Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Los Angeles Clippers

Quote Originally Posted by swe_suns
    I think we all stopped reading right there.
    not really

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Thechosen1
    not really
    In what universe is KD = CP3?

3-time NBA All-Star

clippers are better right now unless westbrook stops chucking. But in terms of upside, ill go with okc. I think clippers have reached their peak unless griffin becomes a goto scorer while okc already had durant who is the most unstoppable right now.

Banned

The biggest issue OKC would have is limiting their turnovers since they do like to turn the ball over. The Clippers will convert those almost every single time with highlight plays which get the team going and boost the Clippers defense even more.

I got the Clippers winning in 6 due to having an ability to dominate games defensively and share the ball in a way which is hard to defend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGHNJvRs4qc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYp8T8vOsc

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    Durant = Paul

Blake > Westbrook (especially in a playoff series where you know Russ will try too much)

DJ >>>>>>>> Perkins (by a mile, and DJ has been playing great when posting up)

Crawford > Martin (I would slap the shit out of any ***** that thinks K Mart has ever been a equal or better player than Mal)

Ibaka > Butler (Caron has a lot of experience and his game is made to be effective in the playoffs so I think Caron could impact a series as much as Ibaka, but Ibaka will block shots and rebound fasho and you cant just ignore that

I dont know what the **** is wrong with the few people in this thread, but if you think OKC has a better core 4 then you are blowed as ****. As a team (not even talking bench depth) the Clippers are put together perfectly, everybody plays off each other and OKC does not do that at all. They dont move the ball at anywhere near the level the Clippers do. GTFOH you uneducated on basketball ass ******, only a fool would say some shit like that.
    what's wrong with you??

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by swe_suns
    In what universe is KD = CP3?
    this one

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by 2swift4u
    what's wrong with you??
    16 and 9 can be just as effective as 28 and 3 bro bro, its all still points scored, Paul gets others involved but has the ability to give you 20 every night. OKC just does not move the ball well enough to be able to "easily" beat the Clippers, I think the Clips have a huge advantage on offense if they can keep KD from going ham. I would say to let Russ do his thing and focus on Durant.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    clippers are better right now unless westbrook stops chucking. But in terms of upside, ill go with okc. I think clippers have reached their peak unless griffin becomes a goto scorer while okc already had durant who is the most unstoppable right now.
    lol clippers arent even close to their peak...

people need to realize this.

1. Chris Paul isnt playing like Chris Paul because he saves it for the playoffs, and they are still kicking everyones ass
    2. Because CP3 isnt looking for his own shot, he makes everyone around him that much more effective because they have more confidence to produce and he puts them in the right places to succeed.
    3. He himself knows that if he is aggressive looking for his shot, but everyone else isnt a threat, they can still be beat. However, if his teamates are also a legit threat to score, and now teams have to worry about him getting his points, it makes it that much harder for them to defend.

I laugh at people like chuck, and others that diminish how great cp3 is. The man is playing chess with everyone that steps on the court with him, but they continue to pretend like he just all of a sudden lost all his skill...he can take over a game if he wants to, IN HIS SLEEP.

He knows that basketball is more than just one guy, and thats all hes doing in the regular season....i'll say this once, NOBODY in the playoffs wants to see the clippers if Chris Paul is very close to his first ring. He wont lose.

NBA rookie of the year

Not sure, but that would be one hell of a western conference finals.

Neither is beating Miami, though.

Dunking on everybody in the park

1. Chris Paul isnt playing like Chris Paul because he saves it for the playoffs, and they are still kicking everyones ass
    2. Because CP3 isnt looking for his own shot, he makes everyone around him that much more effective because they have more confidence to produce and he puts them in the right places to succeed.
    3. He himself knows that if he is aggressive looking for his shot, but everyone else isnt a threat, they can still be beat. However, if his teamates are also a legit threat to score, and now teams have to worry about him getting his points, it makes it that much harder for them to defend.

I laugh at people like chuck, and others that diminish how great cp3 is. The man is playing chess with everyone that steps on the court with him, but they continue to pretend like he just all of a sudden lost all his skill...he can take over a game if he wants to, IN HIS SLEEP.

He knows that basketball is more than just one guy, and thats all hes doing in the regular season....i'll say this once, NOBODY in the playoffs wants to see the clippers if Chris Paul is very close to his first ring. He wont lose.
    I agree with this, and they are a much better matchup for Miami. They have all the stregnths needed to beat MIA in 7. I dont think it will happen cause Wade has played great lately and has more spring in his step than he had all last season, but it would be great to see unfold bro bro.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

lol

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Clippers. Better defensive team. They can play uptempo or half court effectively. They capitalize on mistakes and the Thunder can surely make mistakes.

Clippers are fool's gold. That franchise won't be winning shit.

would put all of my money on the thunder

two of the most fast paced teams in the NBA head to head? it's gonna be who has the most stamina, who can outlast the other team through all 4 quarters. I think in this matchup, it's a matter of depth