Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

Default Sandy + Political Hyprocrisy

I hate bring up politics, but I think I have to share my outrage. I live in central NJ in the storm area. Most of my area still has no power (i'm one of the VERY few places lucky enough to have power restored). We still have plenty of fallen trees and quite a bit of damage in our yard with huge trees fallen just close to knocking parts of my house down if they had fallen at different angle.

It takes 1 hours to drive down the road 3 blocks to local store due to traffic and fallen poles, etc. cannot touch tap water for another week, not enough state workers to raise much of the fallen poles. Looting in a lot of places. just chaos in some areas. Cops doing the best they can with most of the roads shut. Nobody can go to work since 90%+ of roads are not driveable.

Then I noticed the hypocrisy. Governor Christie that wanted the federal government to shrink significantly and get rid of FEMA is all of a sudden kissing the ass of federal government to get FEMA aid. All of a sudden, he is hugging the president, practically begging him for all the help they can provide. State is practically broke and can barely afford it. Where are any of the big wall street businesses? The ones that begged for bailout money to bail them out? The ones that turned some of that money around for bonuses for the CEOs and others and returned the bailout money with massive profits. The ones that begged the government to let them off the hook with their bankruptcy due to their own bad policies? Any community assistance from any of them?

Where are the insurance companies that were bailed out with billions of our tax money? Where are they? ...probably getting ready to turn down most of the insurance damage claims with some random bs excuses. We and neighbors are all sending in claims right away for the very long paperwork process that could take mooonths to get anything back. Those insurance companies will probably find a loophole to get compensated by federal/state government for that by exaggerating and faking how much they had to reimburse. They will probably have more tax money coming their way soon

Hey, where is Donald Trump now?

Last edited by bladefd : 10-31-2012 at 10:17 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
TylerOO
I serve the Usher's

Default Re: Sandy + Politcal Hyprocrisy

Im not really into politics, I only clicked this because Im also in central Jersey. Im ready to kill someone, probably myself, if I dont get some goddamn power soon.
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Im ready to kill someone, probably myself, if I dont get some goddamn power soon.

I understand the frustration... but try to think of this as a learning experience.

What sucks the most about having no power?
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
TylerOO
I serve the Usher's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
I understand the frustration... but try to think of this as a learning experience.

What sucks the most about having no power?

Eating whatever I want. No hot food. Ive been eating junk these past few days. And spending half my day staring at walls and just thinking. There is nothing to do. Cant drive cuz theres no gas to buy. I cleaned up my yard a lil bit but I cant lift these trees that fell. My stepdad will have to chainsaw them tomorrow

Last edited by TylerOO : 10-31-2012 at 10:44 PM.
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Eating whatever I want. No hot food. Ive been eating junk these past few days. And spending half my day staring at walls and just thinking. There is nothing to do. Cant drive cuz theres no gas to buy. I cleaned up my yard a lil bit but I cant lift these trees that fell. My stepdad will have to chainsaw them tomorrow

Well... be thankful that this didn't happen when it's a 100 degrees outside...

Those folks in New Orleans must have been sweating their balls off after Katrina hit.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: