Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 12-14-2006, 08:37 PM   #16
BlondeBomber41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Yeah, but Harris, Stack and Croshere will?

Cuban=idiot.

The Mavs are already over the hump, they made the finals last year and should of won. Iverson isnt gonna make them a better team.

Cuban = practical
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:38 PM   #17
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

i hope not
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:58 AM   #18
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber41
20 games into the season and you are freaking out like this? Horrible fan. Adding pieces like George, Croshere, Buckner and Johnson is gonna take some time. We are lucky to be 14-7 at this point.

my only problem with this is....how much time is it going to take? we're over 1/4 done with the season and really none of them is doing anything. I figured it would take some time, but I was thinking 10 games or so. If you watch each and every game, when the bench players are in, the offense goes completely stagnant. only reason this isn't biting us in the a$$ is because the starters usually get us like a double digit lead to work with.
I don't consider myself to be a "horrible" fan, but there comes a point to where I have to say, alright these 4 acquistions are just not helping Dallas out.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:22 AM   #19
Serge
Great young streetballer

Iverson would deff make you guys a better team. More heart, and strength to win. Last year you guys gave up a lead in the finals to lose I am sure cause guys just let down, and started to celebrate to late. AI would always give 110% in a game even if you are up 3-0 until he has won.

He would give you that extra boost I think you guys need.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #20
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

It was because they started settling for jump shots and quit attacking the basket. It had nothing to do with celebrating too early or guys letting down. While it might not have been the smartest basketball, there was nothing wrong at all with their effort.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:23 PM   #21
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber41
The Mavs are already over the hump, they made the finals last year and should of won. Iverson isnt gonna make them a better team.

Cuban = practical

Well they were this close to being out in the 2nd round. Who's to say they can't go back under the hump?

I think Iverson makes them an even better team, but I guess we'll never really find out.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:31 AM   #22
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

iverson would be nice in dallas to play alongside dirk....nice pick and roll action would going on wit ha little bit of pick and pop......and iverson is clutch and will be effective in the playoffs....
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #23
soog
I brick open layups

some of you fair weather fans make me sick. get off the band wagon that was last years team and dont come back...

as for iverson, I'd trade future draft picks to keep him off of this team. I'll take a risk like TO on a crappy cowboys team, but not a risk like iverson on a team that was in the finals last year.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #24
bandit21
Can barely lace up my sneakers

thankfully this idea died really quick...AI to Denver...Miller, Joe Smith and 2 1st-rounders to Philly...not official as of yet...

anyhow...team is playin very nicely as of late...not really sure why people tend to panic with this team...Josh would be an all-star if he was in the other conference, Dirk is Dirk, plus adding some assists...JT comin back to his game slowly but steadily...and to me, Devin is the key to the season...all in all, should be Mavs-Spurs conference finals again...cant wait for that...
bandit21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: