Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Report: Mirotic headed to NBA next season

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    True that he played badly in the last month or two.
    Not true that Madrid didn't gave him the contract extension because of poorly performances.

Mirotic asked too much money to stay, he wanted to be the most payed player in the world outside the NBA plus the fact that him and Pablo Laso collided in one game when Mirotic's son borned making them hating each other was the decision making to come to NBA.
    Real fans as recently as last March would consider Mirotic the best player in europe, why whould he think any differently?

On a different note, was this Reyes' last season?
    Last edited by Oly BC; 06-29-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by kaktus14
    I dont think he will be good in NBA, sure as hell he wont be what Bulls fans think he will be, for me his game in Europe was too much dependent on refs calls, he whines,cries,flops too much, and in NBA he wont get as much love as he got in Europe,he is good shooter but in other aspects on offensive side of the ball dont think he has anything even close to elite which will not translate to anything good in NBA.

Little better Illyasova more or less
    He could be another Euro that will get expose in the highest level and come back to the minor leagues or could be like Ilyasova finding a role and making good money.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly BC
    Real fans March would consider Mirotic the best player in europe say last March, why whould he think any differently?

I don't think there's a clear cut best player in Europe right now, i don't think you can say that. He had an unbelievable start of the season but so did Madrid.

I don't think it was since they lost Euroleague and Endesa.
    He played servicible minutes, especially when Mirotic disappeared.. so i think he can play one or two more seasons.

Serious playground baller

I don't think there's a clear cut best player in Europe right now, i don't think you can say that. He had an unbelievable start of the season but so did Madrid.

I don't think it was since they lost Euroleague and Endesa.
    He played servicible minutes, especially when Mirotic disappeared.. so i think he can play one or two more seasons.
    He'd have to play more than that.
    But really, I was looking forward to his retirement after he eliminated us by himself...

Mirotic had an unbelievable regular season, an average top 16 and a bad finish. Talk about unwarranted hype.

He'd have to play more than that.
    But really, I was looking forward to his retirement after he eliminated us by himself...

Mirotic had an unbelievable regular season, an average top 16 and a bad finish. Talk about unwarranted hype.
    I really think that his feud with Laso really turned the thing down in his performances. He played like 14 minutes a game in the last month, i read an article in spanish about that.

So is this kid a bit of a hot head? I can see the bulls dumping him at the first sign of trouble despite the hype.

True that he played badly in the last month or two.
    Not true that Madrid didn't gave him the contract extension because of poorly performances.

Mirotic asked too much money to stay, he wanted to be the most payed player in the world outside the NBA plus the fact that him and Pablo Laso collided in one game when Mirotic's son borned making them hating each other was the decision making to come to NBA.
    That's what I said, he asked for too much money for what he was worth. He's not worth that much money, because he's not that good.

Also, he didn't ask to be the highest paid player in Europe. He asked to be the 5th highest.

Krstic got cut by CSKA due to poor play and had to take a huge pay cut in Efes.

Lorbek also cut by Barca due to poor play and supposedly will sign with Maccabi for an enormous pay cut.

There is some dispute about Linas Kleiza's pay also. The media claims he was the highest paid player in Europe, but the player, his agent, and the club claim a salary half the amount the media claims.

Anyway, that's irrelevant, because he is also getting cut due to poor play by Fenerbahce according to basically all reports. And that he will then take a much smaller salary in Milano probably.

So that leaves as the current 4 highest paid players in Europe....

1. Rudy Fernandez - €3 million euros net income

2. Victor Khryapa - €3 million euros net income

3. Vassilis Spanoulis - €2.5 million euros net income

4. Juan Carlos Navarro - €2.5 million euros net income

Mirotic was asking to be the 5th highest paid player in Europe - the highest paid player after those four.

He was asking for a salary at €2.2 million euros net income per season.

But the thing is he's not worth that and he's not that good. His level and his production is only probably worth about €1.0 million to €1.2 million.

He already made 1 million this season and was supposed to make 1.1 million next season. So they were basically paying him pretty much what he was worth, and he had a hugely inflated idea of his value. MAYBE he could have asked for something like 1.5 million and gotten it.

But seriously.....on his own team Sergio Rodriguez is getting €1.4 million a year, how the hell are you going to justify giving Mirotic, who is not as good, 2.2 million a year?

Tomic is playing in the Spanish League also and getting 1.8 million a year, and he's way better. How the hell does Mirotic think he should get 2.2 million?

Real Madrid could sign 3 players that are each BETTER than him for that kind of money. So of course they are not going to meet those demands.

That's just unreasonable. He has not done anything in Europe to justify that kind of salary. In NBA terms that's like what $7 million a year?

They can find better players for that kind of money.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-29-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Real fans as recently as last March would consider Mirotic the best player in europe, why whould he think any differently?

Reyes is a really strange player. He is getting better and better every damn year. What is he like 35 now? The guys from his same generation, Pau and Navarro are practically already unable to even play in back to back games, and this guy just keeps getting better every year.

Is he doping or what?
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-29-2014 at 02:03 PM.

I really think that his feud with Laso really turned the thing down in his performances. He played like 14 minutes a game in the last month, i read an article in spanish about that.
    Give Lasso some credit.

It's the fact that Mirotic is super soft and as the competition gets tougher he not only can't handle the more physical play, he also folds mentally. Being soft physically and mentally is a deadly combination for a 6-10 guy.

And that he does not play defense or rebound sure the hell does not help any either. Hell, he expects Bourousis, Slaughter, Mejri, whomever is playing center to do absolutely EVERYTHING as the big man. You can't win that way.

I've never seen a supposed star power forward expect his centers to absolutely handle all the rebounding, boxing out, weak side defense, guarding the paint, stopping the guard penetration, etc.

Just watch Real Madrid games, he exhausts their centers by the end of the first quarter. He is going to drive a coach like Thibodeau absolutely insane.

Laso is probably the EASIEST coach imaginable for him to play for. Now he actually has to play for a coach that will expect him to actually play defense and rebound and that will be mad with all the softness and all the weak mentality he shows.

Laso eventually got tired of it after several years....Thibodeau won't put up with at all I don't think.

The thing that will of course help Mirotic a lot on the Bulls though is that the NBA is so much less physical than the Euroleague, there is so much less defense played in the NBA than in the Euroleague, and the NBA is so much softer of a league than the Euroleague is.

Mirotic is definitely made for the NBA and not the Euroleague, because he's just way too soft for the Euroleague. He can't hack it in the Euroleague, it's just too physical and tough for him. He needs to play in the NBA where it's a lot less physical and defense isn't as important.

However, Thibodeau isn't a good fit as a coach for him. Not even being able to handle Laso, the LEAST demanding coach in Euroleague on defense, rebounding and physical play is a red flag.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-29-2014 at 02:04 PM.

I hit on 5-footers

Mirotic has been so soft the 2nd half of the season that even Rudy Fernandez of all people called him out on it.

Laso sucks at creating opportunities for his bigs and in the longterm it seems that his teams regularly struggle to maintain a healthy inside-outside balance. Said this, Mirotic's tendency to disappear when thinks get tough would make any coach think twice before giving this guy a prominent offensive role.

At some point this season he looked like he was finally getting it but he's been playing poorly since January yet he somehow thought he deserved to be paid like he was carrying his team

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    So is this kid a bit of a hot head? I can see the bulls dumping him at the first sign of trouble despite the hype.
    Not a hot head, just soft as fvck

Real supposedly signed Andres Nocioni to replace Mirotic. So I guess this is all but official now.

I don't know what is up with Real. All that freaking money to spend...they can sign literally any player they want....

I mean, I get why they picked Nocioni in one sense, since he's the exact opposite of Mirotic - Mirotic is soft as hell and mentally weak, while Nocioni is tough as nails and mentally strong.

But seriously though, Nocioni is years past his prime. He just can't guard anyone anymore. He tries. He gives effort, but he can't play defense at all. He can't guard any small forwards or power forwards. You can't put him to defense anyone at either position. He's an absolute huge hole on defense.

I really don't get that team. It's like they are actually trying to see if they can win championships without playing any defense.

They really are the Euroleague version of the D'Antoni - Nash Suns.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-29-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Da Mavs

‏@WindhorstESPN 1m
    The Bulls are working on signing F Nikola Mirotic, sources told ESPN. He secured buyout today from Real Madrid according to @*********
    Expand
    Tis confirmed. I'm excited to see him.

Melo is still a possibility, but looks less likely. McDermott + Mirotic + Gasol? Much better.

I hit on 5-footers

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Tis confirmed. I'm excited to see him.

Melo is still a possibility, but looks less likely. McDermott + Mirotic + Gasol? Much better.
    Not bad at all for a plan B. They still need a SG but that front line would be sick.

I think this means they are pretty much closing the door on Melo.