Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #46
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

Default Re: One more trade to solidify the backcourt

Hinrich is probably the one of the best if not the best Wade stopper

And if that doesn't tell you he's got great defense, I'm not sure what does.
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #47
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
I'm with you.
The Lakers also have 2 trade exceptions (2.5 mil from the Mihm deal, and 1.8 mil from the Vladrad trade) which could come in very handy, as they immediately reduce a teams payroll/lux tax.

Good point.

Quote:
I do think that ideally, the Bulls would like to get a big this season via trade, and if they included Kirk and Thomas in that deal, they would still be in position to pursue DWade (who I do not believe will leave the Heat) as well as sign their trade player (Amare, Boozer) long tem.

I dont think he'll leave Miami either, but i'm hoping Chicago doesnt know that.

Quote:
The whole DFish versus Kirk talk in moot IMO.
You were calling for the Lakers to aquire Kirk without giving up DFish.
I think we both agree that DFish is like Laker family, and retires in purple and gold. But, this may very well be his last NBA season, and we need to prepare for the future, and Kirk would be the ideal player, and is on the market (or should be).

Exactly. I wouldn't trade Fisher for Chris Paul (I think). Maybe people just arent clicking the link I posted.

He's going to retire as a laker and thats the end of that story. I hope he gives us a great final year this year and then goes to the coaching staff and remains on our bench until he retires from that. He will never be anything but a Laker again.

But having Hinrich in addition to Fisher would be a great boon. And we'd already have our PG ready to take over once Fish retires. And then 5 mil off the books next year anyway.

Quote:
I think the Lakers will begin the year and see how our PG's look. If they feel there is room for improvement (and more importantly, that Brown/Farmar are not starting caliber PG's in the future) AND a deal could be made, AT THE LAKERS PRICE (without touching our top 6 players, the starters plus LO), Mitch will be involved. I just think that for Kirk, we'd need to try to be part of a 3 way which lands the Bulls the big they desire (Amare, Boozer). And both those teams (Suns, Jazz) would not want Kirk, as they have great PG's making big coin.
Both the Suns and Jazz are well into lux tax land and have ownership issues, so expirings like Morrison, picks and trade exceptions may be desirerable.

All good points, and I agree.

I do think that with the progression of the league, you dont wait to see how Jordan and Shannon pan out. You make the move to win now. Hinrich is pretty young himself.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #48
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I agree with you, don't know if you misunderstood my post

I understood, I was just expanding on your post. Which I agree with, obviously. Trevor is a great defender in his own way, but he doesn't have the ability to impact a game with defense at the same level as Hinrich, on a possession-by-possession basis.

Quote:
but what i said, was steals, interceptions and blocks are more spectacular plays that are easy to implanted to most fans minds. A defenders ability to stay in front of his man esp during attack are one of the most neglected aspect in most fans observations. I don't mean to de-value Ariza, bec. I still don't consider him as a great defender, maybe he is heading to that direction but intercepting passes is just one aspect of defense, the bad part about this too is when you miss this attempted steal, your defender usually gets a much easier FG.

Agree 100%.

Saying that, i'll miss the hell out of Trevor. I dont even think i'll be able to watch Rockets games, let alone when they play us. Hurt too much.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: