Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pre-NFL draft thread

KC interested in trading down. Eagles are rumored to be interested in trading up. Flash back to last draft KC offered Detroit thier top pick for thier #20 and #33. Detroit said no. Eagles could offer thier #24 and #37 picks for KC 5th to select S Eric Berry. Whether Eagles wanna part with that high 2nd rd pick they aquired for Mcnabb remains to be seen.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #17
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

LOL @ Tim Tebow's decision not to attend the NFL Draft. Claiming that he wants to experience this moment with his family. Truth is, he wants to spare himself the embarrassment of being passed over by team after team after team. He's full of sht.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Question for ya since you're so high on Bradford, prime:

If you were the Browns, would you trade away 7 or 8 of your picks to the Rams to get the no. 1 overall pick to get Bradford?
I'll speak for all Browns fans when I say... Hell no.

This team has way too many holes to give up an entire draft one guy. I do think Bradford is legit and that he'll be a very good NFL quarterback, but I would still be devastated if a deal like that were made.

Quarterback isn't even the Browns' weakest position (that would be safety and wide receiver).

I would be ecstatic if we just stayed where we are and hope that Berry falls to us. If he doesn't, try like hell to trade down a few spots and grab Earl Thomas.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #19
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'll speak for all Browns fans when I say... Hell no.

This team has way too many holes to give up an entire draft one guy. I do think Bradford is legit and that he'll be a very good NFL quarterback, but I would still be devastated if a deal like that were made.

Quarterback isn't even the Browns' weakest position (that would be safety and wide receiver).

I would be ecstatic if we just stayed where we are and hope that Berry falls to us. If he doesn't, try like hell to trade down a few spots and grab Earl Thomas.
If you just had the open choice between Berry and Bradford right now who would you take for the Browns?

like assuming they had the #1 overall, and you got to make the pick...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
If you just had the open choice between Berry and Bradford right now who would you take for the Browns?

like assuming they had the #1 overall, and you got to make the pick...
Actually, that is a good question. I do think that Berry is the best player in the draft this year. From everything that I have seen, the guy is going to be an absolute beast.

We are in a division with Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu, so I am a little tired of seeing great safeties torch us. Plus, in conjunction with the acquisition of Sheldon Brown, the secondary could immediately go from the weakest area on the team to the strongest.

Brown, Eric Wright, and Berry is a hell of a trifecta. On top of that, a veteran like Brown could be a mentor for Berry.

With all of that said, the quarterback position is so incredibly important in the NFL and I don't really see a QB as good as Bradford coming along in the next couple of years. If I were given the choice between Bradford and Berry, I would probably HAVE to go with Bradford.

Still, I'm to the point now where it is a virtual dead heat between the two and I would be irate if the Browns gave up any picks to move up with Berry still on the board.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #21
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cowboys to move up to #13 for Earl Thomas?

Quote:
He believes Thomas is a better football player who has value as a nickel back and a safety. If Haden is gone (Cleveland could take him at No. 7), do the 49ers take Thomas at 13? The 49ers might have some options. The word is that the Cowboys are interested in moving up to 13 to select Thomas.
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...draft-day.html
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #22
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Cowboys to move up to #13 for Earl Thomas?

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...draft-day.html
If this is true, the Cowboys better hope that Berry falls to No. 7. Otherwise, there is a good chance that we take Earl Thomas with that pick, from what I'm hearing. Apparently, the Browns have Berry and Thomas on about the same plateau. The only thing separating them is Berry's size, but Holmgren loves Thomas' ability to play safety or corner.

I think it would be a good move for Dallas, btw. Thomas is legit. I will be disappointed if we don't get Berry, but Thomas would be a very good consolation prize.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #23
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Some big trade rumors are starting to float around, including Washington's DT Albert Haynesworth to the Lions for their 3rd round pick, which would allow the Lions to draft Russell Okung wit the no. 2 overall pick, which would help protect Matt Stafford. Also, if this happens, the Redskins would get one of Suh/McCoy, whichever the Bucs don't pick.

Quote:
After the Redskins' acquisition of Adam Carriker on Tuesday, ESPN NFC West scribe Mike Sando wondered, "Does movement in DL market -- Carriker to WAS -- foreshadow anything with Haynesworth?" Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennessean reported that the Titans have discussed Haynesworth with the Redskins and that the Skins "appear willing to part ways" with him. Nicholas J. Cotsonika of the Detroit Free Press thinks if the Lions can get Haynesworth for a third-rounder, that would fill the hole in the middle of the D-line, and they could then take Russell Okung No. 2 overall.

One hypothetical we've been hearing is that Haynesworth will be moved for a third-rounder, but there won't be an official transaction until the second day of the draft, when the picks in question would need to be sent over to Mike Shanahan and Co. But, perhaps we'll get a clue within the first round by the actions of the Lions or the Titans. For instance, if the Lions take Okung second -- or trade the pick -- that would be a pretty big hint that something is going on behind the scenes.

1. STL-Bradford
2. DET-Okung
3. TB-Suh/McCoy
4. WAS-Suh/McCoy
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: