Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-07-2006, 02:51 PM   #16
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Why are we talking about taking Boozer, we have a packed enough team right now. A smart thing to do now would be to find a good 3rd string SF to replace george.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #17
Smurf
I brick open layups

Smurf has an OK reputation so far

I like the trade (though I don't like giving up Smush). But I don't see Jazz pulling the trigger.
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #18
Sound and Fury
Verbosity Incarnate

Sound and Fury is considered somewhat coolSound and Fury is considered somewhat coolSound and Fury is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Why are we talking about taking Boozer, we have a packed enough team right now. A smart thing to do now would be to find a good 3rd string SF to replace george.
Huh? We have Odom, Radmanovic, and Walton as our SFs. Walton as a third-stringer not enough for you?

It's actually an intriguing trade. I think Boozer would be a good fit with the Lakers, as he seems to be a "bruiser" type who can score off garbage plays and doesn't need a ton of plays called for him (even if his contract is a bit hefty). He also allows Odom to slide down to SF, and pushes Radmanovic to the bench (probably to back up both forward spots). Of course, it opens up a hole at PG, but anyone who thinks Smush is vital to the Lakers' success is fooling themselves... Smush is a low-grade starter at best (seriously, name five other teams he'd start for). Playing a two-headed monster of Sasha and Farmar at PG - with Sasha given instructions to focus on being an annoying defensive pest and forget about scoring - wouldn't be a huge dropoff, especially considering the improved interior play that would result from adding Boozer.

I do worry a bit, however; it seems like Odom has played his best ball when he's played "out of position" at PF, and this pushes him back down to SF. On the whole, though, I'll take that risk with this trade; if things don't work out, simply put Boozer into a bench role backing up the PF and C slots, start Odom at PF, and Radmanovic at SF.

Of course, I'd have to see what fans other teams thought about this!
Sound and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #19
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24

If we trade for Boozer, it would likely be a 3-4 for 1 player trade. So we would be letting go of some of our guards to open up roster space for some young players.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #20
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
I still think that Evans is going to end up starting at PG 'cause Phil loves big guards and Evans will fit the T nicely.

Evans will get significqant playing time but i dont think he can man the point...hes not a great dribbler, hes good at penetrating but im not confident in his dribbling/passing abilities...he can play in the backcourt with kobe at times but i dont think hes capable of being a full time point like ron harper or scottie pip was 4 the bulls...however i still like the trade if we could get boozer...he would solidify our low post but i dont think utah is getting enough so i dont think it will be pulled off...they get a big contract in murphey and i think boozer is a better player than murphy
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:17 PM   #21
Jerballers
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Jerballers has an OK reputation so far

That is stupid not one of those team exept the dumb ass lakers will go for it so give it up boozer wants to be in utah.
Jerballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
I still think that Evans is going to end up starting at PG 'cause Phil loves big guards and Evans will fit the T nicely.

That might not be a bad idea.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: