Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Without O'Neal our defence non existant.

Defending is the key to winning in the NBA. We had better hope O'Neal is back fast because he's the only reason we even have a defence this year. It happened in Boston, the Celtics could not score until Jermaine picked up his second foul and had to be taken out for the rest of the half. Last night same thing, teams scoring, with unbelievably disgusting ease. That last lob to Vince you know Jermaine would have been there. We become so weak and conscious interior wise that there is no one out there to guard the perimeter either. Opponents start scoring with such ease and before you know it, it's an avalanche. Nets scored 53 points in just the last quarter plus 5 minutes of overtime. Thats first year expansion team type defence. We need another dominating defensive big man when O'Neal is out and we have a lead. Hump certainly not the answer. Someone like a Pryzbilla who is tough to shoot over and therefore not as likely to be driven on. Our team defence is not capable of guarding without that tough paint defender. This player would not have to be a scorer, we got lots of those, he would just have to be a defensive glue guy. Even if we get the perfect slashing wingman we all covet, it won't matter, we will still allways be exposed defensively every time Jermaine goes out of the game. Last night's loss did not bother me, what's really got me 'xxxxing bricks is wondering if Jermaine is o.k". God help us!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Without O'Neal our defence non existant.

I like how to jump to conclusion when you don't even know how long the guyy is even sidelined for
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

I'm also talking about when Jermaine is on the bench getting his blow. You leave with a lead, you like to be able to come back out to one, without the other team having built up all kinds of offensive momentum. At home you might be able to recover, but on the road, it's lights out, every time!
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

O'neal is a defense=first guy on our team. Makes the paint is territory.

Without O'neal we are the same seed as last year or even worst.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #5
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

O'Neal does more than just defense he creates MIS-MATCHES ..... allows Bosh to play that 1 v 1 game down low, he also allows Bargnani too play that Small Forward spot which we all have learned HE IS DOING IT WELL!!!!!!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

defense
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
defense
defense with an S is the US way of spelling it. So defence with a C is not incorrect.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:12 PM   #8
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

The defense is still pretty non existant with O'Neal.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #9
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

I have to agree.

I can't believe that BC isn't working the phones daily right now. Cause its obvious we can't defend the 2 or 3 positions.

Kobe must be licking his chops for his next game against us.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

Perimeter defense definitely still.

The only thing is he is the last resort and provides some intimidation as that last resort. He is not afraid to give a hard foul and send a message. Oakley is probably the last Raptor to have done that.

Although as funny as it is I remember a few years back being at the game where Matt Bonner of all guys gave KG a somewhat hard foul and KG along with Sprewell took exception. Bonner was ejected and as he left the building raised his index finger in the air to the Raptor crowd and got a huge ovation. That game Bosh played great and they beat the Wolves easily. It was almost like a coming out game for Bosh against Garnett. How ironic. He played better offensively against KG than he has recently.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #11
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Defending is the key to winning in the NBA. We had better hope O'Neal is back fast because he's the only reason we even have a defence this year. It happened in Boston, the Celtics could not score until Jermaine picked up his second foul and had to be taken out for the rest of the half. Last night same thing, teams scoring, with unbelievably disgusting ease. That last lob to Vince you know Jermaine would have been there. We become so weak and conscious interior wise that there is no one out there to guard the perimeter either. Opponents start scoring with such ease and before you know it, it's an avalanche. Nets scored 53 points in just the last quarter plus 5 minutes of overtime. Thats first year expansion team type defence. We need another dominating defensive big man when O'Neal is out and we have a lead. Hump certainly not the answer. Someone like a Pryzbilla who is tough to shoot over and therefore not as likely to be driven on. Our team defence is not capable of guarding without that tough paint defender. This player would not have to be a scorer, we got lots of those, he would just have to be a defensive glue guy. Even if we get the perfect slashing wingman we all covet, it won't matter, we will still allways be exposed defensively every time Jermaine goes out of the game. Last night's loss did not bother me, what's really got me 'xxxxing bricks is wondering if Jermaine is o.k". God help us!

O'Neal not playing the 4th and OT definitely made a big difference against the Nets. How many easy non contested layups did they get with no lane intimidation?

Gotta give Carter a hard foul going inside. And if they had Garbo when he first came to Toronto. No way Carter scores easily like he did.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: