped
 
scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Berea
Posts: 11,954
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Jarvis Landry, Kareem hunt, and Odell Beckham


scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:34 AM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,807
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Ahem.


What's up, guys? Anything happening?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:43 AM   #19
imdaman99
Knicks all da way
 
imdaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 24,853
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Despite giants fans being split on Odell, I always loved him. I loved what he brought to the team, and the old farts cheering for them always had issues because he was loud and swaggy. I will root for him on the Browns, especially since I already like Mayfield

At least I will root for him until he shits on the Giants
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:44 PM   #20
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 8,381
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

great trade for the giants imo
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:37 AM   #21
DocSlam
I rule the local playground
 
DocSlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 542
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

I'm afraid I might sprain something when I jump up and down celebrating a Browns Super Bowl Win!

I'm not as young as I used to be..
DocSlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #22
DukeDelonte13
NBA All-star
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,070
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
great trade for the giants imo


I think it's bad. it's a brownsian type of trade. The trades the team used to make when they were dysfunction and their star players were disgruntled.

Trading a playmaker for chance to maybe land a playmaker is never a good move. I've suffered through my team making those kinds of deals for a very long time.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #23
scuzzy
cheeks get clapped
 
scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Berea
Posts: 11,954
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
I think it's bad. it's a brownsian type of trade. The trades the team used to make when they were dysfunction and their star players were disgruntled.

Trading a playmaker for chance to maybe land a playmaker is never a good move. I've suffered through my team making those kinds of deals for a very long time.
Braylon Ewards + Winslow
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:36 PM   #24
bladefd
The Renaissance man
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 8,286
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
great trade for the giants imo

Only great if Giants' 1st rounder pays off.. If they don't draft well then they just lost a guaranteed superstar.. I don't usually support such a move unless if it's an aging superstar or something. Definitely not worth it for a young superstar who just entered his prime and re-signed with you long-term.. Why move him?

In the end, I suspect Giants will regret it.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 27,807
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
great trade for the giants imo
In true Browns fan form, I was beside myself when the trade was reported -- not in glee, but anger. I thought it was way too much to give up. After being inundated with nothing but love from the media and casual fans (even a lot of diehards who know stuff), I've come around on it ... but I still think it was a lot to give up and I'm not sure what kind of impact OBJ will have on our locker room.

The good:

*OBJ is only 26 years old. This isn't an Antonio Brown situation where, not only are you taking a chance on a guy as a potential locker room cancer, but he is also pretty old for the position. OBJ should be in his athletic prime for the balance of his contract.

*His "best friend" is standing next to him as arguably the best traditional slot receiver in the NFL and he and Baker seem to already have a relationship.

*Freddie Kitchens showed a real knack for coming up with interesting formations and ways to keep everyone involved and on the same page.


The bad:

*I really enjoyed Jabrill Peppers in the last half of the 2018 season. I think he could have a few Pro Bowls in him and he was on a cost-controlled contract for the foreseeable future. He is also a leader in the locker room.

*OBJ is already talking about getting a new contract. So, here we go with that nonsense.

*We have a lot of egos in the locker room.



I'm torn, not celebrating like every other Browns fan I know.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:10 PM   #26
bladefd
The Renaissance man
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 8,286
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Quote:
The NFL has suspended Cleveland Browns running back Kareem Hunt for the first eight games of the upcoming season for violating its personal conduct policy, the league announced.

Uhh, he is back after just 8 games. The Browns offense *mindblown*
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:24 AM   #27
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12
 
Doomsday Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ?
Posts: 17,093
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #28
DukeDelonte13
NBA All-star
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,070
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
In true Browns fan form, I was beside myself when the trade was reported -- not in glee, but anger. I thought it was way too much to give up. After being inundated with nothing but love from the media and casual fans (even a lot of diehards who know stuff), I've come around on it ... but I still think it was a lot to give up and I'm not sure what kind of impact OBJ will have on our locker room.

The good:

*OBJ is only 26 years old. This isn't an Antonio Brown situation where, not only are you taking a chance on a guy as a potential locker room cancer, but he is also pretty old for the position. OBJ should be in his athletic prime for the balance of his contract.

*His "best friend" is standing next to him as arguably the best traditional slot receiver in the NFL and he and Baker seem to already have a relationship.

*Freddie Kitchens showed a real knack for coming up with interesting formations and ways to keep everyone involved and on the same page.


The bad:

*I really enjoyed Jabrill Peppers in the last half of the 2018 season. I think he could have a few Pro Bowls in him and he was on a cost-controlled contract for the foreseeable future. He is also a leader in the locker room.

*OBJ is already talking about getting a new contract. So, here we go with that nonsense.

*We have a lot of egos in the locker room.



I'm torn, not celebrating like every other Browns fan I know.



Peppers is a solid player no doubt, but having a top 3 WR is way more valuable then a decent safety. OBJ is a player that teams gameplan around, Peppers is not.

I'm not too concerned about the egos, and it doesn't look like OBJ's deal is getting restructured.

With the giants Eli and Odell are from two completely different generations. That's not the case with Baker. Baker, Odell, and Jarvis are all going to speak the same language.

My concern is Kitchens. I like the guy, but it's like the Browns gave the keys to a Ferrari to a 16 year old kid who just got his driver's license.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:17 PM   #29
bladefd
The Renaissance man
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 8,286
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
Peppers is a solid player no doubt, but having a top 3 WR is way more valuable then a decent safety. OBJ is a player that teams gameplan around, Peppers is not.

I'm not too concerned about the egos, and it doesn't look like OBJ's deal is getting restructured.

With the giants Eli and Odell are from two completely different generations. That's not the case with Baker. Baker, Odell, and Jarvis are all going to speak the same language.

My concern is Kitchens. I like the guy, but it's like the Browns gave the keys to a Ferrari to a 16 year old kid who just got his driver's license.

Plus they also have Nick Chubb+Kareem Hunt.. Both are elite rbs and from same generation. I have a feeling Browns will sign one of them long-term, but they don't have to! Chubb is on rookie deal so he is supercheap for next few years. Just do what Panthers did with DeAngelo Williams + Jonathan Stewart duo :P
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:46 PM   #30
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 8,381
Default Re: How terrified are you of the Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
I think it's bad. it's a brownsian type of trade. The trades the team used to make when they were dysfunction and their star players were disgruntled.

Trading a playmaker for chance to maybe land a playmaker is never a good move. I've suffered through my team making those kinds of deals for a very long time.

Its not a brownsian trade at all... if trading your overpaid playmakers for picks isnt a good move, then why does Belichick do it CONSTANTLY?

When you trade a guy getting paid 15+m/yr for picks, you arent just getting the picks, you are also receiving 18m in salary room to be spent on free agents and other players.

The Giants didnt just trade for a chance to land a playmaker, they are trading for a chance to land a playmaker on a rookie contract, and freeing up enough cap space to add one or two additional playmakers.

Last edited by Nanners : 03-20-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy