Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    I'm hoping for a Rhino and/or Scorpion bad guy sequel, preferably Scorpion.
    By the way they handled The Lizard.. It makes these lesser villains actually be plausible selections.

Rhino seems like a perfect villain to get the lizard treatment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
    In the new movie he doesn't even shoot webs from his wrist, he has some electric device to it for him
    they got that right

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    NBA4EVER... You are terribly uninformed. You lack the needed knowledge that deals with all of that.
    The only way I lack knowledge is because I never read any of the comic books, so I don't know what separates the movie from what actually happened in the comics.

All I'm basically trying to say is the new Spiderman changed up a lot of the events that happened from the 2002 version of Spiderman, that I was so used to seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    they got that right
    If they got it right then good. Like I said, I never read the comics so idk the difference from what they got right and wrong. I'm just pointing out some differences from the 2002 version and the 2012 version

I liked how they used a new villain though. Wouldn't mind a sequel with Scorpion, Mysterio, Rhino, or even Shocker. That would be a badass movie with all 4 of them in it.

Local High School Star

I liked how they used a new villain though. Wouldn't mind a sequel with Scorpion, Mysterio, Rhino, or even Shocker. That would be a badass movie with all 4 of them in it.
    no it wouldn't. Unless you want another Spiderman 3.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

What the hell? Only time they should do that is if they introduce Kingpin and the Sinister Six storyline. Other than that, focus in only ONE villain at a time, and make him interesting. Unless they're more minor villains. Venom was treated so damn unfairly in SM3, that I don't know if I can trust them with more than 1 villain.

I loved it. 8.5/10

I loved how they handled the Uncle Ben- Peter relationship this time, much more fleshed out and legit emotions. Also I usually don't like origin stories that much the first time I see them (I know it's weird but like with Batman Begins, I didn't appreciate as much until I saw TDK... I enjoyed it, but didn't love it til after TDK) but this was just perfectly executed. Usually what they do is spend like half the movie with the origin and then the other half with just basically what seems like a new story, but this was connected perfectly so you could see Peter Parker become Spiderman.

The sequel could be the GOAT superhero movie with the way they set it up with this one. Think of Spiderman 2 and TDK... this has potential to be better because I think it was better than Spiderman and Batman Begins. My only concern is that as great as Garfield was, he did look old for the part (not as old as Tobey Maguire looked tho) and that could be a serious problem with sequels as he continues to age.

Also I gotta imagine (spoilers) [COLOR="White"]that the voice at the end was Norman Osborn and with Dr. Connors being alive, he could use him (against his will?) to heal him (with the references to him being on his death bed)... I wonder if they just bring in Harry Osborn too, it would seem really awkward with him not being anywhere in this one, all they had to do was make one mention like someone asking "Peter, where's Harry? I haven't seen him in a while" and it would've been better to bring him in for the sequels. I'm also pretty surprised that they used that late scene in the prison cell in the commercials.

I hope they expand on Peter's dad on the next one. [/COLOR]
    Last edited by MeLO MvP 15; 07-08-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

Bleh, what a disappointing movie. I'm pretty forgiving of big budget summer fun popcorn escapist comic book movies but this one was just bland. I didn't read spiderman comics so I'm not concerned with continuity in that regard. But I would have rather seen Spiderman 4 with Tobey than this rehash. Can't believe how similar it was to the last spiderman, can't believe they didn't take a page out of Nolan's batman-making book to step the series up. You've seen this movie a hundred times before, wait for DVD.

Looks stupid; not interested.

Spiderman 2 is the best super hero movie yet, there was no need for a re-imagining of the series and a stupid origin plot.

Banned

goddamn, what a shitty diasppointment of a movie, and a waste of hundreds of millions of dollars that would have been better spent feeding the children of liberia

Imagine that, if this and John Carter werent made and the money was given to Liberia instead, the whole country would be dragged out of the third world. Instead of happy healthy liberians, we have the new Spiderman and John Carter

I rule the local playground sommervilleCdn's Avatar

my quick n dirty review
    beautiful film (watched it on digital projection). Never seen teen wolf , so I don't understand the reference. It did feel like saturday morning cartoons in parts. But I didnt mind that. To me, this spiderman, exist in a totally different "universe" from tobey macguires. So the reboot makes sense too me, i don't mind it at all. I enjoyed it for what it is.

I loved the action scenes too. Solid, no disconnected quick cuts ...this movie's action scene is the anti- michael bay. Its less ADD, and its more focus and still, if u get what i mean. The camera likes to linger in certain areas, so it makes for some iconic moments.

//
    ps, don't want to contradict myself, but i can pretend now, that spiderman3 never existed, so by extension, this is the true spiderman continuum.

raep tiem

So, what's the veridict for this movie?

Learning to shoot layups NYK_Stan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    7/10

Did not like the new guy as Peter Parker, but did like him as Spider-man. As Peter Parker, the only thing that made him seem nerdy was the way people treated him, but he never actually came across as nerdy. As Spider-man though, he had a good Spidey-voice and made good use of being a smart ass.
    I had similar thoughts on the new actor. Slightly better Spiderman/Way worse Peter.

Personally, I think I would've preferred a Spider-Man 4 to this - I missed the Bruce Campbell cameos.

I also was all like during Uncle Ben's death scene. Overall an entertaining 7/10 though

pretty good movie, garfield is good, and it was funnier than i was expecting, based off of the trailer

at first i was kinda annoyed, i was expecting a dark knight, sorta feel, then they start cracking jokes, but it grew on me

7.5/10