Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: 2009 All-NBA teams are official

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi
    And the most underrated player of the year goes to...Deron Williams!
    Congrats elite point guard, you get to sit at home for all star games and award ceremonies, despite your constant performance which illustrates that you are similar to the best point in the league/MVP candidate.

This is the last straw. I will never accept team selections as a historical argument for player A being better than player B. MVP awards are well tainted as well. Basically, I don't care what media votes or NBA awards were given to anyone, ever. I'm not listening to that trash anymore. In fact, we should make a list of the greatest travesties in NBA awards and honors, just so we have a library to reference when we encounter these bad historical arguments.

1. Steve Nash MVPs
    2. Shaq's number of MVPs

Please, add to the list. Let's make this an airtight case to blow off every award argument for player X. Think back to all star snubs, all nba team mishaps, mvps, finals mvps, anything you can think of.

4. Jerry Sloan 0 COY awards.
    I AGREE WITH U....BUT I DONT FEEL HE IS UNDERATED....I JUST FEEL HE GETS NO RECOGNITION....MAYBE ITS A UTAH THING?????? I LOVE HIS GAME...I THINK HE GOTS FIRE......

National High School Star mattevans11's Avatar

dwill should be on third team for SURE

Ok, how the hell does Dirk get picked in the First Team over Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony and Tim Duncan? Carmelo just rapped Dirk in the Playoffs, Pierce is just better, and Duncan has been better than Dirk his whole Career, including this season. Pierce or Carmelo should have Dirk's spot, and Dirk should be 3rd Team at best. Carmelo gets treated horribly in this League. They don't even put him in the All-Star Game, and then they throw him down to the 3rd Team.

Other than that, everything else is pretty good. I don't really get how Brandon Roy gets picked over Billups and Parker, but it's all good. Here is my All-NBA Team.

All-NBA First Team

Guard - Dwyane Wade
    Guard - Kobe Bryant
    Forward - Paul Pierce
    Forward - Lebron James
    Center - Yao Ming

All-NBA Second Team

Guard - Chris Paul
    Guard - Chauncey Billups
    Forward - Carmelo Anthony
    Forward - Tim Duncan
    Center - Dwight Howard

All-NBA Third Team

Guard - Tony Parker
    Guard - Brandon Roy
    Forward - Dirk Nowitzki
    Forward - Pau Gasol
    Center - Shaquille O'Neal

Most Underrated Player Award - Deron Williams
    Most Overrated Player Award - Dwight Howard

Edit: Oh, and I am happy to see the Spurs having two players in the All-NBA Teams. The Spurs, Lakers and Nuggets are the only Teams with more than one player in the All-NBA Teams. Next year, I want to see Ginobili in there, so the Spurs can have three players. :)
    Last edited by JustinJDW; 05-14-2009 at 02:35 AM.

College star

Carmelo just rapped Dirk in the Playoffs

idiot

Decent college freshman

Absolute trash of a list.
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five

idiot
    Oh no, a guy on the Internet called me an "idiot". What am I ever going to do!?!? How am I ever going to live with myself!?!?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    Oh no, a guy on the Internet called me an "idiot". What am I ever going to do!?!? How am I ever going to live with myself!?!?
    Dirk was easily the best player of all second round series. You either have an agenda or no clue of how Basketball works.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Ok, how the hell does Dirk get picked in the First Team over Paul Pierce, Carmelo Anthony and Tim Duncan? Carmelo just rapped Dirk in the Playoffs, Pierce is just better, and Duncan has been better than Dirk his whole Career, including this season. Pierce or Carmelo should have Dirk's spot, and Dirk should be 3rd Team at best. Carmelo gets treated horribly in this League. They don't even put him in the All-Star Game, and then they throw him down to the 3rd Team.

Other than that, everything else is pretty good. I don't really get how Brandon Roy gets picked over Billups and Parker, but it's all good. Here is my All-NBA Team.

All-NBA First Team

Guard - Dwyane Wade
    Guard - Kobe Bryant
    Forward - Paul Pierce
    Forward - Lebron James
    Center - Yao Ming

All-NBA Second Team

Guard - Chris Paul
    Guard - Chauncey Billups
    Forward - Carmelo Anthony
    Forward - Tim Duncan
    Center - Dwight Howard

All-NBA Third Team

Guard - Tony Parker
    Guard - Brandon Roy
    Forward - Dirk Nowitzki
    Forward - Pau Gasol
    Center - Shaquille O'Neal

Most Underrated Player Award - Deron Williams
    Most Overrated Player Award - Dwight Howard

Edit: Oh, and I am happy to see the Spurs having two players in the All-NBA Teams. The Spurs, Lakers and Nuggets are the only Teams with more than one player in the All-NBA Teams. Next year, I want to see Ginobili in there, so the Spurs can have three players. :)
    Where is the proof the mentioned players had a better individual year?

Lol, holy ****. You guys can't seriously believe Dirk deserves the 1st All-NBA spot over Carmelo and Pierce.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Lol, holy ****. You guys can't seriously believe Dirk deserves the 1st All-NBA spot over Carmelo and Pierce.
    I believe it, seriously.

I'm a Celtic fan and i believe it, Dirk was the 2nd best forward in the league this year after LeBron and would be 3rd if you include Duncan.

Deron get's overlooked again. I'm fine with it, he plays with a passion when this happens.
    After the All-Star votes came in he averaged around 30(ish)/10(ish) for a stretch.

Hopefully next year he comes back with something to prove.

Local High School Star

i like deron but face it, he plays in the same conference with cp who the media has already declared the best pg in the league so get use to him being overlooked and left off of things, he was also injured and didnt get off to a great start. dirk deserves his 1st team status, he carried the mavs all season.these awards are for the regular season so dont get caught up with melo havin a great playoffs and beating dirk's team, he didnt have a better regular season then dirk. the only spot i would change is chauncey billups,i dont think he should be all-nba. i can argue a few pg's that had a better season.

NBA lottery pick

Probably as bad as you do with the butt-whipping the Mavs put on the Spurs in round one.

Waits for standard reply: We have three rings.

Yada Yada. And Greece once ruled the world.

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

Carmelo just rapped Dirk in the Playoffs
    Dirk 34.4/11.6/4 53.3%

Melo 30/6.8/3.4 49.1%

totally raped